Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN ratings down more than any other sports network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

ESPN ratings down more than any other sports network

Jul 22, 2015, 12:39 PM

Interested read, and shows that the mothership is alienating a lot of college football fans.

I used to watch sports center every morning, Dvrd Parden the interruption and College football live every day as well. Now I have cancelled my top tier cable package and don't even have ESPN anymore. And it doesn't bother me one bit.

http://deadspin.com/espns-ratings-are-way-down-this-year-whats-the-matte-722030528

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, this was from 2 years ago.***

Jul 22, 2015, 12:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colin Cowherd going to Fox Sports

Jul 22, 2015, 12:43 PM

He's my favorite person on ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we shall see how that goes.

Jul 22, 2015, 12:47 PM

I listen to his show on my way to lunch, but most every day I he makes a statements that anybody not nervous to be on the air could destroy him over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, we shall see how that goes.

Jul 22, 2015, 12:50 PM

I hardly ever watch ESECNP anymore. All the SEC hype turned me off the network. I have
the SEC Network on my cable and also refuse to watch that channel.

I don't watch ESPN anymore other than games.

Jul 22, 2015, 12:53 PM

I don't understand why so many of you waste your time with the extra key strokes to ESECPN, you failed to get that right. I will watch the SEC Network though...When the gamecocks are in the midts of blowing 4th quarter leads.

i would not care if he was banned by all networks***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Colin Cowherd going to Fox Sports ]

Re: Well, this was from 2 years ago.***

Jul 22, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Well, this was from 2 years ago.*** ]

I noticed that, but would imagine they have only continued to fall.

There is nothing worth watching anymore on it of me, except actual live sports which they really don't have a lot of until college football season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are probably right about that.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:03 PM

Probably why they pulled the Jenner stunt. I do know they are still in full cost cutting mode. I'm wondering if the SEC Network didn't cost them a bit more than expected.

Re: ESPN ratings down more than any other sports network

Jul 22, 2015, 12:43 PM

I don't watch it either. If I want to listen to a bunch of hyped up BS, I can always watch CNN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2015, 12:58 PM

Or FOX

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Excited for Colin on Fox!

Jul 22, 2015, 1:02 PM

Less restrictions. His show will be awesome!

What time is he going to be on?***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:04 PM

Re: Excited for Colin on Fox!

Jul 22, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Excited for Colin on Fox! ]

I WOULD LISTEN TO QUALK BEFORE I LISTENED TO THAT HACK CLEMSON HATER. AND THAT SAYS A LOT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excited for Colin on Fox!

Jul 22, 2015, 1:20 PM

I listen to him everyday and not once have I heard a negative comment towards Clemson.

Well, some years ago. Maybe 2009 or before, he

Jul 22, 2015, 1:22 PM

brought up that the returning O-line didn't have very many snaps.

Well he's getting 6 million a year at Fox

Jul 22, 2015, 1:31 PM

And apparently ESPN matched and tried everything to keep him, but he wanted to leave. I don't think he's getting banned anytime soon. He's extremely popular. I love his show. It is intelligent and funny.

Getting banned? Where does that come from?***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:34 PM

Jul 22, 2015, 1:18 PM

I only watch ESPN when there's a ball game on I want to watch. I don't watch any of their analists shows, any Sportscenter, or listen to any of their radio shows. They've got people on there with such an over inflated ego I couldn't stand to hear it anymore. Usually when I watch the ballgames on there I turn the sound down, especially if Clemson is on, I listen to the radio for sound.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is more personality and less sports

Jul 22, 2015, 3:53 PM

ESPN has become a bunch of self righteous liberals who are more worried about how players feel rather than the tactical differences of the teams. I do not care how a player feels. I want to know why one team will beat the other.

Same here, use to be sportscenter in morning

Jul 22, 2015, 1:35 PM

PTI, around the horn, college football live in the afternoon.... now I only watch during football and thats bc I have no other options. eSECpns lovest with the SEC and liberal/progressive propaganda has killed their viewership.

Unfortunately, the more viewership falters at ESPN, the more

Jul 22, 2015, 1:50 PM

they'll be advertising SEC related athletic events from which they depend on so much revenue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2015, 2:54 PM

Eventually, one would hope, they will realize that the vast majority of their audience doesn't live in the SEC footprint. They disenfranchise the east coast, northeast, most of the southwest, the west coast, northwest and the mid-west markets and populations.

What goes around comes around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic