Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, if I was a Basketball recruiter ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

You know, if I was a Basketball recruiter ...

Feb 27, 2019, 9:03 PM

unless the guy (or a they) ... is a really good Basketball shooter ... or maybe the occasional need for a really good basketball handler (a "1" kind of a guy) ...

I could care less if ...

He is really a good athlete otherwise
He jumps out of the gym
He might be good a shooter if we train him and he MIGHT be able to catch up real quick ...

You would think the prime directive is ... is the guy (or a they) good at putting the ball in the basket ? All else to me seems secondary ... it does not matter if you can't score because ... is it not true that the team with the most "points" win ?

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some are great scorers, some are great defenders. Very few

Feb 28, 2019, 10:39 PM

do both really well. If you have three really good scorers, the other two don't have to score at all, if they can play good defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EVERYONE should fundamentally be competent ....

Mar 1, 2019, 10:55 AM

in putting the ball in the basket. If you only have 3 that can score, that means the defending 5 only has to key on them. All 5 need basic basketball skills (shooting and dribbling)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: EVERYONE should fundamentally be competent ....

Mar 1, 2019, 3:13 PM

Good lord

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

There aren't a lot of guys like that to go around.

Mar 1, 2019, 11:00 AM

Especially who can do it at the major college level.

There are guys at the high school level who shoot well, but they have to be a good enough athlete to get open and get a shot off against the best defenders in college basketball. The speed and athleticism in college is so much greater than in high school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: There aren't a lot of guys like that to go around.

Mar 1, 2019, 3:38 PM

True.
I watched a show about Pistol Pete a few weeks ago. I was thinking how it seems that very few
have approached his skill level in the decades since he played. What an incredible talent as a shooter, passer, dribbler.
One of the all time greats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. His scoring prowess was amazing.

Mar 1, 2019, 3:46 PM

He averaged 44.2 points per game at LSU, and is still the all-time scoring leader in division 1 basketball history. That's amazing considering the fact that there was no three point line then. I read that Dale Brown, former LSU coach, went back and watched all of Pistol Pete's games to chart each of his shots. He calculated that he would've averaged nearly 60 points per game if there had been a three point line, based on where his shots came from (i.e., many outside shots).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic