Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Edgars, the on-campus bar/lounge.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Edgars, the on-campus bar/lounge.

Jun 18, 2020, 8:20 PM

OK, I posted this on the "Lounge" board initially, and it is a bunch of miscreants over there. The first answer to my post was some bag-associated-with-feminine-hygiene asking for a photo of my trouser friend. WT_(6th letter in the alphabet):

I was at Clemson the entire calendar years of '82-'84. I used to go to Edgars on occasion. During one summer session, a group of students would show up there about 5pm to watch re-runs of the original Star Trek TV series. During the intro to Star Trek, when the USS Enterprise would come out of deep space and zip by the "camera," everybody would make gear shifting noises and make the Doppler shift sound effect as it zipped by. It was hilarious. Right after the intro, over half the people would leave and go to Harcombe Dining Hall. I saw the Charleston group "The Killer Whales" there twice. They actually carried pretty good beer...not just the yellow usual suspects.

Does anyone have any photos of Edgars?

I just noticed that I got censored twice above. I have tried a more indirect approach this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: Edgars, the on-campus bar/lounge.

Jun 18, 2020, 8:40 PM

found this: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.106272062766640.9636.105853382808508&type=1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. Better than nuthin', which is what I had before!

Jun 18, 2020, 8:50 PM

When I saw that British flag, I think that I chanced to be there that night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I played on that stage

Jun 18, 2020, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Edgars, the on-campus bar/lounge. ]

1988 or 1989. Not a bad venue.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me know if you change your mind

Jun 18, 2020, 8:59 PM

about the trouser friend.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:30 PM

I've talked about this before, but my favorite band at Edgar's was #### Child's Guitar Army. Awesome band!!!
I had a lot of good times there my Freshman year in 1980-81.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 18, 2020, 11:15 PM

Thumbs Up for Killer Whales reference

I have an autographed Killer Whales EP in excellent shape.

Jun 19, 2020, 12:15 PM

I plan to have it digitized along with a few other out-of-print albums. One place digitizes to mp3, but I would prefer FLAC if I can get it...or at least the lowest compression mp3 that I can get.

No pics, but I remember

Jun 18, 2020, 11:52 PM

Edgar's had good popcorn and the air guitar nights and such. Didn't go there often, but had a great time when I did go. They showed a replay of the Orange Bowl in the winger of 82 and it was a lot of fun. This was before VCRs, or at least before anyone in my family had a VCR. And no replays every other week on tv like they do now. Needless to say, it was packed in there and many of the people there were the football players. The good old days.

I also remember there was a student union bowling alley. Not sure why, but I only went once. When I went, it was a blast.

I miss Edgars

Jun 19, 2020, 8:07 AM

My daughter is a junior and I told her there is nothing like it now. Clemson was a much simpler place when I was there in the early 90's. Had physics with a group of engineering students and we would be there when Edgar's opened twice a week for a couple of hours, it was great and the popcorn was wonderful. Now I'll be nostalgic all day.

GO TIGERS!!!

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

OH good, i thought this was a post about the name Edgars

Jun 19, 2020, 8:30 AM

being a known racist in northern Scotland or something and that we have to remove it or we'll all perish in a bowl of acid rain b/c oh the thought of that crazy Edgar name being printed on a plastic sign somewhere haunting that one tortured soul in the P&A Building working on his biology project.

Jun 19, 2020, 8:55 AM

Remember Edgars well ('84-'88). They were still doing the Star Trek thing when I was a freshman. The Killer Whales were still playing shows there in '85 and '86. Unfortunately I don't have an pictures of Edgars - it wasn't very often that people walked around with a camera back then (cell phones and digital pictures have really changed things in that regard).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to have photo of sign on outside and bar...

Jun 19, 2020, 12:01 PM

...however, due to, as you said, no cell phones back then (and not many film cameras), these photos that I would love to have may be rare, or even non-existent. :(

Jun 19, 2020, 9:33 AM

I didn't own a camera in those days (83-87) but I loved Edgars. Not the best bar, by any standards, but the closest to Johnstone. Drinking age for beer was 18 then, so it was relatively popular. I remember going to College Station Pub for free movies in the afternoons and free popcorn. That was the saltiest stuff known to man. Pitchers of Long Island Iced Tea = $5. Ah, I wish I could remember those days...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

College Station $5 Long Island Iced Tea pitcher night was...

Jun 19, 2020, 12:05 PM

...scary, unpredictable, dangerous! It's a miracle that nobody died of alcohol poisoning, that I know off. :)

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic