»
Topic: ESECPN
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 2, 2018 11:39 AM by: clemsonbluejay
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

ESECPN

[2]
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 10:48 AM

There is one piece of news to report today. Why did Kirby make such a stupid 4th down call? NOT ONE WORD. Instead we get 4 hours of speculation. We’ll know the answers to all those questions at noon. But I still want to know what Kirby was thinking. That play was extremely high risk and it was OBVIOUS that it was not there.....TOTALLY OBVIOUS. DUMBEST CALL ALL YEAR, BY A MILE!!! Somebody needs to do their job and report on that.

You Are Not a Top 4 Team With a Bottom 10 Coach***

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 10:49 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Brain Shart - not Smart.***

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 10:53 AM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: ESECPN

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:05 AM

Here's the thing. When you know you are going to lose unless you change the momentum, you HAVE to make a call like that. This is why I don't give any props or criticicism to those who do. I think Saban knew he would lose to us in the title game 3 years ago, Bowden in Puntrooskie game, etc. Smart knew the tide had turned and unless he could change that, they we're going to get an L. That said, seeing Bama in base defense, it should have been called off.

4+ minutes... PUNT.***

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:15 AM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:22 AM

Agreed. He knew he had to score and run out the clock. Still doesn't mean he's not an idiot.

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:24 AM

But they did report on it. SVP interviewed Kirby live on his show and asked him specifically.

[1]
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:26 AM

Kirby smart has explained why he did it multiple times.

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:38 AM

I didn’t see it, what was the answer?

What I saw was 8 defenders in the box, long yardage to convert and they ran it right into the strength of the defense.

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:39 AM

It’s a play they had in for a while, back to last season. Been waiting to use it. It was open, but they took too long to snap it and by the time they did the uncovered receiver was covered. Says if they snapped it early it would have worked.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Wake Forest game. Venmo, ApplePay, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal f...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
658 people have read this post