Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enjoy it while it lasts. good OOC games are coming to an end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,003

Enjoy it while it lasts. good OOC games are coming to an end

Jun 27, 2012, 2:48 PM

the GA series will likely be the last OOC series we schedule with a major conference team. Other than long running rivalries almost all major OOC games will be stopping as the big boys consolidate power.

There is no incentive for PAC B12 B10 or SEC teams to play these games. It is detrimental to their teams playoff positions to increase outsiders SOS. Add in 9 game conference schedules and you can see how big boy commissioners will be making a point to tell their members not to schedule these games in the future.

I could foresee even rivalry games being terminated if they have the potential to weaken a conferences chance at a second bid for the playoff. Just something to think about., especially if you think we will be fine in the ACC without our SEC OOC games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enjoy it while it lasts. good OOC games are coming to an end

Jun 27, 2012, 2:51 PM

So usuc will never, ever catch us in WINS when the SEC forces them to cancel our rivalry game each year? Do the chickens know about this?

Does that mean we should call them "chicken" chickens? Carowhina Chickens - sounds about right.

how sad

Jun 27, 2012, 2:53 PM

no more Troy's or Ball State. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not neccessarily true as I heard on ESPN that......

Jun 27, 2012, 2:53 PM

since Strength of Schedule is part of the new 4-team selection process that it may motivate teams to schedule strong OOC games instead of the usual cupcake games.

You're right for sure in that with nine conference games mandatory that it won't leave ACC teams with many OOC options other than traditional arch rivals, etc.

You have it completely backwards. Every conference but

Jun 27, 2012, 8:07 PM

the SEC will be forced to schedule tough OOC to improve their so called RPI . Most experts agree on this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big 10, as well as the SEC, will stop scheduling tough O-O-C

Jun 27, 2012, 8:35 PM

games.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic