Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN JUCO Top 50
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

ESPN JUCO Top 50

Jan 5, 2014, 9:56 AM

is like a "Who's Who" list of SEC oversigners .... yikes .... also noticed FSU is starting to delve into JUCO signings more prominently (correlation to their recent success?)

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/juco/sort/rank/class/2014

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still don't understand why we can't go after JC players

Jan 5, 2014, 10:37 AM

I heard once it was academics, but Rice University signs JC players and we ain't no Rice. We could have used a couple for sure this year with the number of juniors that appear to be leaving.

Half of the committed players are going to the SEC. No wonder they continue to be the top conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is academics

Jan 5, 2014, 10:40 AM

But not like your thinking. Clemson does not have majors that allow transfer credits from JCs to count. That means JC players who want to come to clemson must start over with no credits for their major. A very difficult pitch for recruiting. Dabo has made an effort to add these transfers for some majors. Hopefully it will pay off.

null

In other words, Clemson must create useless majors so that

Jan 5, 2014, 1:21 PM

JUCO transfers can pretend to be four-year college students. I think the biggest travesty of professional American football and basketball is that their feeder systems for players hail from colleges instead of minor league or club teams (like soccer in Europe and South America).

Re: ESPN JUCO Top 50

Jan 5, 2014, 11:58 AM

I just checked out what most of the players major in and notice a strong lean to Sociology and Sports Recreation and Camp Management. It seems there might be a path in one of those majors for Juco transfers. Granted most of the electives might be used before they enter but with two years and four summer sessions it seems there is a way to get a Juco player or two. Also noticed that all conferences had players on the top 50 list committed to a school. It seems odd that Clemson hasn't been able to find a way in the past 50 years to tweet a program to allow for more jucos since they have had them in the past and probably have a few on campus now in some sport.

We could definitely use OT Jordan Prestwood that has

Jan 5, 2014, 1:29 PM

visited Auburn, Fl State, and South Carolina.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic