Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enough already....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Enough already....

Sep 10, 2018, 11:02 AM

Clemson won. It was a hostile environment, rainy conditions, against a team that is much better than many people realize.

We absorbed their best shots initially to start the game, and had the opportunity to really put them in a hole at the end of the first half, but we had a bad play happen. Bad timing for sure, but that is part of football.

Yes, the play calling got conservative at times. Yes, they held the DL most of the night. But you have to give some credit to A&M in the second half. They made some incredible plays. There were several that were split seconds from being disaster for them, but they got the plays. That's going to happen sometimes. Also, Jimbo is a heckuva play caller. Say you what you want to about him as a HC, but he calls a great game normally, and has always given our D fits.

Complain all you want, but to come out of that environment against a team much better than people think with the W, I will happily take it and move on. It's a long season and you're gonna have tight games where things don't go perfect. At least we won!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok. This posts added nothing to the discussion

Sep 10, 2018, 11:04 AM

Nothing wrong with people discussing aspects of the game.

Re: Ok. This posts added nothing to the discussion

Sep 10, 2018, 11:13 AM

It was a great win for the Tigers and we all are very pleased that we had just enough gas in the tank to finish the aggies off at their stadium on a lousy night.... but.... with all the preseason hype, we are expecting a lot more from these star players that everyone loves. Our coaches do a great job and we all recognize that but, as avid fans, we expect more.
It’s going to be like that as long as Clemson is a top five team. I hope that we can learn to NOT openly criticize individual players. That’s not good!

Re: Ok. This posts added nothing to the discussion

Sep 10, 2018, 11:30 AM

I think we all were spoiled by DW4 and his ability to get the ball to the wideouts. As long as we continue to win I think we all will be extremely happy, but it sure does SEEM like we are leaving a little on the table. I think we get better on O as we go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 Forrest you make a difficult request

Sep 10, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok. This posts added nothing to the discussion ]

It’s a bitter pill for much of the fan base to accept this team cannot win a natl championship with the amount of talent and character on this team. And you are asking the fan base to accept slightly above average play and players who exude “great leadership and character” but not the talent to beat the best teams. IMHO DW4 won the 2016/17 championship. It takes a great QB to beat the best teams. And half the Tiger fan base is great with losing to the best team at year-end. But with the stacked deck of Clemson players this year, some fans were hoping for a shot to win it all this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic