Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t say we didn’t tell you so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,045

Don’t say we didn’t tell you so

Oct 8, 2020, 12:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just don’t #### with my SS & 401k***

Oct 8, 2020, 1:06 PM

lulz..you may want to invest in a shovel and mason jars***

Oct 8, 2020, 3:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as you guys claim Trump was just a natural

Oct 8, 2020, 1:07 PM

reaction to 8 years of Obama...what we're seeing now is a reaction to Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as you guys claim Trump was just a natural

Oct 8, 2020, 1:11 PM

And the pendulum will swing back just as hard...

Oct 8, 2020, 3:16 PM

probably until the people on the ends accept that the people in the middle really don't want extreme.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it will be rationalized or even denied that it was even...

Oct 8, 2020, 1:19 PM

an issue in a couple of years. That's the way it works as we push toward the left.

If you are looking for concrete convictions, you've come to the wrong place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try. Good thing progressives having

Oct 8, 2020, 1:31 PM

agendas don't make it law.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice try. Good things progressives having

Oct 8, 2020, 1:34 PM

I do enjoy this response to the Politico tweet...

Oct 8, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Nice try. Good thing progressives having ]

37 Acorns
@golfgate
·
5h
Replying to
@politico
Maybe wait til after the election. Bad move

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t say we didn’t tell you so

Oct 8, 2020, 1:31 PM

Known as the Working Families Party’s “People’s Charter,” the 1,000-word proposal calls for universal free health care, a jobs program employing 16 million people, retroactive hazard pay for essential employees and the reallocation of resources from policing toward education and other services. It also promotes giving the public an ownership stake in firms that receive bailouts, as well as buying out gas and oil companies, among other policies.

I'm on board with all that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Can everyone get a pony too?!***

Oct 8, 2020, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha good one!

Oct 8, 2020, 1:38 PM

But seriously, who isn't tired of seeing companies bailed out because they're "too big to fail"? If they're too big to fail, then part of the bailout should be repossession by the taxpayers in the form of a stock purchase.

Without having teeth on the bailout plans, we only incentivize more bad behavior by big business, because it's always good for the D&Os and there's never a downside for them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I'm tired of it. I agree, any bailout plans do need teeth

Oct 8, 2020, 1:44 PM

Or they shouldn't be done at all. The rest of that paragraph though......LOL. Money printer go brrrrrrrrr

Ponies for everyone!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm tired of it. I agree, any bailout plans do need teeth

Oct 8, 2020, 2:02 PM

Definitely agree that cost has to play a role, and I would want to see the costs.

Trump is currently running a trillion dollar deficit every year, so that's apparently the benchmark for good fiscal leadership hahaha kidding.

- Jonathan Swift

I wouldn't blame our kids and grandkids if they sent us to

Oct 8, 2020, 2:32 PM

death camps one day over the deficit. I mean, I would want to be an exception, but I'd understand why they were mad.

why stop at companies

Oct 8, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm tired of it. I agree, any bailout plans do need teeth ]

That were bailed out? Just let the public take partial ownership if all private companies right? Lets start with law firms.

Remember when the banks were bailed out and paid back their loans with interest. That would be sweet. The public could own part of the bank by only floating a loan!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why stop at companies

Oct 8, 2020, 2:41 PM

Well that's silly. What are you, a commie?

- Jonathan Swift

Re: I'm tired of it. I agree, any bailout plans do need teeth

Oct 8, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to I'm tired of it. I agree, any bailout plans do need teeth ]

Free pot too.

finally getting this country into the 20th century

Oct 8, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t say we didn’t tell you so ]

I know it's the 21st century, but we will settle for 20th.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

"buying out gas and oil companies"

Oct 8, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t say we didn’t tell you so ]

for what purpose?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eliminates a lot of republican donor money.***

Oct 8, 2020, 3:23 PM

Venezuela***

Oct 8, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to "buying out gas and oil companies" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Throw in term limits for HoR/Senate and I'll listen.***

Oct 8, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t say we didn’t tell you so ]

I don't think you get how progressive Americans really are.

Oct 8, 2020, 2:59 PM

Not needing the majority of votes to win the Presidency or control the Senate will do that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think you get how progressive Americans really are.

Oct 8, 2020, 9:07 PM

That would only be your circle of friends. I personally don't know anyone that would vote for a senile old man or a left wing Marxist (or her father is or was) taught it @ Stanford.

I don't understand this point...

Oct 8, 2020, 9:54 PM [ in reply to I don't think you get how progressive Americans really are. ]

I don't disagree that there is an ever increasing number of "progressives" in America.

I don't understand the majority part.

Our Founders intended for our country not to be run exclusively by the majority. That is part about what makes this country different and great. When the time comes when all decisions are made based on popularity, we will be a different nation.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,045
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic