Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Edwardsville High School logo too similar to ours?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Edwardsville High School logo too similar to ours?

Jul 27, 2015, 11:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in this pic!

Jul 27, 2015, 11:14 PM

Re: in this pic!

Jul 27, 2015, 11:19 PM

So , does this add them to our enemies list ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Do you have about a 5 footer plastered on your tug, or is

Jul 27, 2015, 11:26 PM

that a violation?

Re: Do you have about a 5 footer plastered on your tug, or is

Jul 27, 2015, 11:27 PM

Lol , wouldn't fit our color scheme , Spud .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Do you have about a 5 footer plastered on your tug, or is

Jul 27, 2015, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Do you have about a 5 footer plastered on your tug, or is ]

Lol , wouldn't fit our color scheme , Spud .

DB23

Yeah,well it didn't match the color scheme of the eight NC

Jul 27, 2015, 11:46 PM

State Wolfpackers, that I, well, had a little fun with several years ago. Placed Tiger Paws on their backs while they sat in front of me........in Raleigh.....not kidding....

LOL! Tigerdug, I woke up this morning at 5:30 and my first

Jul 28, 2015, 5:50 AM

thought was that you could put a ," Da da daaaahhh da, Da da daaaahhh da" fog horn on your tug. I'm gonna tell my daughter to be listening for it....Hope that helps.

Spud

Re: LOL! Tigerdug, I woke up this morning at 5:30 and my first

Jul 28, 2015, 6:24 AM

I could , but folks would look at us funny . Then again , in NY Harbor it is more likely that nobody even bats an eye .
Last night i walked to a grocery store from our do k in the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn . I saw this .
14 Hasidic Jewish men , in traditional clothing except for the black shorts ...playing "beach " volleyball in the park I was cutting through .
That , as they say ...was a first .

DB23

Re: Good Recruiting...

Jul 27, 2015, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: in this pic! ]

It's all over the country. I've seen several here in Texas. Kids love the Tiger Paw. One of the best logos ever! From primary school to high school... There was a count on TigerNet a few years back, of the most popular logos... Our's, one of THE most copied logos.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but none of those are EXACTLY like ours

Jul 27, 2015, 11:38 PM

like this one appears to be.

In the 2nd pic there is even the 1 o'clock turn.

I wonder if the licensing people are aware of this one. Edwardsville might be getting a call

Re: but none of those are EXACTLY like ours

Jul 28, 2015, 1:23 AM

Saying that if we didn't get all of their best players, that we would sue their A$$ off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like good publicity to me ;)

Jul 27, 2015, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Recruiting... ]

Unless they're our enemy...

Ever heard "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"?***

Jul 29, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to in this pic! ]

I drove through Lawrenceburg, IN a couple of weeks ago and

Jul 27, 2015, 11:51 PM

saw a billboard advertising their high school home schedule this fall. The tiger paw they were using looks very much like Clemson's, right down to the niche in the lower right quadrant. I was proud, but a little miffed at the same time.

Clemson licensing

Jul 28, 2015, 12:05 AM

Is supposed to be very protective of the logo. We do not allow others to use it.

The niche at the bottom and the 1 o'clock turn being the most distinctive features

Seneca High School has used it for many years

Jul 28, 2015, 8:15 AM

and it's 7 miles away from campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope thats not the same

Jul 29, 2015, 6:58 PM

it does not have the 1 o'clock turn nor the indention in the paw

To those who are uncomfortable seeing The Paw used by others

Jul 28, 2015, 3:04 AM

A couple of years ago in front of a Cleveland, Tennessee Walmart I met about a half dozen 10-12 year old boys selling candy as a fund raiser. They spotted my Paw Cap about the same time I spotted theirs.

They all came toward me from the other side of the entrance, each asking a different question. I tried to answer them in order, giving my name, offering a donation without taking a candy bar and ended telling them about being a Clemson fan and graduate of Clemson University.

The most common response from the little fellows was 'AWESOME.' I instantly grew to 10 feet tall. It turned out the boys had taken their logo from a local high school where their baseball coach's older son played baseball. One of the questions they asked was if I was a fan of that high school which lead me to my story of wearing a Paw.

Do you guys not like being heroes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Clemson Athletic Dept used to claim they'd never

Jul 28, 2015, 7:00 AM

denied any HS or kid's youth group the privilege of using "The Paw" as its own logo---essentially saying that any level of football BELOW the college level had access to Clemson's iconic, trademarked image

Don't know if thats still the case or not....but I suspect it is

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU actually demanded a Florida HS team stop using...

Jul 28, 2015, 8:50 AM

their logo. I guess they didn't want their good name tarnished by high school thugs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe that's true

Jul 29, 2015, 6:59 PM [ in reply to The Clemson Athletic Dept used to claim they'd never ]

I have been told my people in clemson's licensing department that Clemson is super protective of the logo

its not***

Jul 30, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to The Clemson Athletic Dept used to claim they'd never ]

Re: Edwardsville High School logo too similar to ours?

Jul 28, 2015, 6:01 AM

Pretty sure Clemson has never enforced licensing limitations against a high school using our logo. The only thing Clemson doesn't want is them selling stuff with the paw on it that isn't officially licensed products.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry--didn't read your post till after I posted above...but

Jul 28, 2015, 7:06 AM

I agree. I don't think Clemson would ever want bad pubicity from snubbing a kid's sports org.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Checkout Parkview High School in Georgia

Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 AM

I think they even bought some of our excess equipment for their JV team.

what, I don't see the resemblance....

Jul 28, 2015, 8:32 AM

Jul 28, 2015, 8:48 AM

Sounds like a good problem to have. Approach every high school to insure a small licensing fee is collected annually. A knowledgeable grad student could be assigned the job. Also sounds like our staffs in the major sports should play up the connection in recruiting.

Go Tigers!

We get a small piece of the revenue from gear sales.

Jul 28, 2015, 8:53 AM

You'd expect a classy university like Clemson to strangle a HS team by asked for money? Take candy from babies?

My intent would be to help their program out a little by giving their coaches a discount on clinics and such.

they can make their own logo

Jul 29, 2015, 7:00 PM

all the need do is turn the paw a bit so it's not the exact same

They'd still have to buy the Paw.

Jul 29, 2015, 8:02 PM

I buy them and put them on stuff a lot. I don't feel the least bit guilty. If the University didn't want that to happen they wouldn't license them for production.

they cannot use the exact same image***

Jul 29, 2015, 8:12 PM

Jul 29, 2015, 7:03 PM

If you look closely their paw does not have the scar

ok good.

Jul 29, 2015, 7:08 PM

because that's what makes ours distinctive,

Nobody is allowed to copy ours directly.
We are hardly the only school that does this. A few years ago Wisconsin was threatening to suit Wingate for using the same W logo, even with it being a different color.

I would hope we don't have a problem with high schools

Jul 29, 2015, 7:50 PM

using our logo. It may actually help with recruiting an athlete from one of those schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see how Clemson fans can be ok with this in anyway

Jul 29, 2015, 8:09 PM

Our paw is one of the most distinctive logos in the whole nation. It is special and has it's own unique spin on a tiger paw. How are you going to be ok with any high school blatantly taking it? It is the CLEMSON paw it is not just generic U tiger paw. So many schools already use generic paw prints, it's nice that we have a unique one,

The Clemson licensing department has worked very hard to make our logo one of the best and most distinctive in the nation. That gets hurt every time someone else uses it for purposes that aren't Clemson. It's the same with artistic renderings that are not the exact same logo. I don't know if any of you have had experience with athletic licensing but it a very lucrative business. People who work on it are very particular with every facet. That includes thing like "clear zones" on a logo, the 1 o'clock turn, the exact coloring, the scar and more.

Every single official paw you see around has been approved by Clemson University licensing. It has to go through them first. If you see it on a pen in a bank? It's been approved. A cake at Public? It's been approved. If it is the OFFICIAL LOGO. You cannot take it and use it at your will as it is a copyrighted image.

there is like 5000 high schools that use our logo***

Jul 30, 2015, 5:36 PM

there's not a single one

Jul 30, 2015, 5:49 PM

just a paw in general is not out logo

only one of these is our logo

Jul 30, 2015, 5:57 PM [ in reply to there is like 5000 high schools that use our logo*** ]

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic