Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Empty seats at Littlejohn.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 517

Empty seats at Littlejohn.....

Jan 28, 2020, 7:08 PM

Shameful. Just saying.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Empty seats at Littlejohn.....

Jan 28, 2020, 7:16 PM

https://twitter.com/cutigervision/status/1222310076603600899?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Had friend rappel outside of LJ back in 90s***

Jan 28, 2020, 11:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one has evar escaped from Stalag 13******

Jan 28, 2020, 11:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@CUTigervision

Jan 29, 2020, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Empty seats at Littlejohn..... ]

That is super boring and unimpressive in slow-mo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oliver Purnell did it at Rock the john ~10 years ago.***

Jan 29, 2020, 1:44 PM

Why?***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are somewhere else?***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Empty seats at Littlejohn.....

Jan 28, 2020, 7:37 PM

You would think after the last great 10 years that people would be excited for our run at the NIT this year. If we lose this game it is definitely the fans fault.

I don't do basketball games.....

Jan 28, 2020, 8:02 PM

All the loud, obnoxious, between-game distractions keep me away. What's that guy's name, J-Dew? Ugh. They can have that crap.

I go to all the home football games + several away games, ALL 35+ home baseball games (haven't missed one in like 4 years, rain or freeze), plus several other sports (not soccer because I'd rather stare at a wall for 2 hours than watch that borefest). Add softball to that this year.

I do my part. LOTS of time, money, and effort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And sometimes, neither does Clemson

Jan 28, 2020, 8:11 PM

ouch???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either

Jan 28, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to I don't do basketball games..... ]

I don’t fit in the seats, no not side to side, front to back. Last game I went to, l almost lost a knee caps and my shins were black and blue for a week. You’d think a game for tall people would have spectator seats for tall people.

Baseball is almost as bad. I got really good seats behind home plate for a game last year and had to move to an empty cheap seat because they were so low my knees were head high. My hips kept locking up on me.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

dont look now, but you are showing your age

Jan 30, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I don't do basketball games..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shameful that we have had one coach for 10 some years with

Jan 29, 2020, 7:46 AM

one tourney run to show for it.

Shameful that Littlejohn has been gutted twice in 20 years because some decision makes didn't do it right the first time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team was badly snubbed last year

Jan 30, 2020, 3:43 PM

All the metric showed they were one of the top 35 teams, but they didn't get in. They were still a very good team, though, and that two years in a row of having good teams.

Also- and this isn't that great- Brownell has taken the team to 2 NCAATs, including one Sweet 16. In my opinion, if Clemson's jerseys said "UNC," they would've gone 4 times over those ten years. But they've only gone 2, and that needs to improve.

On the other hand, if you haven't been paying attention, the team has been on an incredible run over the past month. The only reason to bellyache right now is because you just want to bellyache.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year, maybe don't blow a huge lead to NC State,

Jan 30, 2020, 4:09 PM

twice, and they are in. Maybe beat Miami every now and then. And this "run" over the past month included not being remotely competitive with the best team they played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should change the policy to open seating after the 10

Jan 29, 2020, 8:06 AM

min mark in the 1st half. rather than havin the rent-a-cops chase people back to the upper deck.

Seems like if it's not Dook the tix holders don't come

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Because the season ticket holders are just a bunch

Jan 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

of "wanna-be-seens" and they don't wanna be seen most of the other times.

Re: WOW....

Jan 29, 2020, 9:25 AM

My main point was that regardless of the sport, I have always been of the mind that if you have the opportunity - we should be there. We may have ups, downs, and b*itches about coaches and teams, but the bottom line is that empty seats send the wrong message. ALL IN means being ALL IN for all Clemson sports.

I will be looking forward to seeing you at Doug Kingsmore when we play our typical + 3 hour games in 45 degree temperatures with 20 knot winds coming off of the lake.

:)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish it was completely empty. #### IPTAY and how they

Jan 29, 2020, 10:14 AM

handled ticket allocation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 517
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic