Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson slips in latest ESPN Heisman Watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson slips in latest ESPN Heisman Watch

Sep 10, 2015, 12:01 PM

Watson slips in latest ESPN Heisman Watch

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not surprising...

Sep 10, 2015, 12:05 PM

Early on, they are hyping the crud out of their SEC guys, their SEC team, their SEC cool aid, their SEC homers, and their SEC selves.

...Now after the Louisville, ND, GT stretch, if Watson puts up ridiculous numbers against all three, taking down their ND hype along with it, they'll be singing another tune...or show an obvious bias.

Re: Not surprising...

Sep 10, 2015, 7:21 PM

I think they really see Watson as a real threat to their sec boyz, and they are really trying to put pressure on Watson. I do not trust or believe in anything they say, do, or hype. To me they are the upper part of a pile of goat chit, the part where the flies pile on for the smelliest part of the stink!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprising...

Sep 10, 2015, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Not surprising... ]

The report lost me when it called those hacks at ESPiN ....experts .
ESPin reporters are to expert as Burger King fare is to fine dining .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

bet he gets invited to NY***

Sep 10, 2015, 12:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson slips in latest ESPN Heisman Watch

Sep 10, 2015, 12:07 PM

He played about half a game while everyone else fought tooth and nail to impress some idiot talking-head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So biased.. But just keep winning!

Sep 10, 2015, 12:08 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Running Up Score on Woffie Would Have Helped

Sep 10, 2015, 12:12 PM

Too many meaningless polls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah Running Up Score on Woffie Would Have Helped

Sep 10, 2015, 7:24 PM

To many meaningless idiots in what could have been a good pole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2015, 12:17 PM

Really JT barrett. He doesn't even start. Come on ESPN

Sep 10, 2015, 12:22 PM

How does he move to #1 in QB Power Rankings but falls behind a bunch of other QBs in the Heisman poll

Anything with Andrea Adelson is BS

Sep 10, 2015, 12:26 PM

just saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is you'd say that about anything any woman wrote about sports

Sep 10, 2015, 12:30 PM

Heather Sammich, or whoever else. Adelaon actually does a good job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is you'd say that about anything any woman wrote about sports

Sep 10, 2015, 12:33 PM

Haha yeah now I'm a sexist because I don't like a writer who happens to be a women. Go home bro. Your thinking of heather deinch she use to cover the ACC blog on ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Guess

Sep 10, 2015, 12:33 PM

The voters just haven't seen him play. No way they could have any media bias. It has to be that they just haven't seen DW.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or that they're looking at his numbers

Sep 10, 2015, 12:36 PM

194 yards and 2 TDs is modest. Of course, it was because he didn't actually play all that much. If he averages 194 and 2 TDs for the year, he probably won't get a lot of Heisman talk. Of course, the expectation is that those numbers will go up a lot.

Re: Or that they're looking at his numbers

Sep 10, 2015, 4:15 PM

Don't know his minutes played, but they weren't many. Had he played the whole game, his numbers might have been off the charts. But, then we would have been trounced in the press because we beat a little team by 100 pts. I will grant you that, if we want him to have a strong chance at the trophy, he we have to leave him in games to pad his stats as much as possible. If that's what it takes, he has no chance, because Dabo won't do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2015, 7:53 PM

The Heisman trophy is a personal award that ESECPN has helped in making it an on going funny joke!!!

Sep 10, 2015, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Or that they're looking at his numbers ]

Yeah those numbers were over 5 series. Imagine if he'd played the whole game. He was 5-5 for touchdowns per drive.

It's not that great of an award to win...

Sep 10, 2015, 12:46 PM

You're career usually tanks in the NFL, and there's a solid chance the rest of your life may crumble as well. That being said, I think those three tosu fellows can represent the award very well.

"ESPN Experts"????

Sep 10, 2015, 12:56 PM

True definition of oxymoron.

Not according to Vegas.***

Sep 10, 2015, 1:05 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That's b/c they already decided Braxton gets it for the spin***

Sep 10, 2015, 1:13 PM

Should've scored 2 touchdowns per drive***

Sep 10, 2015, 1:29 PM

Remember when Kenny Hill was #1

Sep 10, 2015, 1:30 PM

in the Heisman votes this time last year? Yeah...

wate... wuht?***

Sep 10, 2015, 2:23 PM

I can type....I'm an expert!!! on anything I can type about!

Sep 10, 2015, 2:37 PM

Whopdee Freakin' Doooooo!!!!!!!!!!

WHO CARES???

Sep 10, 2015, 2:44 PM

I mean who really gives a #### about all that? Do you want a Heisman winner or a NC? Manziel, RG3 won a Heisman but has no hardware for their team. As long as we get those Ws then I don't give a #### about Heisman talk...I'm sure DW4 would tell you the same. JUST WIN BABY, WIN!!!

Sep 10, 2015, 4:00 PM

He will move back up after he rips Notre Dame apart on national TV ;)

Sep 10, 2015, 4:51 PM

I don't think this is a surprise..had Watson played the whole game..I guarantee he would have had over 500 yds and double the TDs..expect his numbers to go up when we play against stiffer competition

This is a POINTLESS award

Sep 10, 2015, 6:45 PM

....that is good for draft status (which isn't all that pointless), but there sure are some serious flaws in the qualifications for this award. For example: "The Heisman is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work." So the most outstanding players are happening to mostly play for a top 5 team? And they happen to be mostly QB's and Running Backs? Pursuit of excellence with integrity? Jameis Winston? Was there not another guy pursuing excellence that had integrity? I lost faith in this award when Woody Dantzler wasn't even mentioned and further solidified my loss of faith when it passed by CJ Spiller. Play ball Deshaun - you're a bigger person than any award will bestow on you - especially this one.

Re: This is a POINTLESS award

Sep 10, 2015, 7:56 PM

H&LL YES!!! If I had a son in FB, I would pray they wouldn't pin the biggest joke in college FB on my son. Even the character of a Jameis Winston can have one!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic