Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,110

ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC

Sep 9, 2012, 10:48 AM

Is anybody else seeing that the news networks are aligning with conferences. Fox Sports just hired Erin Andrews, NBC just released a network and they already have tie ins to Notre Dame, and ESPN doesn’t care about any sports other than SEC.

I could see in the near future that the sports networks will resemble the news media similar to Fox News vs CNN. It’ll be interesting to see how each of their agendas impact the selection committee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well of couse they are b/c every network now has its own

Sep 9, 2012, 10:50 AM

sports network(s) and want to get in on the college sports action. The only way to do that is to sign individual conferences, not sports as a whole.

I've also observed this

Sep 9, 2012, 10:58 AM

and I agree it is just like news networks, which means sports is about to get really bad because news is unwatchable at this point unless you're into Jerry Springer quality.

Unfortunately, we don't even have a pony in the race since we're espn's plan b (and Raycom's hero!). I would've taken NBC over espn even though most people hate their sunday night nfl coverage. espn has gotten so bad that mark may has become possibly their best analyst. 5 years ago I had a vendetta against him for being so bad.

I'm thinking about it some more, and we should be

Sep 9, 2012, 11:05 AM

grateful we have basketball to sell in the ACC otherwise, we'd be taking bids from the wb. We really need strong leadership in the league office, or we could fall behind rapidly. Each network is going to dump money and spread the word about their conference to improve their product. We're taking in Pitt next year to improve our stock.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,110
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic