Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Humor us this.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Humor us this.....

Sep 7, 2014, 3:51 PM

What has Cole DONE to be starter? Just because he hasn’t done anything to 'not' be the starter doesn’t mean he deserves to be the starter. We've got NOTHING wrong with Cole.. but the offense just seems to have a little more zip when Watson is in. He is smooth and honestly looks more comfortable. Seems he gives us the best chance because of his athleticism. And to the people saying "we're gone more than likely have an average season.. why start him if he's the future and risk getting him hurt" .. BULL$%%*. You don't approach things that way. WHAT IF, things start clicking with our defense AND offense and we pull some upsets... ? Who knows what could happen with this team... THIS YEAR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

What has Watson done?

Sep 7, 2014, 3:56 PM

I'm just playing devils advocate... but be careful with this answer

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

he won the back up job over schuessler, olson & mccaskill

Sep 7, 2014, 4:01 PM

or at least that's the rumor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also been said he is the heisman front runner and

Sep 7, 2014, 4:02 PM

would be a top 5 pick if eligible

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

i've seen a lot of things said, you asked what he'd done...

Sep 7, 2014, 4:04 PM

does that help?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautiful response, DSP*****

Sep 7, 2014, 4:26 PM

NM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's also been said he is the heisman front runner and

Sep 7, 2014, 7:57 PM [ in reply to It's also been said he is the heisman front runner and ]

I don't understand why you are being sarcastic ab the best QB on the team. It's clear that's Watson. Cole won't even be drafted, and eventually Watson will be a first round pick

He easily looked like the better QB on Saturday, but...

Sep 7, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to What has Watson done? ]

we were playing SC State, and they are obviously terrible.

You can take very little from that game.

Stoudt looked better than Tajh last year in this game

Sep 7, 2014, 4:55 PM

also. Set a school QB record for single game accuracy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he didn't look better than Tajh...

Sep 7, 2014, 5:44 PM

that 19-20 of was nearly all screen passes against SC State's back ups last season. Tajh didn't nearly throw three picks against SC State, like Stoudt did. Get over it, Tajh will be remember for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so. I love Tajh. He was the man and is a great

Sep 7, 2014, 5:53 PM

Clemson ambassador. I was just throwing out statistics. Like...

"There lies, #### lies, and statistics."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was 2 NEARLY interceptions yesterday. Now it's 3 today.

Sep 7, 2014, 7:42 PM [ in reply to No he didn't look better than Tajh... ]

Lol

Re: It was 2 NEARLY interceptions yesterday. Now it's 3 today.

Sep 7, 2014, 7:59 PM

don`t let FACTS get in the way of a good "tale"...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looked like the better QB against UGA***

Sep 7, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to He easily looked like the better QB on Saturday, but... ]

Scored a TD on each of his drives yesterday. With Stoudt...

Sep 7, 2014, 5:41 PM [ in reply to What has Watson done? ]

we had to settle for 3 FG's against a vastly inferior opponent.

Re: Humor us this.....

Sep 7, 2014, 4:01 PM

He beat out Watson in the spring and fall camps. That's enough.

did he beat him out or is it he deserves respect like Howard***

Sep 7, 2014, 4:05 PM

hahaha beat him out??..stoudt got the starting job AFTER....

Sep 7, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Humor us this..... ]

watson got injured

and

kelly was kicked off the team

he won in the spring by DEFAULT. Dabo had no other choice at that time but to name him the starter

Unforunately...

Sep 7, 2014, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Humor us this..... ]

nothing supports that either. Even if the coaches say that.

nothing "you see" supports it & apparently you seeing 60ish

Sep 7, 2014, 4:45 PM

minutes of possession time is greater than the coaches seeing the better part of 8 months?

that's where people seem to differ; just an observation.

the "in game offense" runs better, faster and more efficient

Sep 7, 2014, 4:51 PM

when watson is in...............I don't care what they do in practice.

good pheebo, i like it when you don't care.***

Sep 7, 2014, 4:52 PM

Bingo!!***

Sep 7, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to nothing "you see" supports it & apparently you seeing 60ish ]

Apparently camp and practice have something to do with it.

Sep 7, 2014, 4:03 PM

Odd, I know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crazy talk.***

Sep 7, 2014, 4:04 PM

I'm confused. So when we lose to another team then it's

Sep 7, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Apparently camp and practice have something to do with it. ]

wrong to say we're still better than them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doubt it. seen it before with Dabo. i.e.- 2010.***

Sep 7, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Apparently camp and practice have something to do with it. ]

Exactly, Dabo kept on playing Marquan Jones and Xavier Dye..

Sep 7, 2014, 5:47 PM

over Jaron Brown and Nuk Hopkins. And he kept on playing Kyle Parker even though his ribs were too injured to be playing. We need the 2011 - Jan 2014 Dabo. 2010, can have it's version of Dabo back.

Re: Exactly, Dabo kept on playing Marquan Jones and Xavier Dye..

Sep 7, 2014, 8:07 PM

We should of know this was coming, we saw a glimpse of how this was going to be approached last year with Battle and Leggett. We needed them in the game, especially Battle, and Dabo kept saying that they had not earned more playing time in practice.

that is odd. funny that practice is where all major

Sep 8, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Apparently camp and practice have something to do with it. ]

decisions are made and not from actual game time.

i just want ONE questioned answered.......

Sep 7, 2014, 4:12 PM

Dabo's stance is
- stoudt is the "clear cut" starter
- there is ZERO controversy
- in other words stoudt is "better" than watson
- in other words stoudt gives us the best chance to win

for arguments sake let's pretend i agree with Dabo.

why in the HECK did dabo PULL our BEST QB and put in a "lesser" QB in the game down by 7 in athens?????????

while we'll NEVER know an answer to that question. I believe there IS a QB controversy, only thing is Dabo doesn't have the guts to make a move and indirectly admit he/they were wrong.

EXACTLY.***

Sep 7, 2014, 4:15 PM

The answer is "wait for it"

Sep 7, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to i just want ONE questioned answered....... ]

UGA never had a 7 point lead in the 2nd half. Their first score was a field goal and then 3 TDs. The plan was always that Watson would get the 4th series in the first half regardless of the score. The way the oline played in the 2nd half not even Mr Crab Legs would have done any thing. I'll bet even Mr. So Tall wouldn't have done anything either.

Controversy is only in fan's minds which counts ZERO.***

Sep 7, 2014, 7:48 PM [ in reply to i just want ONE questioned answered....... ]

Humerus

Sep 7, 2014, 4:22 PM

That's the big bone in your arm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Humor THIS . . .

Sep 7, 2014, 5:04 PM

Let's assume that you and I know as much about football as Dabo and Chad (we don't of course, but just for fun). What do you suppose our coaches base their decision on regarding who starts and who doesn't? Could that decision possibly involve anything that you and I aren't privy to? Of course it does. In fact, there is probably a lot that goes into that decision that we simply have no way of knowing about because we don't talk to the players, we don't know the players or what they are thinking, we don't see them in practice, we don't know what the short term or long term plans are for each player or for the team, we don't know how much of the playbook each player knows, we don't know all of their weaknesses or limitations, etc. etc..

Watson has looked absolutely phenomenal when he has been in - I get it. He looks to be an All-American caliber talent - so far. His natural ability, poise, attitude . . . everything is impressive. And yes, I can understand why so many people think he should be starting and/or playing more. But he's not, and he's not because people far, FAR more qualified to make that decision than you or I have made it, people who see and know much more than us, and I guarantee you it has little to do with loyalty or favoritism, and everything to do with getting the best players on the field, as they see it.

I get frustrated with personnel decisions myself at times. It's part of being a fan; but at some point I have to let it go trust the guys whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So I guess you trusted Tommy Bowden back in 2006 against...

Sep 7, 2014, 5:49 PM

SCU, when Reggie Merriweather was gashing the gamecocks and then for no good reason he took him out.

What if Stoudt and Watson were both true freshmen....

Sep 7, 2014, 6:04 PM

and their performance thus far was the basis for naming a starting QB. Who would get your vote?

Watson easily. Stoudt looks like the true freshman QB...

Sep 7, 2014, 6:32 PM

Watson looks like the senior.

I did not understand that at all, but ultimately, yes.

Sep 7, 2014, 7:33 PM [ in reply to So I guess you trusted Tommy Bowden back in 2006 against... ]

"I get frustrated with personnel decisions myself at times. It's part of being a fan; but at some point I have to let it go trust the guys whose jobs depend on making the right decisions."

I did not agree with everything TB did either, but even he was a much better football coach than me, and I'm sure he (assuming it was his decision and his decision alone to pull RM) had a good reason for what he did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Never trusted Bowden after he cost us that game....Thanks

Sep 7, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to So I guess you trusted Tommy Bowden back in 2006 against... ]

for opening up that wound again.

U attribute a great deal of depth to personnel decisions ST

Sep 7, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Humor THIS . . . ]

I'm not sure Watson is ready playbook-wise. That said playing devil's advocate, if and it's a big IF, if Watson relieves Stoudt and brings us back from behind and beats #1 FSU in Tallahassee, then is Cole still #1?

My belief is Dabo and Chad and Cole are bringing Deshaun along slowly. When Deshaun breaks out and he will when given some snaps, he will take over. I don't expect us to beat FSU, and as much as I support Cole, I'll be surprised if a healthy Deshaun does not start SC game. Dabo and Chad have a season long view of the QB situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree with that. Watson will be the man at some

Sep 7, 2014, 11:56 PM

point - maybe sooner rather than later. I expect him to play a lot against FSU.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic