Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPiN is going nuts over the playoff system.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

ESPiN is going nuts over the playoff system.

Oct 27, 2014, 10:47 PM

They admit that only human opinion can make the system work but are going apechit because it isn't their opinion dominating the polls. They feel left out after all the work they've done watching football. LULZ

They've spent two years convincing everyone that two SEC teams will be seeded and now they are at full throttle reverse. Now they know it isn't going to happen. Understand that all the voters in the traditional polls get most of their information from ESPiN. If ESPiN doesn't talk about a team on the other coast voters won't know anything about them. The teams that get the most air time on ESPiN are considered by default, good teams.

ESPiN is now facing the harsh reality that there are 12 people dedicated to naming and evaluating teams. They will review and track the records of every team in the big five and name 25 of them to be the best. ESPiN discussed SOS today on ESPNU and the guys were asking 'Who determines the SOS the committee will use? Will it be a valid and accurate SOS?"

If the committee isn't using a media driven preseason poll how can they possibly get this right? That's what the discussion lead up to. "How can the committee watch all the games and vote on the best 25?"

I wonder how many of the traditional poll's voters watched all the games and determined the best 25 to start every season for the past brizzilion years. I swear, this stuff is better than fiction.

I've waited for two years to see these summbiches squirm and now it's my turn to watch the committee pour salt on the backs of those ESPiN slugs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for paragraphs.....

Oct 27, 2014, 10:53 PM

Seriously though, great post 88.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post!***

Oct 27, 2014, 10:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPiN is going nuts over the playoff system.

Oct 27, 2014, 11:07 PM

Watching Jason Seahorn and company try to push that agenda was board line cringe-worthy earlier today. One of them actually put 3 SEC teams in their playoff bracket. Then he basically is saying that because FSU isn't blowing people out then they don't really deserve to be there. He completely discounted Clemson saying we were "not that good".

Then they went on this tirade about the playoff commission saying they'd take consideration in the fact that key players getting injured....lol...well hello Deshaun Watson and like 11 others on the team...smh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### fine post, sir.***

Oct 27, 2014, 11:39 PM

Oct 27, 2014, 11:47 PM

So true!

I still think no more than one conference representative should be allowed

Oct 27, 2014, 11:47 PM

In a 4 Team playoff...If you cant win your conference, then you shouldnt make a top 4 playoff, period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother, play with the cards your dealt

Oct 27, 2014, 11:54 PM

....and quit all this PunkA$$ WHINING for the sec

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly if you arent the best team..

Oct 28, 2014, 12:04 AM [ in reply to I still think no more than one conference representative should be allowed ]

in your division (i say that because they will harp for bama and one of the miss teams to be in)let alone the best team in the conference you shouldnt get in period..bama playing lsu in a rematch for the national title was a joke..sure bama beat them..but lsu also beat bama a few weeks before that game

a few days ago, either mark may or arbuckle(sp?) one, stated

Oct 28, 2014, 6:51 AM

that the lsu-'bama mnc game was the best one in recent memory (stated this while trying to explain why a team SHOULDN'T be required to win either a division or the conference!!!)

to me, winning the conference, to make the play-off, should be paramount.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost two years ago we learned that conference champs would

Oct 28, 2014, 12:10 AM [ in reply to I still think no more than one conference representative should be allowed ]

be given special consideration. Did anyone really believe the committee would publish criteria then not follow it?

I think these idiots finally figured out what 'special consideration,' really means after being hung up on the mission statement. "We endeavor to put the best four teams in the playoffs." For two years now ESPiNners have figured that everyone in the world knows that they and they alone are qualified to determine which teams are the best four. And don't think they didn't try to spin Bama's loss while pointing out that FSU barely escaped Clemson and ND. It has to take some balls to try and sell circular logic on national TV.

"Well, our opinion constitutes fact."

HELLO ESPiN, ANYBODY HOME?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still think no more than one conference representative should be allowed

Oct 28, 2014, 7:56 AM [ in reply to I still think no more than one conference representative should be allowed ]

Agreed. Point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Can We Just Rub Lotion on Sam Ponder's Back?***

Oct 28, 2014, 12:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I can I'm just wondering if I may.***

Oct 28, 2014, 12:10 AM

TU x One Million

Oct 28, 2014, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Can We Just Rub Lotion on Sam Ponder's Back?*** ]

Dimples..

blonde..

great eyes..

attitude off the charts (check this girl's instagram...she IS the girl next door)..

Yes, please.

I will bet anyone on the board that Clemson will be ranked

Oct 28, 2014, 12:32 AM

higher than we are now. There are a lot of one loss teams that do not need to be up there. Ohio St has one loss, but that is by a bad VT team, and they have not played a team in the top 25 all year. Do they need a #13 rating? Heck no! Arizona, Utah, ECU are all worse teams ranked ahead of us in my opinion.

I think we Watson at QB, we are easily a top 10 team, maybe even better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they would have to make an assumption to move us up

Oct 28, 2014, 12:52 AM

to where we belong right now. DW will be back and we're likely to get another win in the mean time. After the GT game we'll move close to the top ten and when the chit hits the fan during rival's week we'll possibly make a top ten appearance. We'll finished the regular season ranked about 12 though.

When we stomp a greasy spot out of ND's ### in the OB we'll be top ten for sure. I just hope we come up with something on offense to get by till DW gets back.

This committee probably won't think that they. They will

Oct 28, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to I will bet anyone on the board that Clemson will be ranked ]

probably look at who we have beaten (pretty much just Louisville) more than anything else, and that will not be enough to push us ahead of the 1-loss teams despite the fact that most of those teams would have lost @UGA and @FSU too.

I don't expect these to be power-ranking-type rankings, i expect them to be an assessment of results. Sometimes the "best teams" and the "most deserving teams" aren't the same, and while i prefer to see the best teams, these committees usually lean in the other direction - based on years of observing the NCAA basketball selection committee anyway.

Re: ESPiN owns

Oct 28, 2014, 6:26 AM

the rights to the playoffs. ESPN's parent company GE was handsomely rewarded by Barry Soetoro who actively pushed the playoffs. Just more corruption that went unreported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/17/obama-push-college-football-playoff/#!

ESPiN is owned by Disney, not GE.***

Oct 28, 2014, 6:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPiN owns

Oct 28, 2014, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPiN owns ]

This argument makes no sense. You are angry at espn for touting the best teams in the country, but espn does not create the polls. It is a fact that the sec is the best conference and those ranked in the top 10 deserve to be there. There are at least 3, maybe 4 sec teams that would beat some other conference champions. FSU is good, but have been underwhelming at times. There hasn't been a clear cut #1 this year like there usually is. I do agree that so muh relies on preseason ranking, but if I'm not mistaken, Mississippi state was unbanked at the start of the year. Bottom line, if you don't like espn, don't watch,

4-4

Oct 28, 2014, 6:47 AM

You think UT beats you guys by 2 touchdowns?

;)

Morning Dre.

The SEC use to be known for 'great' Ds because of poor Os..

Oct 28, 2014, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPiN owns ]

Now it's just the opposite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2014, 7:55 AM

Buy will the committee pour salt on them? Or will the committee be media ho's like all politicians? Guess we are fixing to find out,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I guess I'm alone in the fact that i want 2 SEC teams in

Oct 28, 2014, 8:25 AM

this year. I just enjoy watching CFB, and I haven't joined the Tigernet crusade against the SEC, largely because i find the conference to be very entertaining. They have a propensity for playing some really good games, and it's easier for me to care about a game when the fans care and the environment is great. Watching GT beat Pitt in front of a 2/3 empty stadium or Miami a couple weeks ago in front of like 5000 fans is just inherently less interesting than watching a home game for LSU, Auburn, Tenn, etc.

The Big Ten was enjoyable at one point, and the atmosphere at some of those games (like OSU @ PSU) can still be great, but the decline of that conference and the exodus of talent from teams like Penn St and Michigan has really hurt the appeal of that league.

Watching the Big XII feels like watching HS games now. I have no idea what has caused the evolution, but it was a defensive league as recently as 14 years ago (OU natty team), and now i feel like I'm watching a Byrnes vs Northwestern game.

The Pac 12 still has a JV-type feel to a lot of their games. Some of it is the style of play (much like the Big XII now), but a lot of it is the fans. Most west coast fans just aren't quite into it like other CFB fans. They show up and make some noise, but you can tell they are only half engaged in the game while planning their next "save the minks" rally or tree removal protest in the back of their minds. Oregon is probably the lone exception right now. The conference was actually more enjoyable when Pete Carroll had the USC dynasty rolling.

I didn't intend to ramble this much when i started typing this post, but what i would really like to see is a resurgence from teams like Michigan, Penn St, USC, etc. Given where those programs are right now though, I'm glad the SEC is good because otherwise i would find it hard to care about anything outside of Clemson games.

Posts like this are why I love this bored. Hilarious!***

Oct 28, 2014, 9:15 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic