Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN Power Ranking has SCAR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

ESPN Power Ranking has SCAR

Sep 5, 2017, 12:49 AM

This is a joke right? #24 based on the fact that they barely beat NC State? Really?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and considering NCSt doubled (or more) usuck in

Sep 5, 2017, 1:25 AM

total yardage, first downs and number of plays, you come immediately to the realization that the wolfies also doubled the chickens in turnovers and crucial mistakes. Much like the unc game in the same stadium a couple of years ago, the chickens were gifted a win by dumbazzness on the part of their opponent.......and coaches don't escape blame either. I didn't think it possible for Muschump to look like a good coach, but Dave Doeren did exactly that.....

let'em crow and espouse stupidity about a conference that refused to allow them back, the chickens will struggle to make a tertiary bowl playing a cupcake schedule

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and considering NCSt doubled (or more) usuck in

Sep 5, 2017, 3:32 AM

Totally agree with you. You made some good points in your post.

While watching the Bama/FSU game I had a chance to discuss SC's (So called) win against NC State with 4 Gamecock fans. These guys had more realistic expectations for the coots for this years team than most delusional coot fans who thank JB is DW reincarnated! These SC fans even agreed 7 wins would be pushing it and that JB was an above average but not the spectacular superstar he thinks he is.

We all agreed that the offense has several holes: O-Line, running game, other than Deebo Samuels average at WR position, weak defensive line and DB's average in coverage protection and no depth.

They also admitted NC State basically choked and should have won the game. They admitted you take away State's turn overs and SC loses by 7 to 14 points.

These guys know their football based on how they discussed the game and these were true Gamecock fans. When I ask them about there chances against Clemson they just laughed and said they hoped this years score would not be worse than last years score. Also, they brought up the bad officiating. For example the Miss pass interference call and the spot for the first down late in the 2nd half was bad.

We both agreed instant replay has done very little to improve officiating. In fact, in some ways college officials have become worse. They can spend 10 minutes reviewing a play and still get it wrong. With so much money involved in college football these days, quality officiating has become more important than ever. But each week some bonehead ref seems to find away to blow the most obvious of calls.

IMO all of the sports analysts who have projected SC is a contender for the east are trying to figure out ways to keep coot fans engaged so they will continue to read their articles, buy sports magazines, news papers etc.... I think they know SC is just an average team but if they come out and print that it will cost them $$$$.

I would hate to have the job as the beat writer for the coots. It has to be extremely difficult to find something positive to write about coot football every week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good

Sep 5, 2017, 6:57 AM [ in reply to and considering NCSt doubled (or more) usuck in ]

SCAR vs. UNC and now NCST certainly come to mind.

Both games were essentially gift-wrapped to pretty bad SCAR teams. Still think the ##### win 5-7 games this year, nothing has changed.

NCST is still the same team they've always been, good enough to win, but bad enough to figure out how to lose games they shouldn't.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic