Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any thoughts on why past Clemson b ball coaches reached
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Any thoughts on why past Clemson b ball coaches reached

Mar 10, 2018, 1:05 PM

their ceiling after tournament appearances? It happened to Bill Foster and Cliff Ellis.They had good tournament runs but then were unable to sustain success. Doesn't mean it will happen to BB but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what may have caused our coaches and the program to top out at a certain points and slide back some again.

And don't take any of that as a negative. It's just an observation on my part and this has been an unbelievable season! Hated to lose last night but the Tigers can play with anyone and when's the last time we could say that?! It just seems to me that Clemson should (particularly if they have a really good tournament run) be able to recruit at a little higher level.You would think there's a guy(somebody!? lol) out there who would rather play for Clemson rather than ride the bench at Duke or Chapel Hill,especially if Clemson keeps playing at this level.Can't wait for the tournament ! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any thoughts on why past Clemson b ball coaches reached

Mar 10, 2018, 1:12 PM

Hard to recruit B.B. players to CU. The top rated talent comes from mostly metropolitan areas. Long term success in any sport is extremely difficult

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Any sport??? Ask Dabo.***

Mar 10, 2018, 1:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you looked at the top 25-30 teams and where they are located?

Mar 10, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Any thoughts on why past Clemson b ball coaches reached ]

Hint: many of them are not located in major metropolitan areas. In fact, many are middle of nowhere locations - far more rural than Clemson.

By your logic, you would think that cities like New York, Chicago, LA, Dallas, and Atlanta would have basketball powers. If you haven’t looked lately, those cities don’t currently have any strong basketball programs and haven’t in recent memory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think we will get to Sweet 16

Mar 10, 2018, 5:37 PM

I mean we stayed within of the best team in the U.S. of A. That being said, first game will be Victory, second game will be a thriller but we win !

After the second glorious victory the Lads confidence will really be up ! Then the 16 ... ya never know !

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellis was a strong recruiter if

Mar 11, 2018, 12:02 AM

Freshmen would play
We got tired of his up and down.
He wasn't the best coach.

OP had his system and capped out.

I think BB will be different because of his success with transfers. Our tradition makes it hard to recruit coming out of AAU/HS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic