Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does ESPN think UL/CLEMSON is becoming a rivalry?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Why does ESPN think UL/CLEMSON is becoming a rivalry?

Sep 15, 2017, 9:14 AM

We are 3-0 against them recently, even with their Heisman Winner (?). It is the eve of their big chance to play the defending National Champion, yet I'm not seeing very many UL posts by THEIR fans on our board. They must know that they are about to be seriously exposed as ESPN is hyping the game like UL is the giant killer that they hope can dethrone the Champions. Nah - I'm not ready to declare UL anything more than a big bump in the road with a jerk for a coach. Realistically, doesn't one have to actually beat a team before they can even be considered to be a rival?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see the last 3 games?***

Sep 15, 2017, 9:20 AM

Yeah, they almost won.

Sep 15, 2017, 9:21 AM

i.e. they lost.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the games where we went 3-0?***

Sep 15, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Did you see the last 3 games?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Did you see the last 3 games?***

Sep 15, 2017, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Did you see the last 3 games?*** ]

LOL - yep - I watched several times, and the result was always the same. CLEMSON dominated UL over and over and over. What part of which game are you specifically referring to? You must have some idea as to why you think UL is all that good. IMO - only tOSU is more over-rated than UL. ESPN only hopes some team - any team - can dethrone CLEMSON as Champions so that their love fest with Alabama can continue. Alabama will continue to be #2 until some team can manage to beat CLEMSON. It won't be UL this week. Deal with it.

Its about the same level of rivalry as a hawk and a rabbit***

Sep 15, 2017, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think of it more like the rivalry between

Sep 15, 2017, 9:54 AM

A mongoose and a cobra. The cobra looks like it could win the fight, but the mongoose always ends up biting it's head off and making a meal of it.

Re: Why does ESPN think UL/CLEMSON is becoming a rivalry?

No...otherwise the coots would have never been a rival. Until their 2009-2013 run of 5 straight wins Clemson owned them...now things are back to normal!

Re: SCAR never took the role

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2017, 9:35 AM

I agree it isn't a true rivalry with them. ESPN wants ratings. More hype more non diehard college football fans might watch I guess.

helps generate viewers

Sep 15, 2017, 9:38 AM

I think it is called marketing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Do you read the board? Definitely a rivalry according to

Sep 15, 2017, 9:39 AM

all the posts.

Sep 15, 2017, 9:50 AM

Money. Selling the lie has the potential to make ESPN money. The CEO of ESPN is a Tarhole alum, therefore money trumps all and truth doesn't stand a chance......it's the Tarhole way.

Sep 15, 2017, 10:40 AM

Now I know why ESPN is losing money. A tarhole as CEO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to hype something...The SEC is giving them nothing

Sep 15, 2017, 9:50 AM

UF-UT is a joke.

To boost ratings. In reality clemson has only 1 rival and it is instate. Citadel***

Sep 15, 2017, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Those liberal hacks

Sep 15, 2017, 10:41 AM

will do anything to see people in the south fight with juan another.

hth

It should be a rivalry.

Sep 15, 2017, 10:43 AM

The ACC needs more heated rivalries and UL seems to be a fan base that really cares about football in much the same way as our fans.

I still want Clemson to beat their brains out, but in time I expect the Clemson/UL connection to grow stronger, and that's a good thing.

ESPN needs something to hype in the ACC

Sep 15, 2017, 10:47 AM

because their darling FSU is on life support while we steamroll through the conference.

Re: ESPN needs something to hype in the ACC

Sep 15, 2017, 1:52 PM

Way to many FSU fans down here still think they're going to beat us this year... smh

They're one of the worst fan bases in the ACC, I had someone flick a cigarette butt at my car the other day because of my Clemson decal on my car (i guess thats why anyway), as soon as they passed me, lo and behold! An FSU license plate holder.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Clemson fans, shouldn't we be GLAD Espin is hyping it?

Sep 15, 2017, 10:52 AM

It's called free publicity!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As Clemson fans, shouldn't we be GLAD Espin is hyping it?

Sep 15, 2017, 1:50 PM

Yes we should. Most people on here just aren't very bright and will go to any lengths to try to make espn look bad, making themselves look bad in the process.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:16 AM

I don't see an issue with calling them a rival. We're 3-0 against them, but all 3 games have come down to the final play. A rivalry doesn't have to be heated either. I have no issues with calling them a conference rival.

Sep 15, 2017, 1:09 PM

Try having a reasonable conversation with a Louisville fan and tell me what you think.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic