Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Can Clemson make the CFB Playoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Can Clemson make the CFB Playoff?

Oct 23, 2015, 10:15 AM

WATCH: Can Clemson make the CFB Playoff?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#17 on wheat, dbl. meat, and drag it thru the garden...

Oct 23, 2015, 10:23 AM

Easy on the oil and vinegar... To go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #17 on wheat, dbl. meat, and drag it thru the garden...

Oct 23, 2015, 12:31 PM

You sir, are brilliate

So Mattich uses Louisville film to say

Oct 23, 2015, 10:37 AM

we can't enforce our will against defensive lines when we dominated in the A-Gap for that entire game and have run blocked well all season except for against BC, and then Heather Dinich pulls out that axe she has to grind with the ACC now that she's been promoted and doesn't cover the conference anymore.

How does she still have a job there?!

Oct 23, 2015, 10:37 AM

When she belongs at subway

5 Undefeated Conference Champions?

Oct 23, 2015, 10:38 AM

Only when you have 11 channels and 24 hours of airtime do you have time to discuss the preposterous scenario of 5 undefeated conference champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Danich makes me want

Oct 23, 2015, 10:42 AM

to walk off a cliff. Annoys me for some reason...

She was assigned that duty as a job requirement.

Oct 23, 2015, 10:47 AM

I'd be surprised if a fiction writer wasn't hired to write these scr-ipts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no, no, don't do that

Oct 23, 2015, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Danich makes me want ]

Much better to drag her to the cliff and push her off

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doh! I just read the subject lines before I posted.

Oct 23, 2015, 12:04 PM

My bad.

No, just push her off a cliff, better for your health.

Oct 23, 2015, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Danich makes me want ]

And frankly, who cares about hers.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Can Clemson make the CFB Playoff?

Oct 23, 2015, 10:42 AM

That girl is an idiot.

Oct 23, 2015, 10:47 AM

I don't ask my wife for a football opinion...and at least she's athletic. Why the heck would I want Heather's opinion on anything other than, perhaps...oh, choice of sweater colors? Has she even bowled before...golfed...putt-putt? As she ever even broken a sweat? SMH....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With that scenario sammich presented...

Oct 23, 2015, 10:45 AM

it's likely the POC will find us unworthy for the playoff. Before you start TDing my ### into oblivion remember I've been telling you this was ESPiN's story line from the ending of the last bowl season.

If you keep pounding an idea such as, the sec is by far the best conference or the ACC, in this case is the weakest conference, into the minds of unsuspecting victims they will eventually believe it.

We wouldn't be in this situation had the dumbazzes on the POC not excluded a one loss Big 12 team in lieu of a one loss SEC team last year. Take your TDs out on ESPiN and it's POC.

All that being said neither Baylor, TCU nor Utah nor LSU will escape a loss and an undefeated Clemson is sure spot as long as our QB breaks less than two legs or goes blind in less than two eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With that scenario sammich presented...

Oct 23, 2015, 10:51 AM

She also acts like our schedule will be so soft. If we beat FSU and go undefeated through the ACC Championship game, we could have faced and beaten 2 teams in the top 15 whose only loss is to us (ND and FSU) and beaten a Coastal representative who could possibly be 11-1 going into the Championship game. Not sure how beating 3 top 20 teams wouldn't be as good as any other resume in the country.

Did she mention Oklahoma?

Oct 23, 2015, 10:57 AM

Because I think I remember when we played them last.

PUHLEEZE....

Oct 23, 2015, 11:50 AM

Didn't you get that memo from the "Worldwide leader in sports" Bowl games don't count because if one of the teams doesn't want to be there because they believed they should have been in a bigger bowl, it's not really a fair assessment of a teams greatness.....see, bowl games are just so....BCS.

One thing is for sure.

Oct 23, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: With that scenario sammich presented... ]

If we go undefeated we have the best resume' in the country. Even if LSU goes undefeated the only reason they compare is because of their over rated conference mates not their schedule.

Heather. Sammich.

Oct 23, 2015, 11:19 AM

Now.

espn talking points...push one loss Stanford

Oct 23, 2015, 11:34 AM

To hide their bias of REALLY pushing one loss Alabama.

Oct 23, 2015, 12:28 PM

Lets not get too worked up over this because the reality of 5 undefeated power fives is VERY slim to none. Keep winning Tigers!

flame me if you want....

Oct 23, 2015, 1:11 PM

and I know you want it....

but seriously, Clemson is (imho) very much at risk for winning out and still not making the playoff because two or possibly even three 1-loss teams have been slotted above them by the committee.

Hide your heads in the sand if you want but I honestly don't think that Clemson gets picked for the playoff over

a 1-loss Florida,
a 1-loss LSU even if they're the 2nd team from the SEC picked,
a 1-loss Stanford,
a 1-loss Big 12 champ between TCU and Baylor - just because they didn't get in last year,
a 1-loss Ohio State that somehow didn't make it into the B1GCG.

Those are given comparisons that we just don't win with all the national media and polliwogs.

Then there's a 1-loss Notre Dame who has only a 2-point loss to us at an away game, and a whole lot of national cache and political clout.

I also think there would be some conversation about slotting in a 1-loss Iowa whose only loss was to Ohio State in the B1CCG.

And since the American Athletic is something like 5-0 against the ACC this year, an undefeated AAC champ would at least have an argument against us. Let Temple beat Notre Dame next week and that argument gets even louder.

Also let Notre Dame lose a couple of games and FSU get thrashed by Florida and our SOS goes to hail in a hand basket overnight.

There's still whole lot of work to be done fellas. Time to start cleaning the guns...

Well first LSU and or Florida will take each other out....

Oct 23, 2015, 3:03 PM

....and thats if Florida beats Georgia because if Georgia wins that game then and they win out Georgia represents the East. Clemson needs to beat FSU and have them and Notre Dame win out which would give Clemson wins over 2 top 10 teams because if both win out they are in the top 10 at the end of the year. Plus there are 3 teams in the Coastal with 1 loss and I could see one of them coming into the Championship game at 10-2 which may even put them into the top 15 and I would dare anyone to find a team with 2 top 10 wins and a top 15 win (outside the SEC because God knows they will over rank those teams just to enhance their schedules). As far as the AAC goes say what you but they aren't getting in no matter how hard they argue. A 2 loss team would get in before a Group of 5 team. Plus the SEC has almost as many losses to Group of 5 conference teams as you say the ACC has so that argument is void and nullified they're not getting in. Also there is so many other national pundits that say Clemson will be in if they win out so why get worked up over 2 peoples opinion who have been shown to have bias toward certain conferences and teams....

ESPN isn't the committee...

Oct 23, 2015, 5:25 PM [ in reply to flame me if you want.... ]

the committee looks at the actual games and how they were won, not the potential ratings of each matchup.

ESPN can push their agenda all they want. Then they'll just act surprised when the rankings finally come out and Clemson is comfortably in the top four.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Heather, the ACC CG is vs FSU reg season.***

Oct 23, 2015, 2:35 PM

Who cares what she says....I don't!***

Oct 23, 2015, 3:27 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic