Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elijah Thomas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,379

Elijah Thomas

Dec 12, 2016, 12:29 PM

To anybody in the know, how good is he?

What should we expect or hope to see from him?

How well has he meshed with the team?

-TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elijah Thomas

Dec 12, 2016, 12:34 PM

He's AWESOME!!! Sorry, just had to get off 666 posts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 12:35 PM

I am wondering this myself, there really isn't any tape to go off of other than high school and AAU, which is a completely different level of competition.

Being such a high recruit, I am sure he knows how to score which is what we need from him. However, I am sure there will be some freshman mistakes so I hope people don't start freaking out if he starts poorly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 2:13 PM

Sophomore mistakes?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He has 3.5 years of eligibility doesn't he?

Dec 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

At least that's how I interpreted what I read.

Kind of a Karl Malone/Milton Jennings hybrid****

Dec 12, 2016, 12:48 PM

Re: Kind of a Karl Malone/Milton Jennings hybrid****

Dec 12, 2016, 1:00 PM

lol that's two very polarizing players. Arguably the greatest power forward and the worst haha. Hopefully this is a joke

Dec 12, 2016, 1:02 PM

really "the worst" smh.

Was he a 5 star talent.. No but to call him the worst is a fing joke. Milton represented Clemson the right way while here.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 12, 2016, 1:13 PM

Milton wasn't the worst ever, but my oh my he would make some plays that left you shaking your head.... never seen anyone turn the ball over so many different ways, its why he gets the bad rap he does.

He would score 18 in a game but have like 10 turnovers, and miss a three at a really big moment which further spurred the hate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Kind of a Karl Malone/Milton Jennings hybrid**** ]

I agree, he's not the worst. But he didn't represent Clemson. Stormed off the bench, suspended mid-season for drug use, etc.

Elijah is a guy that will provide imeediste depth at the 5 and mainly take Legend's minutes. Good post moves. He'll find ways to score inside.

Yeah it tells you nothing.

Dec 12, 2016, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Kind of a Karl Malone/Milton Jennings hybrid**** ]

Somewhere between those two players. Ha

Elijah Thomas was a Top-100 guy out of high school

Dec 12, 2016, 1:41 PM

Clemson does not sign very many of those. On paper, he certainly looks like the best big man we've signed in quite a while.

This season, he should at the very least, make Sidy Djitte's foul situation less crucial and allow him to be more aggressive.

Next year, he's basically going to have to be "The Man" in the front court while hopefully Legend Robertin makes as much progress as Sidy has made since he came to campus.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

He will be a good post type player to bring off the bench. So if anything he can help in offense with his skill set and rebounding. Defense is where he needs work. But don't expect him to play that much to hurt us there too much. Helps with fouls inside and a big lineup if we need to playing him at PF next to Sidy or Legend. Oh, I still think Legend will get a few minute at defensive support. Played decent in last two games with 8 blocks combined and 6 rebounds in the Mercer game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,379
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic