Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Too much negativity in college football these days?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,587

Too much negativity in college football these days?

Sep 25, 2019, 9:10 PM

Every time I see or hear people talking about college football it's always about how much certain teams "suck" , how overrated others are, how weak schedules are etc etc.

Why is there such a negative tone over the sport? Like I listened to Walt rant for an hour today about how every team in America sucks. And that's the general consensus on radio and forums. Is it just an avenue for people to take anger out?

I feel like that type of tone greatly damages the hard work that the players and coaches of all programs put in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's The Media in General....If You Wanna Feel Good About

Sep 25, 2019, 9:13 PM

Something go wreck someone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN and SEC fans are the culprits***

Sep 25, 2019, 9:14 PM

Oh really?***

Sep 26, 2019, 8:00 AM

Re: Too much negativity in college football these days?

Sep 25, 2019, 9:24 PM

It was not a problem last year...Every news broadcast started with the "greatest team of all time" and continued to praise the bleeding tide. And the rest of the conference got the benefit of the doubt because they were having to play the "GOAT'....It really started turning, and is the way it is now because of some 44-16 nonsense that happened in January... All of the announcers got egg on their face and are taking it out on everybody!!! At least, that is the way I see it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 9:27 PM

Agree 100%! Thanks so much for articulating this as it needed to be said. Young people are working their tails off and don’t deserve to be berated if they aren’t the best. Follow Dabo’s lead and lift people up. It’s a winning way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 9:41 PM

Smart people remember that "what goes around, comes around."

It's all positive with the Tigers...

Sep 25, 2019, 10:49 PM

Let the other programs wallow in their negativity.

Too much negativity everywhere, just watch the news

Sep 26, 2019, 6:52 AM

It is the society we live in now. Look at when there is something like a turnover they don't show the teams fans that turned it over, they show the team that fumbled and all of the "cobra heads" in disbelief.
Like the pick 6 in the championship game, they focused on the bama cobra head and only a flicker of us cheering.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:26 AM

Social media, media in general, everyone wants a hot take. Back in my day,80's, I loved everything college football, except ND,USC,Miami,OHNO St,Mich, but loved all of the traditions, entrances and game day environments of different schools. I watched Acc game at noon, Sec game at 3:30. Loved it, now ur supposed to hate everything not ur team. I get the media p1sses us off Fromm time to time but now anything said at all is bitched about. For me ,I sit back and watch and enjoy the pageantry of it all, and have a couple of cocktails. Another thing I don't get is why so many people are on their phones posting during a game? I look on Sunday morning and so many in game threads. How about sit back and enjoy the game, a lot less stress in ur life, prolly won't need a safe place if u do so.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:30 AM

That's why I don't listen to talk radio, even on the sports stations.

There is negativity everywhere

Sep 26, 2019, 7:44 AM

I refuse to let it interfere with the enjoyment of watching my Tigers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 26, 2019, 8:13 AM

I agree and I think it’s the system in place where every little aspect of these teams is scrutinized to pick the top 4 teams that has led to this.

If they had a real playoff system like every other sport where teams simply won their conference or division to make the playoffs this nonsense would stop.

Agree. And here is why....

Sep 26, 2019, 9:12 AM

Unfortunately in our society today, if you are not THE winner, you are nothing. We don't value the Super Bowl finalists. Best case is Buffalo Bills many years ago when they consistently went to Super bowl and lost (most times in a very close game), and fans viewed them as losers. SHAMEFUL..They were better than all the other teams who didnt get to the Super Bowl.

This explains why SCAR fans are so miserable right now. They will likely NEVER win a National Championship. They see Bama and UGA and Clemson as major roadblocks that are not going away.

Just sayn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the talk shows, they can take the fun out of anything ,

Sep 26, 2019, 9:41 AM

that is why I so seldom listen. stupid , nit-picky, unrealistic, naïve, ..you name it ,

Sep 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

It's because sensationalism sells.

To get people's attention somebody either has to be the greatest or worst.

Nobody wants to hear how most teams are pretty average and will play really well at times and will make a lot of mistakes other times.

Balance is boring.

This is also why many Clemson fans get restless or negative during games when we take too many plays to score or when we have to punt. Or on defense when we give up a couple of first downs before a punt.

I'm trying hard to fight those feelings with the high expectations because they can take the joy out of an overall good/great product in Clemson's case.

Maybe we can all take lessons from these people:

Sep 26, 2019, 10:16 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET--Its-a-blast-No-bad-attitudes-as-ClemsonLIFE-visits-the-Tigers-at-practice-1931570?tstart=0

once again, its rampant today

Oct 7, 2019, 3:32 PM

have barely heard a positive word about anyone on the radio today

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic