Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who you got in the 2019 Coastal Division Wheel of Destiny?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Who you got in the 2019 Coastal Division Wheel of Destiny?

Jan 22, 2019, 1:40 PM

Do the Va Tech Hokies gobble?

Does Manny Diaz teach South Beach girls how to recruit?

Does Georgia Tech go crazy with an actual college offense?

Does Pitt learn the Narduzzi?

Does the old become new in Chapel Hole with Mac "find me my blue walker" Brown?

Does Coach Cutt pull a rabbit out of his hat and actually make a winner out of Dook?

Does Virginny springboard their blanking of the Coots into wins over real football teams?

I personally would say, that, other than the TechNerds, this could probably be anybody's division. You could flip a coin, or if in Columbia, toss a dumpster. What say you all?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who you got in the 2019 Coastal Division Wheel of Destiny?

Jan 22, 2019, 1:44 PM

Talk about a shot in the dark. I'll say Virginia. No matter who it is their mantra to quote Larry Bird is "Who's coming in 2nd??"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will go with Miami simlpy because

Jan 22, 2019, 1:45 PM

there is no reason for that team not to have talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

Virginia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

Could be. But, remember, U of Suck is not really an SEC team, they just play one on TV. So, the 'Hoo's bowl win is not all it was cracked up to be!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 2:08 PM

I'm just thinking they had a pretty good season and Miami/GT are breaking in a new coach. VTech and Duke are high on my list. Just think it's Virginia's time to lose to Clemson in the ACCCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bronco Mendenhall is a good coach. At Virginia, as he was at

Jan 22, 2019, 2:11 PM

BYU, he will always be at a recruiting disadvantage. But, he always seemed to make more with less at BYU, would not surprise me to see him do it at Virginia.

Re: Bronco Mendenhall is a good coach. At Virginia, as he was at

Jan 22, 2019, 2:24 PM

I started liking him even more after the belk bowl. :)

I will go with UVA .. they are the only Coastal team

Jan 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

that hasn't played in the Championship game ... its their turn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, they might transfer out?

Jan 22, 2019, 2:12 PM

:)

Jan 22, 2019, 2:40 PM

The easy answer would be Miami simply because they're by far the most talented. But like FSU they seem to struggle to have that talent work hard and win, I like VT here returning their QB after an injury, a good DC that has some good pieces this year and I genuinely like their head coach as I think he's a pretty good character guy.

Miami has just puzzled the hail out of me ever since they

Jan 22, 2019, 4:29 PM

joined the ACC. How can your program be that great for literally decades, and then suddenly just disappear? I would never have thought they would stay down as long as they have.

Jan 22, 2019, 3:07 PM

I would say Virginia... but then I remember it is Virginia. Don't bet on Virginia.

I would say Virginia Tech... but teams are playing PRO and you don't bet on Bud covering the RPO

I would say Duke... but they are breaking in a new QB against Bammy, ND, and 'Cuse. Tough schedule. Maybe they can pull a Pitt and win against the Coastal and loose everything else.

I would say Georgia Tech... but post CJP teams always tank.

I would say Nawth.... HAHAHA, can't do it. They have no hope.

I would say dey bak, but it is Miami so I doubt it.

I would say Pitt, but we have beaten the entire season out of a team after the ACC CG. Coast Champs have a hard time staying above .500 a year or two after facing Clemson in Charlotte.

2011: VT's next season was 7-6 (Beamers last successful team, retires 2015)
2015: Cheat: 8-5 then 3-9 (Coach Fired 2018)
2016: VT again was 8-5 then 6-7 (Hot seat?)
2017: daU went 7-6 (Coach Resigns 2018)
2018: Pitt's next season? (Coach ????)

Ed Zachary! I'll bet even Vegas has a tough time picking the

Jan 22, 2019, 4:31 PM

wiener of that division!

Jan 22, 2019, 4:22 PM

UVA, that would make five different teams we beat for five straight acc titles. All that would be left is Duke and GT.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:43 AM

which would ironically be the two previous coastal winners...

Jan 22, 2019, 7:36 PM

Looks like UVA has 14 starters coming back - and Duke has about 16 starters coming back but not stud QB. I'll go UVA or Duke with lean to UVA and Bronco who is building accountability.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:08 AM

I'd say it will come down to the UVA-VaTech winner, with the Hoos breaking the streak and claiming the commonwealth crown (Liberty and Old Dominion notwithstanding).

Bronco saidpreseason last year they had depth issues with only25-28 ACC-caliber players. They were breaking in a new QB. Their talented secondary took some injuries. Then the offense gelled and hurt players recovered, and my distant second favorite ACC school made the Fighting Chickens look like peeps in the bowl game Deebo didn't want to play in.

The Wahoos are still thin, but if they dodge serious injury this could be their best season of this century. I figure 9-3, 10-2 before facing us.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:48 AM

Hurricanes in a bad division. Manny has enough weapons on offense to beat any one in the coastal.
Of course any of them would be a sacrificial lamb in the ACC title game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 11:22 PM

I'm thinking Canes lost most of their top weapons from 2018, and the offense underperformed so badly that their backups had very little production.

Returning QB with a first year but better QB coach will help. Perry was wildly inconsistent. Richt was no help.

If Diaz can provide stability--major question to me--I'll expect them to challenge in 2020. He'd be a Hurricane maker if he does it in 2019.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic