Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ealy DeCommitted and almost ALL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Ealy DeCommitted and almost ALL

Jan 8, 2019, 8:20 PM

247ers flipped their CB's

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jerrion-Ealy-at-Jackson-Prep-175236/CurrentExpertPredictions/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be a great get! Though Lynn J is up next.

Jan 8, 2019, 8:32 PM

With Choice graduating there will be room! Come on Ealy!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ealy DeCommitted and almost ALL

Jan 8, 2019, 8:40 PM

Baseball or Clemson. Gotta wonder why he would worry about decommitting if he wasn't seriously considering college though.

He'd be a huge get though. He was the best player on the field in the UA AA game.

Message was edited by: tigerfan22334®

He Tweeted he was signing LOI on 2/6

Jan 8, 2019, 9:19 PM

Maybe Parents want college and he plays both at Clemson.

Re: He Tweeted he was signing LOI on 2/6

Jan 8, 2019, 10:05 PM

That’d be nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to He Tweeted he was signing LOI on 2/6 ]

Signing LOI doesn't really mean anything. He'd just back out after the draft and never report for camp.

TRUE, but it's been reported all along,

Jan 8, 2019, 10:34 PM

by Strelow, I think, that if he was gonna go MLB,he'd stay committed to Ole MI$$.So at least,for now, he's leaning towards College.

He'd be Clemson's 2nd RB in this class, most likely their 30th/31st recruit,so they can afford to take the risk. They generally know what they're doing.

Re: TRUE, but it's been reported all along,

Jan 8, 2019, 11:40 PM

Which is what I said. There's no reason for him to decommit if he wasn't seriously considering college.

Also you can't take more than 30 players in a single class anymore. We have 3 more takes in this class total but Ealy is really the only major name we're still linked to. I'd guess 1 or 2 takes come to light late and the coaching staff holds the final spot in the class for Ealy regardless.

THE NCAA Caps it at 25 "new offers"

Jan 9, 2019, 12:05 AM

but allows you to back count based on last year's class. The SEC and BIG12 or 10 put a ceiling on 28 total, the ACC has no such cap as far as I know. Clemson should have 25 plus the 8 that they were short last year to stay within the NCAA Rules.
Still like with the other conferences hard and fast rules, there's a way around it. Clemson will bring in what it has room for in Feb. Then after some leave, they always do,walkons will be given scholarships in August if we're under the 85 total limit.

Re: THE NCAA Caps it at 25 "new offers"

Jan 9, 2019, 11:10 AM

The new rules only let you back count 5 guys. 30 is a hard cap. You cannot take more than 30 scholarship players in a single class anymore. That's an NCAA rule

Jan 8, 2019, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: He Tweeted he was signing LOI on 2/6 ]

Either during the UA game or right after one of the reporters were saying that the rumor Ealy was expected to decommit from OMiss and would likely commit to Clemson to play baseball and football. Their feeling is he isn't sure he likes baseball better than football so he wanted to keep his options open!

I think this bodes extremely well for Clemson. UA game MVP and the scouts said he was the best player all week. Fingers crossed!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic