Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ennybody been to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Ennybody been to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons?

Apr 30, 2020, 11:49 AM

Thinking about a July trip.

Suggestions?

Message was edited by: wilbur82®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Ennybody been to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons?

Apr 30, 2020, 11:52 AM

Yep they are both great. Do your homework on Yellowstone. There is lots to see. U could spend days or weeks there. We took a Snake River float trip and loved it. There are also white water trips.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. We stayed in Jackson Hole, hiked around the Tetons

Apr 30, 2020, 12:05 PM

And drove the lower loop of Yellowstone. Upper loop was closed due to snow.

Tons of wildlife in both places. Due yourself a favor a stay away from the bison. People are idiots and will provoke them. Observe from a distance. Go see the mormon barns in the Tetons. That area is usually full of wildlife (antelope, elk, bison, moose). Oxbo bend is nice scenery as well. Tetons usually shut down areas where the bear are. In Yellowstone you're more likely to find them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man, those photos are TOTE1 worthy***

Apr 30, 2020, 12:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed they are. Great pics!!***

Apr 30, 2020, 2:41 PM

Meh.

Apr 30, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to man, those photos are TOTE1 worthy*** ]

None of them have psychedelic effects, which is what truly makes an animal POP.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll love it!

Apr 30, 2020, 12:07 PM

Spend some time driving the loop, don't get too annoyed at the stupid people, and enjoy the beauty.

Make sure you get some good sun protection, whether a full brim hat or some good sunscreen, especially if you're going to be sitting and waiting for any geysers.

Really cannot do anything wrong, but do some hikes, see some geysers, check out the prismatic, keep an eye out for wildlife, stay away from the bears and buffalo, enjoy the night sky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You'll love it!

Apr 30, 2020, 9:01 PM

Definitely a lot of driving the loop to see everything.

Yes and it is GLORIOUS.

Apr 30, 2020, 12:08 PM

and can be crowded.

Hopefully the national parks are back open by then.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Tip: Take Bug Spray. We stayed in Jackson after a

Apr 30, 2020, 12:09 PM

wet winter and the skeeters were TERRIBLE, especially in Yellowstone.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 12:08 PM

Both. No suggestions other than encouraging you to go.

No, but I drove to OK City and back in a 24 hour period.

Apr 30, 2020, 12:41 PM

AMA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did you do that?***

Apr 30, 2020, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Covid shortened road trip.***

Apr 30, 2020, 12:53 PM

Are you Timothy Mcveigh?***

Apr 30, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to No, but I drove to OK City and back in a 24 hour period. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Timothy be dead!!!

May 1, 2020, 9:06 AM

God rest those who passed away!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 12:52 PM

Yes to both. But I would now only go to ski. Jackson Hole is the most glorious. Terribly difficult but glorious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 12:56 PM

Was there 20 yr ago. Camped just east of and at the foot of Tetons. One hellava thunderstorm one night during last week in June. Remember catching some nice fish...oh, and getting married in Jackson Hole. WTH was I thinking!? Oh,well, it all worked out. The trip I mean. Marriage, LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, jackson hole***

Apr 30, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please do a headstand

Apr 30, 2020, 1:49 PM

Not sure why posting from phone turns the pictures upside down.

Highly recommend.

Enjoyed hiking past Jenny Lake, rafting down Snake River in thunderstorm, kayak on Jackson Lake, waterfalls, wilderness, animals, etc

See the main tourist sights, but make sure to go on some 5-10 mile trails to get away from the tourists. Then hit the brewery in Jackson and concrete sledding.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you left handed?

Apr 30, 2020, 3:46 PM

you must be left handed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I saw Grand Tetons my mind went somewhere else.........

Apr 30, 2020, 1:55 PM

No pigs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went in Oct

Apr 30, 2020, 2:43 PM

We stayed 2 nights in Livingston, then drove thru YS to Jackson and stayed there 3 nights. Then back thru YS to Big Sky for our final night.

I could go back at a moments notice. Out side of Maine in the fall, this is by far one of my favorite vacations.

They're real, and they're spectacular***

Apr 30, 2020, 5:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yeah, bucket list stuff. along with Yosemite.***

Apr 30, 2020, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Apr 30, 2020, 8:34 PM

yes

Cody Wyoming has a yuge 4th of July celebration too

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 8:35 PM

Cody has a large firearms museum too

GoCody!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 8:45 PM

Went for a week to Yellowstone. Spent one day riding around Tetons. Go ahead and book your rooms. They used to fill up fast...that might’ve changed with this coronavirus. We stayed at Old Faithful inn, which can be hard to reserve, and mammoth hot springs inn. I would recommend staying at a couple of different places to get a feel for both. Rooms and dining aren’t anything special, but can be somewhat historic. Aramark ran it when we went, probably do all parks. Mammoth hot springs inn had elk all over the place. You could reach out your window and probably touch one. Saw a park ranger chewing out an Asian guest for getting too close to one. We also rode out to Cody Wyoming to see a rodeo. It was fun, but it’s a bit of a drive. Worth it if you have kids.

We’ve been to Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Arcadia. I’ve probably enjoyed those trips as much as any I’ve ever taken.

Apr 30, 2020, 9:03 PM

Also, West Yellowstone has a bear and wolf rescue that was great. They test trash cans for companies to make sure they’re bear proof.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic