Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN showed SCAR's coach letting Perry Orth have it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,544

ESPN showed SCAR's coach letting Perry Orth have it

Nov 30, 2015, 3:56 PM

on several occasions. Wonder if that was the best coaching strategy considering the circumstances and the number of times and extent to which it was done?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I respect Elliott but I was put off by his antics...

Nov 30, 2015, 4:13 PM

towards Orth. He really laid into him in an out of line manner, IMO. Don't know what he said, but its was the equivalent of dog cussing him for missing a few throws. He is a 6' ft walk-on who had guys in his face at varying times. A lot of QBs miss throws. I could never imagine Dabo going up and down on Watson or any other QB repeatedly for missing a throw.

He also gave it to another guy on a special teams play (cant remember what happened - penalty I think). It may have been warranted, but Elliott made sure to chase him down and give him the drill sergeant treatment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes- the guy who was guilty of the 15 yd ULC on the Kickoff

Nov 30, 2015, 4:14 PM

he searched him out for a while on the bench until he found him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: yes- the guy who was guilty of the 15 yd ULC on the Kickoff

Nov 30, 2015, 5:10 PM

That guy deserved it. Not only did he go way over the top in committing a personal foul after the whistle he ran up to the student section and did enough posturing to warrant another like he had just done something great.

Elliott was doing it for the cameras. Rushing out onto the

Nov 30, 2015, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I respect Elliott but I was put off by his antics... ]

field to publicly berate your walk on quarterback is not the way to win a football game, much less get hired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He definitley had a chip on his shoulder at the presser , ..

Nov 30, 2015, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I respect Elliott but I was put off by his antics... ]

then again , he has been through one stressful experience , still lost to the citadel , and in all likelihood, was told by AD that he would not be considered for the head coach position ...bad day at the office , but he looked at the presser like he was ready to kick someones ### ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he and Muschamp would be great together.***

Nov 30, 2015, 4:58 PM

Funny you said "drill sergeant treatment"...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:22 PM [ in reply to I respect Elliott but I was put off by his antics... ]

...cause my son, who was in the Army, said the exact same thing. We both lost any respect we had for the guy after that. It's not that we have any issue with Drill Sergeants, they're doing their job by breaking down individuality during basic training. But that's not how you coach and lead young men several months into their campaign when they are battling the best in the nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: ESPN showed SCAR's coach letting Perry Orth have it

Nov 30, 2015, 4:26 PM

He looks like that high school coach from the 21 Jump Street movie-the one that got his #### shot off in the end.

Nov 30, 2015, 4:52 PM

I've seen Dabo do exactly the same thing on several occasions, also on national TV.

Not to a walk on QB in over his head.***

Nov 30, 2015, 4:58 PM

Nov 30, 2015, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN showed SCAR's coach letting Perry Orth have it ]

For someone doing something dumb like getting a penalty for running their mouth YES. But after he mad a bad throw? HELL no. The only time i have seen him lose it was when Deshaun spiked the ball at FSU and even then he didnt go off in his face like Elliot did. Even though in the locker room he said he could kick Deshaun's A$$ for how bad he played in the first half. But hey it is what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have absolutely not seen Dabo do the exact...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN showed SCAR's coach letting Perry Orth have it ]

...same thing in any similar situation. That team played their hearts out and almost upset the #1 team in the nation. I can assure you Dabo would not be stalking down players to chew them out because of a mistake on the field given the same circumstance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Agree. Looked over at my son who was watching...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:11 PM

...with me and said "there is no way I would want to play for that guy." Constantly ranting at his players for any mistake. Screaming/angry face doesn't do it for me. Thank goodness for CDS. He does it the right way. And the point gets across without the physical demonstration.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic