Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Engineering Question. Is this too much for a resume???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,278

Engineering Question. Is this too much for a resume???

Jul 23, 2013, 4:50 PM

Please comment if it's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB8ge6xBFUk&feature=player_embedded

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Engineering Question. Is this too much for a resume???

Jul 23, 2013, 4:56 PM

Was this a senior project? I'll private message you with my email.

Jul 23, 2013, 6:06 PM

It is very, very, very thorough, and I don't know how many firms will take the time to watch it all. Also, I don't know how many of them will appreciate the music, but you might separate yourself from the pack with it. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who is in an engineering office and has

Jul 23, 2013, 6:19 PM

been called upon to review potential candidates, I believe it is too much. Explaining what you did, why you did it, and the application for it goes a whole lot further. Save this for an interview and drop the music.

By the way, I am an engineer with twenty year's experience. I wish you the best of luck. Jobs are still tight in the engineering field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 23, 2013, 6:20 PM

Need to give enough to get them interested and save some for the interview.
Just my thoughts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

the music detracts.***

Jul 23, 2013, 9:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 23, 2013, 9:52 PM

I agree with the above poster. It's great idea to be able to show off a project after you put in all the hard work and it goes well, but the music is distracting (and the video is a little long).

I would go with a voice-over briefly explaining what it is, how it works, why you chose to show each view, etc.

Also, (keep in mind I haven't worked with SolidWorks since 2009), it looks like you did a screen cap of you manually moving the part around (or either the video was sped up). Less camera movement, and more controlled movement with longer pauses would add a lot of value to the presentation.

If you want to emphasize either CAD work or the design, you can do so in the voice-over. If it's about the check gauge, talk about your tolerances and reasons for them. Anyone who sees the video will notice the CAD work, but will want to hear more about the design.

Sources: Mechanical and Aerospace degrees, taught 3D CAD in grad school for 2 years.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,278
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic