Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN just crucified Baylor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

ESPN just crucified Baylor

Jan 31, 2016, 5:41 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14675790/baylor-officials-accused-failing-investigate-sexual-assaults-fully-adequately-providing-support-alleged-victims

Apparently they've had several sexual assaults by football players and they're showing that Baylor basically just shrugged their shoulders about everything.

I think this is going to really hurt them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN just crucified Baylor

Jan 31, 2016, 5:44 PM

Wow. Disgusting.

Jan 31, 2016, 5:48 PM

I've always had a dislike for Art Briles, especially after his whining about being left out of the playoffs last year, he just wouldn't shut up. Now, to read this, I dislike him even more so, turning a deaf ear and blind eye to major issues, makes no sense.

Jan 31, 2016, 5:51 PM

Yea, something tells me they're not going to have to worry about the playoffs for a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA destroys them. I also wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing guys from their 11th ranked recruiting class start decommitting.

And their a baptist school, which it makes it even...

Jan 31, 2016, 5:51 PM

more pathetic

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And their a baptist school, which it makes it even...

Jan 31, 2016, 6:17 PM

That was my first thought too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 5:54 PM

Man, Jameis Winston's case is one thing. But it appears that Baylor was party to covering up for a straight up predator.

Not good for them. The one saving grace might be that one of the perps are in prison, although the other facts of the case are pretty damning of their program culture.

Jan 31, 2016, 5:56 PM

Yea, he's in prison, but it doesn't look like Baylor did anything whatsoever to help that happen. If anything, it sounds like they did a lot of hurt because they didn't do anything after the first 4-5 women went to the school to report the assault. They could have prevented further rapes/assaults if they had acted properly.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:00 PM

Oh, I agree. I just think the people who are holding feet to the fire in this situation would be susceptible to "the bad guy's in prison" narrative and perhaps factor that into their decision on whether to act or not.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:02 PM

True. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NCAA intervene though.

There was a big one in the news early in the season.

Chris Petersen (Washington coach / former Boise coach) basically called Art Briles a liar. Baylor accepted the transfer of a troubled Boise player that was kicked off the football team. When he heard the player wanted to transfer to Baylor, Petersen claims he picked up the phone to warn Briles about the kid and his violent nature (he had beaten up his girlfriend, maybe multiple times). Briles acknowledges talking to Petersen but denies that Petersen ever warned him about anything regarding the player.

Fast forward less than a year and the kid sexually assaults a Baylor women's soccer player. Apparently this got swept under the rug pretty well because it happened back in fall 2013 and never really hit the news until fall 2015. What's worse is that all indications suggest the Baylor coaching staff intended to play the kid this year right up until he was convicted of the sexual assault and sentenced to jail time.

Re: There was a big one in the news early in the season.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:06 PM

I remember hearing about the guy who assaulted the soccer player, and knew that he had been in trouble at Boise, but I didn't realize Petersen had called Briles to warn him. That's terrible.

Re: There was a big one in the news early in the season.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:13 PM

Briles is the scum of the earth

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN has been doing this story for a couple of years now since the first ones broke. Baylor has done nothing and it keeps happening as long as football brings in money. It's disgusting and the whole administration including the coaching staff should be charged. The last guy the coaches were saying they couldn't wait to see him on the field up until he was arrested. They honestly thought it would go away. It's an unbelievable story really.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:05 PM

Didn't Colorado have the same thing happen, and I don't think they've been the same since.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 6:14 PM

Are they trying to follow in the footsteps of FSU?

Jan 31, 2016, 6:18 PM

Looks like they're WAYYYYYYYYY past FSU. This situation is much, much worse.

Jan 31, 2016, 6:33 PM

there was a lot more to FSU's than was reported, going back years. Problem is the police were telling victms to let it go

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to read more about Title IX and sexual assault for context

Jan 31, 2016, 6:47 PM

I don't know enough about the specifics at Baylor, but if anything, Title IX has caused the tables to be entirely stacked against the accused. Much of the publicity around the supposed sexual assault problem on campuses has been driven by feminists with a political agenda.

Look around at some of the cases FIRE has handled, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Universities aren't really equipped to handle sexual assault cases, which is why they've largely allowed legal authorities to handle those cases. Now, because of the Title IX letter that was written, universities are just suspending and expelling students without due process.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 6:48 PM

Art briles is hugh freeze southwest

Jan 31, 2016, 7:00 PM

Yeah, no. I wouldn't compare Hugh freeze to art briles. That actually an absurd comparison.

Jan 31, 2016, 7:07 PM

High school guys that get jobs at doormats and start recruiting like a Swinney? No similarity?

In the words og Coach Irvin "Come on Man"

Jan 31, 2016, 8:14 PM

Briles lack of morality and his you can't touch me, I'll do whatever I want attitude is nothing like Hugh freeze. I live in Memphis and knew Hugh freeze when he was a high school coach at briarcrest, he's nothing like art briles. I can tell you after knowing him and meeting coach swinney on occasion, he's far more like dabo. He may get a little ambitious with his tactics but he wouldn't stand for the things going on at baylor. He told his best player to pack up and not bother showing up for the bowl game for getting high and falling out a window. Not to mention he had already kicked his brother of the team.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic