Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Either this USC fan is drunk or Clemson fans don't know FB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,111

Either this USC fan is drunk or Clemson fans don't know FB

Nov 3, 2014, 12:06 PM

"I think we will beat Clemson, Most of the Clemson fans I interact with think we will win because they don't think their offense can keep up with ours even against our defense and with Watson back." Are you kidding me?! Does this guy even watch football?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he knows we dont play Southern Cal right?***

Nov 3, 2014, 12:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I would be careful engaging USuCk fans at this point.

Nov 3, 2014, 12:11 PM

Just my opinion, but we have had some serious fire-power on offense in the past and still managed to lose the game against them. Now, we are playing with a patchwork O.

I don't know who this idiot is including in "most" Clemson fans, but I certainly am not one of them. I am hopefully optimistic, but I am holding my cards to my chest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be careful engaging USuCk fans at this point.

Nov 3, 2014, 12:35 PM

Right, we have had some serious fire power on offense, but so have they on defense. If anything, the roles are reversed heading into this one. Their fans are watching us without Watson. We will run the same offense that Kentucky, Tennessee, and Auburn just ran up 40 + points using. We need to take care of the ball, win the field position battle, use Watson's running ability, and play tight coverage on defense and we will be fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Either this USC fan is drunk or Clemson fans don't know FB

Nov 3, 2014, 12:14 PM

If it happens, I see his logic, but chances are slim we'll wind up in a bowl together.
Have we ever?

Anyway, if such a bowl matchup did hypothetically happen, I still like our chances. Boston College took care of business with USC, and we did okay with BC w/out Watson. I think we'd have a good shot at beating the Trojans.

You can't fix stoopid...and really no point in trying...I

Nov 3, 2014, 12:15 PM

imagine the Clemson fans that dirtpecker talks to are the "Coot Trolls" that pose as Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UISuC's Offense is a Myth perpetuated against

Nov 3, 2014, 12:16 PM

the crap that SEC defenses have become.Funny, they have success when no SEC team has a defense(on their schedule)

I'm telling you right now....

Nov 3, 2014, 12:16 PM

If Watson is back, barring a bunch of unforced errors/turnovers like last year, $CU will not beat Clemson this year. They will not have the same success moving the ball against a very good Clemson defense that they've had moving the ball against some pretty marginal $EC defenses.

Clemson ranks No. 2 in the nation in total defense

The next highest ranked defense $CU has faced is Georgia at No. 21 followed by;

ECU at 24

Missouri at 26

Kentucky at 50

Tennessee at 53

Auburn at 54

Vanderbilt at 72

Texas A&M at 76

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm telling you right now....

Nov 3, 2014, 12:25 PM

against what ranked offenses are our wins? our best win is against lville who was without parker, dyer, and gardner for most of the game. did you see bc's offense? the nc teams were not much better. I don't think the coots will score 35-40 points against us, but we will have to score more than 20 because they will score at least 18 or maybe more.

Have you see their pitiful defense play?

Nov 3, 2014, 12:37 PM

The same defense that allow Tennessee to put-up 645 yards of total offense on them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm telling you right now.... ]

I noticed you conveniently left out who was out on the Clemson team against Louisville, BC etc.

Weird

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't serve Lead Coots Agenda to mention

Nov 3, 2014, 3:51 PM

the Clemson players hurt.

Why do you keep saying "our"?***

Nov 3, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm telling you right now.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I'm telling you right now.... ]

Georgia's D sucks. Gators proved that. 21st is way higher than reality.

The Florida game is going to be a good measuring stick

Nov 3, 2014, 1:04 PM

They are similar to us with their defensive/offensive strength. If Florida blows them out then look out; there will be no reason for us not to do the same.

If the same Florida team shows-up....

Nov 3, 2014, 1:11 PM

that gave Geoegia a woodshed beating, $CU will get rolled.

$CU typically doesn't play as well on the road as they do at home.

Florida's Defense will show us if their "best ever" ####

Nov 3, 2014, 1:14 PM

offense is really good, or just padded stats against the weaker than normal SEC defenses on their schedule.

Agreed. If Florida shuts them down they can expect more

Nov 3, 2014, 1:42 PM

of the same when they visit Death Valley.

Just pressure him all night....

Nov 3, 2014, 1:53 PM

Don't let him stand around in the friggin' pocket all night unmolested just waiting for his receivers to get open.

I dont think BV will let that happen again

Nov 3, 2014, 2:12 PM

We have the corners now to send some serious pressure without being exposed on the back end.

And dont fall for that dumb speed option ####

Nov 3, 2014, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Just pressure him all night.... ]

No idea why all these schools have been respecting Thompson in the option. Even if he keeps it he wont get the first down.

here are some more...

Nov 3, 2014, 2:54 PM

that are in response to Kelcy Quarles' post on facebook complaining about his gamecocks play Sat night

Clemson does not have any of the playmakers, leaving out DeShawn Watson, we've seen with A & M, Missouri, Kentucky, Auburn or Tennessee. They have certainly not faced an offense, with the exception of FSU, that we will bring to town. Be very careful with that mouth!

and these one takes the cake...from another poster

You and Vic are partly resonsible for this..Ya'll would have made a difference..
we are 4 and 5 without players that could have played on...Something has got to be done about this in football...Money is the cause of our problems....I know that.

I hope ya'll don't think we're going to Death Valley and play like we are now and come out winners do you, if you do you're all idiots...We have to get better somehow....We have the Coach to turn it around and his name is STEVE SPURRIER..

A real GameCock is a Connor Shaw and anybody else that played out their time for the University and the fans.....Money comes and goes, friendship hangs around for years....This whole stinking world revolves around money and what we can do for our family....It ought to be what we can do for others...That's what the Bible says anyway..I wonder how many athletes send money back to the University...I wonder....Spurrier said himself only one donor has given the University one million dollars..Only one...

I've said what I had to say, it's awful the way my Coach is going thru all this and what a great man he is...I saw that at Auburn last week...He's a genious and folks call him pass happy..I thank God he is at South Carolina and Dabo is at Clemson...Really...Good night...hope I get some sleep tonight...

and another one...

Not putting the blame just saying don't diss them when you left early a fan is a fan no matter what you should stick in even if it's not that great now

another one..

Yeah maybe not but this comment is uncalled for thought you was a gamecock but now I see it was just about you sometimes you win sometimes you lose but you suck it up either way #truefan don't diss on your boys when you left early looking out for yourself cause you look at it didn't pay off for you what done been with three teams in your first year! Remember you didn't make the gamecock they made you! Sorry rant over but don't disrespect Tue one that made you stick thru thick and thin win or lose!

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,111
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic