Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition

Dec 21, 2011, 11:06 AM

Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition

Dec 21, 2011, 11:09 AM

Fitting ending to the season. Yet another upset watch

Dec 21, 2011, 11:10 AM

would not feel right if that idiot picked us to win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2011, 11:24 AM

she must not ever change her pants. always the same in all she says and wears.

Dec 21, 2011, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition ]

By the way, I haven't been on the board recently so this is the first time I'm seeing Branch with the Clemson Title Belt on...that thing is amazing haha

We better bring the pain on defense!!!!***

Dec 21, 2011, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition ]

Dec 21, 2011, 11:09 AM

Why even call it Upset Watch? Just title it, "ESPN's Shot at Clemson". Every week it seemed we were on upset alert, and like the blind squirrel, ESPN was right a couple of times.

"ESPN's shot at Clemson." I like it.***

Dec 21, 2011, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2011, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition ]

Well let's face it, we came out of the gate hot. People were skeptic of our ability to keep up the pace, and rightfully so. This is sort of our M.O. We started out hot, hit a point of instability, and then turned to crap for the entire month of November. We played incredible for the ACCCG, but until we can prove we're able to beat the teams we're supposed to, we will have (and deserve) this kind of scrutiny from the major media outlets.

How many teams can claim they beat everyone they are suppos

Dec 21, 2011, 11:22 AM

supposed to. BTW Clemson beat 4 teams they were NOT supposed to.

The NC State debacle did seem eerily Clemsonish, but the loss to GT was just a loss. The loss to SCAR, though horrible and demoralizing was us losing to a higher ranked team.

ESPN has built a ridiculous situation in which every time WE lose it is because we are being Clemson. Crappy journalists get a catchy idea in their head and beat it into the ground even when it doesn't fit. That happened this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many teams can claim they beat everyone they are suppos

Dec 21, 2011, 4:39 PM

I agree totally. I too don't consider the GTech or Carolina losses to be "pulling a Clemson" (though we played terrible in both), but the NC State game absolutely was. The difference about this year is that we also barely avoided horrible losses to Maryland and Wake Forest too.

I get what you mean about many other teams losing to inferior opponents too. However, no other program consistently has as much talent as we do, and consistently under performs against inferior competition.

This year we did a great job of avoiding the epic collapse against Wake and Maryland...but in order to shed the "Pulling a Clemson" thing once and for good, we're going to need to win ALL of the games we have against clearly inferior competition.

Re: How many teams can claim they beat everyone they are suppos

Dec 22, 2011, 8:39 AM [ in reply to How many teams can claim they beat everyone they are suppos ]

I think Heather is a bit of a challenged token woman trying to do something she isn't quite up to. She isn't very good, but she does help meet a quota. Of all the highly qualified women who could have gotten the job, ESecPN seems to have chosen very poorly with her. Find a dead horse for her, and let her beat it. That's about the way it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not every team can go undefeated. You say it enough...

Dec 21, 2011, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Upset Watch: ACC bowl edition ]

You got a good chance of being right eventually.

Re: Not every team can go undefeated. You say it enough...

Dec 21, 2011, 9:20 PM

She has had us on upset alert even when we were the under dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enough of this blathering bohemoth of a blunderbuss...

Dec 21, 2011, 11:23 AM

Let's send her a "Teary Christmas and Crappy New Year" card and sign it: "Bust Wishes from all your Unadoring Fans!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've made an effort NOT to be a Heather Dinnich detractor...

Dec 21, 2011, 11:24 AM

this season, but I must admit, I've grown tired of reading her material.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My feelings as well.***

Dec 21, 2011, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is such a lazy reporter. It's the same thing every week

Dec 21, 2011, 11:49 AM

I think she hates her job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not this #### again, really?***

Dec 21, 2011, 3:05 PM

Dec 21, 2011, 3:21 PM

"ESPN has built a ridiculous situation in which every time WE lose it is because we are being Clemson. Crappy journalists get a catchy idea in their head and beat it into the ground even when it doesn't fit. That happened this year."

Yup.

And every game we were favored to win, she would, on que, put us in the "Upset Alert". The chick is a hack, and basically has no original thoughts of her own.

As for ESPN, it's amazing how many other teams that are perenially in the top 20 and every year drop a game to a nobody (Oklahoma, VT or Oregon), yet Clemson, who hasn't been in the national spotlight or really consistently ranked in the past 5 years, somehow gets a moniker like "pulling a Clemson" when we stub our toe. ###?

There are a HELL of alot more deserving team of that stupid moniker.... Oklahoma for one. They pull that crap every year, and they are always ranked in the top 10. I don't get it.

-ZA

Dec 21, 2011, 3:50 PM

What about Michigan. this is the only year ESPN has not ranked them in the top 20, in long history. now they have won a few games ESPN has raved to no end. they could end up 2nd in finnaly poll.lol

Dec 21, 2011, 9:16 PM

Did anyone truely think that this wasn't coming. Count on Heather DimBitch, she will never let us down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dinich showing us some love....

Dec 21, 2011, 11:42 PM

do they pay her or does she do this as volunteer work?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic