Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps

Mar 26, 2019, 8:01 AM

Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps

Clemson’s 2018-19 season came to a close at home in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on Sunday. The 63-55 loss to NIT 6-seed Wichita State Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps

Mar 26, 2019, 8:17 AM

Maybe Dabo can coach basketball in his spare time. Time for a change.

Mar 26, 2019, 8:26 AM

Two 20 win seasons in a row. I say his goal should be make it 3 next year. Consistency sells recruits. We need to consistently be in the post season. Whatever it takes. Clemson needs to land that big name recruit. Dabo did that with CJ Spiller. He changed the program by taking a chance on Clemson. We haven't had that in basketball period. We are in the backyard of Duke and UNC. We need one kid to take that chance on us.

Mar 26, 2019, 11:35 AM

You are right. I was hoping that player was going to be Cole Anthony but apparently he is going elsewhere. Theres one out there and I’m sure Coach Brownell is doing all he can do to attract that star player to Tigertown. Within the rules of course!

Mar 26, 2019, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps ]

Getting to either the NCAA or the NIT is useless if you can't beat teams that you are suppose to beat, and you should never be behind the entire game that you should win, but lose!!! Sorry guys, I feel I have over stayed my stand with Brad over these long hard miserable seasons singing that same sad song that Brownell will turn our BB program around. I was dead wrong, he won't and he can't by taking the exact same road year in and year out. I'm over standing on Brownell's side preaching that he is the right coach to turn our BB program around, I was wrong and Brownell is wrong for Clemson BB if winning is what we want for our program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 8:27 AM

Time to move on!!

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Mar 26, 2019, 8:42 AM

A decision to retain Brownell will speak volumes about the administrations priority level for men's basketball.

Well past time for a change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

To be fair, you could have been

Mar 26, 2019, 8:46 AM

Saying it for over 70 years, administration-wise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, you could have been

Mar 27, 2019, 8:56 PM

I seen what you done dare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he was going to be let go

Mar 26, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I've said it before and I will say it again.... ]

it would already have happened. Only chance of a change is if Brad designs or takes another job. After next year it will be quick

When exactly did you say it?

Mar 26, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to I've said it before and I will say it again.... ]

In all honesty, if we would have made the tourney this year then he would deserve next year.

Lots of flukey things happen to Brad's teams. You gotta admit he's been really close. But then again, there's a clear trend of losing close games (for a myriad of reasons), so it doesn't seem that will ever change.

Ultimately close is not enough. I too think its time. The program needs new energy and direction.

However, I think DRAD will give him one more year to show what he can do with his "facilities" recruits. In reality, I dont think it will be a sign DRAD doesn't care. He does.

Agreed. Hard for fans to get excited year after year for

Mar 26, 2019, 10:10 AM [ in reply to I've said it before and I will say it again.... ]

a program that has no intentions of being any more than a lower tier ACC team that makes the Tournament once every 8 years or so.

He should have been fired three years ago. Fans are starting to realize that if the administration doesn't care and won't allocate the necessary resources or hire a good overall coach, then why should they care? The ambivalence continues to grow. Every fan isn't a Clemson grad that has no choice. As it grows and people find other outlets for their time and attention, it gets harder and harder to bring them back. Waiting another year to upgrade the program when we all know the odds of an NCAA Tournament appearance is basically zero is poor management.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team?

Mar 26, 2019, 10:23 AM

I know it fits the narrative that Brad is a horrible coach, but we are not close to being a lower tier ACC team under him. Our average finish in the conference during his 9 years here is 7.4.

That is clearly a middle of the pack team in the ACC.

As you said yesterday, "Facts are the darndest things."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team?

Mar 26, 2019, 10:53 AM

LOL , read what you just typed. Our average finish over nine years is 7.4 in the conference. I hate to take a break it to you but that is the definition of mediocrity. That may be good enough for you, but it’s not good enough for a lot of us

Mar 26, 2019, 12:37 PM

Cdixon11 said:

LOL , read what you just typed. Our average finish over nine years is 7.4 in the conference. I hate to take a break it to you but that is the definition of mediocrity. That may be good enough for you, but it’s not good enough for a lot of us

7.4 is in the middle. That's terrible right? It is way better than our historical average and way better than we deserve based on our investment in the program. Yes we pay CBB a good salary and yes we repaired LJ after it had been condemned. As we learned from football, investment is more than the facility you play in and the HC's salary. It is about staff, their salaries and player facilities. It is about the slide, the PAW bistro, nap rooms, rehab equipment, technology and analytics...

It is one million and one little things we do for football but not for basketball.

We have issues working against the program which are the reason we have not been a great program in forever Unless we open the bank and get a big deal coach the program will not be what you desire and I see no indication the Admin is willing to open their wallet to that extent. Firing CBB and hiring some other assistant or mid major guy hoping for better results is absolutely not the answer.

LOL, did you read what you just typed?

Mar 26, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team? ]

I was contesting the poster above me who said that we are lower tier. We aren't. We are middle of the pack.

Why are you bringing up mediocrity?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 26, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team? ]

Middle of the pack is the same thing as finishing last. We need a change.

LOL okay. ***

Mar 26, 2019, 12:52 PM

really? "not close to lower tier"....

Mar 26, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team? ]

Here are the number of NCAAT appearances per team in the ACC since Brownell took over:

Duke - 9
Syracuse - 7
UVA - 7
UofL - 7
UNC - 6
ND - 6
NCST - 5
FSU - 5
Pitt - 4
VPI - 3
Clemson- 2
WF - 1
GT - 1
BC - 0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't change the fact that our average ACC finish

Mar 26, 2019, 12:53 PM

is 7.4 under Brad.

You can try to spin the argument any way you like, but we are a middle of the pack ACC team.

Re: really? "not close to lower tier"....

Mar 26, 2019, 5:19 PM [ in reply to really? "not close to lower tier".... ]

Man, what happened to GT and Wake - I remember growing up as a kid - those teams were always in the mix and competing for Sweet 16 or better (top tier).

well Bobby Cremins left, Mark Price and Stephon Marbury,

Mar 27, 2019, 12:29 AM

Kenny Anderson and Dennis Scott exhausted their eligibility. Dave Odom did what Cremins couldn't do. Chris Paul, Tim Duncan, and Randolph Childress are no longer there.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:12 PM [ in reply to How exactly are we a lower tier ACC team? ]

If middle of the pack in the ACC is the standard then we’re there. If 1 NCAA tournament appearance ( as close to a universal standard as there is) in 9 years with your players is the standard then we are below average at best. By this standard, we need a change now!

Re: Agreed. Hard for fans to get excited year after year for

Mar 26, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Agreed. Hard for fans to get excited year after year for ]

I would say the majority of our basketball fan base, who is not a Clemson grad, are football fans who pull for the basketball/baseball teams by default. Not all of them, but most. If you're a homer for one thing, why not all things?

My perspective is different, I graduated from Clemson, but living in GA has proven the homer trend mentioned above. I have a hard time understanding this at times, but whatev!

On the other hand, they're probably the first to jump ship when things go south, unless they identify as "a true fan."

Re: I've said it before and I will say it again....

Mar 26, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I've said it before and I will say it again.... ]

BigCUFan® said:

A decision to retain Brownell will speak volumes about the administrations priority level for men's basketball.

Well past time for a change.

Your comment speaks volumes your lack of understanding for the current state of CU basketball.

Re: I've said it before and I will say it again....

Mar 26, 2019, 1:32 PM

If DRAD is ever going to make a move to upgrade the basketball program, now is the time. Judging by past performance and the loss of 4 starters, next year will be a bubble NIT season at best. Keeping BB around will be writing off next year, might as well get a new coach in and start building something, too many seasons have been written off around here already.

A change would have already happened if

Mar 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

It was going to be this year (unless Brownell were to take another job or resign).
We’ll keep him for one more year. Which gives us time to really consider a good candidate and what it will take to get him here.

Next year will be a tough year for our men’s basketball program. So I’m actually for keeping Brownell for one more year.

I just don't see any justification for keeping him

Mar 26, 2019, 9:32 AM

Yes, we made the tournament 2 years ago but we took a huge step back this year arguably with a better team. When a coach is getting wildly inconsistent performances out of his teams, that says to me that he hasn't done a good job of instilling a winning culture in the program. DRad needs to ask himself if he's OK with Men's Basketball being mediocre. If he is, then by all means keep Brownell. If not, it's time to go in a different direction because we've had almost 10 years of evidence that mediocre is all we'll ever get out of Brownell.

Re: I just don't see any justification for keeping him

Mar 26, 2019, 9:46 AM

A huge step back?

We were -2 in conference and -4.5 overall, that is not a major step back. That is normal season-to-season flux.

This team wasn't better. We lack point producing ability beyond Reed.

The team could have outright quit after a 1-5 start but we muscled back and finished league play 8-4.

going from a 5 seed and a sweet 16 appearance

Mar 26, 2019, 10:11 AM

To missing the tournament entirely is a pretty big step back yes

Preseason Top 25 and 6th pick in the conference.

Mar 26, 2019, 10:18 AM

Somebody thought we should be good. Drad and Brownell thought this would be the year to show the fan base a positive trend.

As we move into year 10 of the Brownell Reign of Terror, keep in mind that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Mar 26, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to I just don't see any justification for keeping him ]

so without Grnatham and Devoe we should have been better? Are you even lucid to say that? I'm not a huge CBB fan after this year. But this team was NOT superior to last years team because they only had one dependable scorer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That assumes zero improvement by 4 fifth year seniors or

Mar 26, 2019, 1:30 PM

from sophomores Amir Simms and Clyde Trapp and the addition of junior Javan White. That is 7 Brownell players that should have developed and formed the nucleus of an NCAA Tournament team and built upon last season. Coach Brownell, D. Radakovich and a whole lot of people were counting on this being a better year and the year that would show continued improvement and generate enthusiasm among the fan base. We entered this season ranked in the Top 25 and picked to finish 6th in the ACC. Losing one perimeter shooter and defensive liability shouldn't have cause such a regression in performance, and nobody expected that it would. We sacrificed two years of transfers sitting out to build towards this year.

Each year Coach B and his supporters have suggested that we would be better by subtraction as we traded less talented players for the more talented recent recruits and transfers. Unfortunately, this year marked the beginning of a downward trend that will likely fall even farther next year and last a few more years.

EXACTLY THIS!!!!

Mar 26, 2019, 2:45 PM

A team full of seniors with ONLY 1 dependable scorer (who was extremely turnover prone I might add) IS A PROBLEM!!!!

Wake up people

Re: EXACTLY THIS!!!!

Mar 26, 2019, 3:05 PM

Why dont we have any scorers? Why did A. J. Oliver transfer in November? Did he see that he would get little playing time? that the seniors were going to get the playing time even though there is only one dependable scorer?

Brad favored Newman's ability to guard***

Mar 26, 2019, 7:45 PM

Mar 27, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I just don't see any justification for keeping him ]

I agree with this. If next year surprises us and our new freshman are stars, then great. Coach Brownell will have escaped firing again and deservedly so.

If it ends up being a miserable year in Year 10, then Coach Brownell will need to wear that record and own it. Then the decision should be easy for DRad and likely 95% of the fanbase (we all know who the 5% will be) will be behind the decision and we can move forward united.

Either Brad goes or Drad does for being incompetent***

Mar 26, 2019, 9:37 AM

Overreact much?***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:08 AM

Re: Overreact much?***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:17 AM

Judge Keller.....question for you....how are you related to Brad Brownell.....gotta be something going on here because you are obviously biased and can not be objective when it comes to Coach Brownell......Go Tigers!!!!!!

I'm not the one who suggested that Radakovich

Mar 26, 2019, 10:19 AM

be fired if he doesn't fire Brad now.

That's the person whose objectivity needs to be questioned.

Re: I'm not the one who suggested that Radakovich

Mar 26, 2019, 10:25 AM

You did not answer my question.....I will ask it again.....what is your connection with Brad ......because it appears you can not be objective when any question or issue involving him are brought up or discussed on here.....and no I do not want anybody fired......Go Tigers!!!!!

I don't have any connection to him.

Mar 26, 2019, 10:27 AM

Although I'm not sure why that matters when discussing our basketball program.

I have been very objective about his tenure. I have clearly posted the realities of the job he's done, and the situation within our basketball program, multiple times.

Again, the people who aren't being objective are the ones who make dramatic statements about how awful we have been under Brownell, how well Clemson supports basketball, and how easy it is to be a top team.

Re: I don't have any connection to him.

Mar 26, 2019, 10:30 AM

you know this could cost Brownell his job, some other poster is an idiot for not understanding the conditions that would allow it to happen this year. I guess it comes down to who is available.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I don't have any connection to him. ]

DRad has supported Brownell probably more than any other basketball coach that has ever been at Clemson......including a major renovation/investment in Littlejohn and a contract extension and nice raise after last season......but you want to blame everybody and everything for Clemson’s lack of success except BB........not all those close losses this season were BB’s fault....but at least half of them clearly were his fault.....it is his responsibility to have his guys in the right positions and play calls and that is why it is called coaching........and his coaching ability (or lack thereof) was really exposed which resulted in losses in at least 3 or 4 games we should have won this season......Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 26, 2019, 11:11 AM

I get what you are saying about having guys in the right position being the coach's responsibility.

However, my lasting impressions of this season include: missing free throws that would have sealed a win at NC State, having a chance to beat maybe the best team in the NCAA tournament in UNC at the end of the game, a no call on the floor that allowed NC State to get a shooting foul 1 second later in the ACC tourney, and our guys repeatedly missing layups vs Wichita State.

Specifically the Wichita State game after everyone spent the last week trashing Brownell's ability to put us in the right spot to win.

Eli Thomas got a point blank shot, down 3, with just under a minute to play on an inbound play. He missed, but I'm not sure how Brownell can put us in a better position there.

We missed layups that entire game and yet the narrative after was that Brownell couldn't get it done.

It's not like he was setting up an offense to get open 3's that we couldn't make.

Brownell was running plays and we were getting shots inside the lane that the team could not make.

Maybe this was the only time the team let him down, but I'm guessing that it wasn't.

If you want to say that Brownell needs to be on the hot seat because of lack of recruiting, I will hear it.

If you want to say he has trouble putting us in position to win, then I'm having trouble agreeing based on what I remember from the season.

Mar 26, 2019, 11:49 AM

We all agree that Clemson wasn’t quite as good as we expected them to be and now, when we lose the starting point guard, we can’t understand why they aren’t playing great! With a 100% Mitchell we would not be having this discussion. If you had known prior to the season that Mitchell would be hurt and not play as he did the previous year, would you still expect the Tigers to be a highly ranked team all season? Depth is not one of the high points of Tiger basketball. Putting five good players on the court at one time has been a problem for many years ..... including this one. The team that finished last season losing to Kansas was NOT the same team you saw play Witchia State!

Mar 27, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't have any connection to him. ]

The away game at NC State I put mostly on Brownell. Calling to foul the inbounds player with over 9 seconds left and the lead, goes against game theory. Everyone knows at the end of the game if you are winning, the clock is your friend, let it run. You do not allow your opponent to score with the clock not running. Stoppping the clock for foul shots is what the losing team does. We gave NC State 2 possessions when they logically could have only had 1. Yes we missed FTs but we are looking at the coach's actions here. It was a huge coaching mistake whether we won or lost that game.
And the worst part to me was the complete lack of taking responsibility in the obvious mistake. A little of "my bad" would have gone a long way.
The other game I think of is the Nebraska game where we played lackluster until the last few minutes. We should have won that game. That loss showed we had an obvious leadership and 3 point shooting deficit this year.
As to recruiting, everyone knew DaVoe was leaving last year. Everyone knows you can't beat good ACC teams w/o solid 3 point shooting. Other teams can recruit shooters, where was our 3 point shooter recruiting?
I'm not calling for him to be fired. But he is not above criticism.

Brownell is ultimately responsible

Mar 26, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't have any connection to him. ]

for the program's success. I've never stated nor implied otherwise.

However, it's ignorant to try to simplify the argument down to "he's the coach, he's responsible" without looking at things in context of our basketball history, support from the administration/fans, and what our peers are doing.

From my perspective, the fact that we easily beat almost all of the teams we were supposed to, and narrowly lost to almost all of the teams we weren't supposed to beat, shows that Brownell gets a lot out of his players. I don't understand how you can blame the coach when our team narrowly loses a game against a more talented team. Rather, it should be viewed as a very good coaching job to develop our players and get them to compete to the point that we have a chance at the end to win such games.

In my opinion, the outcome in close games when the coach puts players in position to win falls mostly on the players. Did they make plays or didn't they?

The bottom line is that we need better players. Our problem isn't player development or Xs and Os, it's recruiting. Why would a recruit choose Clemson over other schools with a much better basketball tradition, as good or better facilities, as good or better fan support, and better administrative support? If you're expecting Brownell or any coach to somehow convince recruits to come to Clemson in spite of that, and do so legally, then you're living in a fantasy world.

Again, Brad is responsible for recruiting, but are we honestly giving him enough resources to recruit the kind of players we need to get us from mid-back to upper tier in the ACC? I don't think so.

Re: Brownell is ultimately responsible

Mar 26, 2019, 1:28 PM

Dude! Ultimately all wins and loses are the responsibility of the head coach. After 9 seasons of this production he needs to go.Time to get a great recruiter in here no doubt.

Dude! Did you even read what I wrote?***

Mar 26, 2019, 2:05 PM

Re: I'm not the one who suggested that Radakovich

Mar 26, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not the one who suggested that Radakovich ]

b2westfarm said:

You did not answer my question.....I will ask it again.....what is your connection with Brad ......because it appears you can not be objective when any question or issue involving him are brought up or discussed on here.....and no I do not want anybody fired......Go Tigers!!!!!

So your contention is someone has to be connected to CBB before they can speak truth to the ignorant lynch mob?

Re: I'm sure he'll get a raise

Mar 26, 2019, 10:45 AM

sheesh.

I like Brownell, want him to succeed,

Mar 26, 2019, 12:30 PM

but it is becoming increasingly clear that he is MBB's equivalent of Tommy Bowden. Good coach, good person, arguably good recruiter, good players, has solid teams most years, comes agonizingly close to having great teams, but just cannot turn the corner to actually having them.

There is absolutely zero parallel between Brownell and

Mar 26, 2019, 1:01 PM

Tommy Bowden, other than they both can say they held head coaching jobs at Clemson.

Brad Brownell didn't come to Clemson with his mother's ### still in his mouth. He hasn't publicly flirted with other schools to get a better deal from Clemson. He doesn't make excuses, he calls things pretty much they way they happen, as he did after the Wich St game. He didn't get the Clemson job on the coattails of a subordinate coach who was the one really responsible for any success he enjoyed.

Brad Brownell came to a major football school w/ a huge love for baseball, as well, to try to coach a men's basketball team who's best previous coaches also struggled to succeed. All of this while trying
to do it without being investigated or accused of cheating.

Tommy Bowden came to a school where football was king even in the throes of mediocrity and while he succeeded in improving facilities and hired Dabo (not even Bowden knew exactly what he had in Dabo), he couldn't get past the mediocrity on the field. Hell, it took him 5 years to realize you have to recruit offensive linemen.

Brownell may not be the best basketball coach in the country, or even close, but comparing him to Bowden is an insult.

Can someone send Radakovich every season of The Apprentice?

Mar 26, 2019, 12:59 PM

Mar 26, 2019, 1:58 PM

Stay by your computers ...***

Mar 26, 2019, 2:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

still staying***

Mar 27, 2019, 2:55 PM

Mar 26, 2019, 2:25 PM

need new direction ,this management will not get our program any further than where it is right now and look at next season we have no returning starters wow how do you become so low in talent and coaching

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 4:51 PM

I think Brad is going to be safe after the meeting, but if DRad puts Brad under the expectations need to be better next season, Brad might get frustrated and will either look for something else, or be disgruntled and a mural parting may occur.

We will see...

Mar 26, 2019, 4:54 PM

“ Mutual parting” I mean.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:24 PM

Look at it this way. Brownell has only 1 year less at Clemson than Tony Bennett has at UVA. One program is soaring and one is floundering. Yes, UVA has a better BB tradition and probably a bigger budget, but I think it’s hard to argue there’s not a huge difference in the quality of coaching. Who wants to argue that swapping coaches right now, even with no other changes at Clemson would not be an instant improvement?

UVA spends twice as much on basketball as we do.

Mar 26, 2019, 7:53 PM

Plus, they play in an arena, built in 2005, that cost $170 million in today's dollars.

We just spent $65 million renovating Littlejohn, which was supposed to be a rebuild but turned into a facelift instead.

Yes, you are absolutely right about UVA having a better basketball history than us.

Re: UVA spends twice as much on basketball as we do.

Mar 26, 2019, 8:20 PM

Won’t admit that Bennett is a far better coach?

Mar 27, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps ]

Brownell is NOT Bowden. Bowden ran stupid plays anyone could see would not work. Our opponents knew what O plays we would run by how we lined up. Bowden lost games when we obviously were the more talented team. Brownell keeps us in games when we are overmatched.

Brownell is not above criticism, but he is not Bowden.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell, Radakovich set to meet soon over program, next steps ]

Lol .... liked “mural parting” better nctigs!! -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I'd prefer a mural painting

Mar 26, 2019, 7:49 PM

DRad and Brad could do a mural of the history of Clemson basketball. Brad's era would of course be in the middle

I knew extending his contract was a mistake

Mar 29, 2019, 12:23 AM

Now there a larger buyout dollars attached to getting him out of town. He basically went against the “Clemson way” to build a team worthy of a NCAA run. Juco & grad transfers are usually something we don’t do. Brownell saw the writing on the wall. It was win, or leave. He had only been to the dance on Purnells players. He only went last year on the strength of transfers. Not recruiting high school kids. I’ve kept my mouth shut this year. I knew the run into the NIT wouldn’t last long. Brad thinks championships are won through defense. I haven’t seen that recipe work anywhere. Offense first, with Brads style of defense wins championships. You can’t go 7-12 minutes without scoring the basketball. He’s weak on fundamentals. It used to be free throws. At least that’s cleaned up! It’s time to find a Dabo in a basketball coach! It can be done. At any school. Why not Clemson?! We did it in football. I dreamt of football being this since the 70’s. The 80’s were great. But, the 80’s can’t touch what Dabo has done! We can have that in basketball also!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic