Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: 12 Tigers listed on Steele's Preseason All-ACC List
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: 12 Tigers listed on Steele's Preseason All-ACC List

Jun 1, 2015, 12:37 PM

12 Tigers listed on Steele's Preseason All-ACC List

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: 12 Tigers listed on Steele's Preseason All-ACC List

Jun 1, 2015, 12:40 PM

How in the HECK is MA not listed first team defense???? I thought he was one of the better defensive backs in the league last year!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2015, 9:44 AM

That's what happens when QB's won't throw the ball to his side of the field or his cover zone, you don't get noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, no Ben Boulware?

Jun 1, 2015, 12:55 PM

No Ben Boulware and also Mack Alexander on 3rd team are the things that confuse me the most.

null

Heck, DJ Reader deserves 4th team consideration at least

Jun 1, 2015, 1:00 PM

The chip on this defense's collective shoulder should be massive this season.

Re: Also, no Ben Boulware?

Jun 1, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Also, no Ben Boulware? ]

This list should be posted in every locker in Clemson.

Re: Also, no Ben Boulware?

Jun 2, 2015, 9:49 AM

It should be a must read before entering any FB practicing facility on Clemson campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the very first choice casts a shadow over the rest of

Jun 1, 2015, 1:08 PM

all 4 teams....selecting Justin Thomas ahead of Deshaun Watson is just comical....and Thomas had a good showing last season....and there aren't very many FlaSt selections in the first couple of teams

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the very first choice casts a shadow over the rest of

Jun 1, 2015, 2:51 PM

agreed. I'm not even that mad that Watson is 2nd considering he was hurt most of last season, but to put Thomas 1st team??? seriously? This list is way off base. Mac, Lawson, and Kearse should not be 3rd team.

Jun 1, 2015, 1:09 PM

Wait Andy Teasdall is already the 4th best punter in the ACC. Mack and Jayron should have been 2nd team at least.

Phil Steele is a joke

Jun 1, 2015, 1:16 PM

I've been reading his pre-season lists for 10+ years and they get funnier every time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's pretty much the best of the pre-season magazine

Jun 1, 2015, 5:42 PM

guys. Granted that isn't a huge accomplishment, but i think he does a pretty good job all things considered.

If you look at his percentages, better than most. This just

Jun 1, 2015, 6:42 PM

goes to show that no one can accurately evaluate depth and non-starters from the previous year unless you have the resources of a Vegas Book. 11 non-starters with over 200 snaps from last year doesn't bode well in rankings but certainly bodes well as far as experience.... experience that basically goes unnoticed in these preseason slobberfests. We're gonna' be fine on BOTH sides of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you look at his percentages, better than most. This just

Jun 2, 2015, 12:19 AM

So well said! I agree 100%! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phil Steele is a joke

Jun 2, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Phil Steele is a joke ]

Even though we all know that this is a joke coming from a moron. It still rubs us the wrong way bc it's a bad joke coming from a POS that isn't qualified to judge one of ours that he's hardly ever seen play.

Jun 1, 2015, 2:13 PM

I typically think that he is close with predicting team success. However, I just can't fathom a world in which anyone actually thinks Justin Thomas is better than Deshaun Watson. Heck even if he was better, his whole offense left and all 3 of DW's receivers are on the list. Reason would lead one to believe that someone who was 1 or 2 in the nation in passer rating as a true freshman who has 3 ALL ACC WRs, an ALL ACC back, 2 ALL ACC OL and 2 5 star receivers coming in, would be a Heisman candidate not a 2nd team conference selection.

Jun 1, 2015, 2:14 PM

Also, the fact that Kearse, Alexander and Lawson aren't 1st team is as equally disturbing.

I think he's undervaluing Alexander, but why should Kearse

Jun 1, 2015, 5:47 PM

be 1st team? Or even Lawson for that matter? Kearse has a ton of potential, but he's been really boom or bust so far in his career. His upside is 1st team all-ACC, but i think he needs to earn it.

Re: I think he's undervaluing Alexander, but why should Kearse

Jun 1, 2015, 6:08 PM

Jeremy Cash is a stud and Quin Blanding is the best safety in the ACC if not the country. Lawson and Mack should have been no worse than second team and I think there is an argument for Kearse as second team too.

Jun 2, 2015, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I think he's undervaluing Alexander, but why should Kearse ]

Kearse is probably second team behind Cash and Blanding but I think he has more upside than both. Alexander should be 1st team and Lawson should be as well. He played behind an All American and 1st round draft pick and still has the highest tackle for loss per play from returning ACC DL.

Jun 2, 2015, 11:46 AM

I'm sensing a lot of Tigers playing with massive chips on their shoulders...both nationally and in the conference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC sure looked pretty craptastic last year

Jun 1, 2015, 5:19 PM

to have so many players listed. I mean they got skull drug by a team we beat 40-0 at the end of the year. I guess that is what a team of all ACC talent looks like.

Andy Teasdall?

Jun 1, 2015, 9:02 PM

I hope he is good and all but... what's going on with the other punters in the ACC that a first year starter is the 4th best?

Justin Thomas, GT, Preseason All-ACC 1st Team

Jun 1, 2015, 10:44 PM

Interesting pick based on:

1) No GT WR's selected on any of 4 All-ACC teams
2) He beat Clemson last year when we had the top Defense in the Country (and injured D-Wat)
3) Most of GT Offense returns
4) We will get GT in trap game at home this year after coming off high against ND the week before

Paul Johnson is a quality pain-in-the-a$$ competitive coach with some big I-AA and I-A wins. Can't wait to kick their a$$ in T-Town!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EFFFF.GT!!!! They won't be a problem this year

Jun 1, 2015, 11:03 PM

With coaches not.too stupid to win!

Re: Justin Thomas, GT, Preseason All-ACC 1st Team

Jun 2, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Justin Thomas, GT, Preseason All-ACC 1st Team ]

Thoughts from a GT Fan:

1) No GT WR's selected on any of 4 All-ACC teams

GT lost two WR's to the NFL. We have Summers who has 19 starts, and Jeune another big body GT WR, but we are inexperienced at WR. I agree with Steele.

2) He beat Clemson last year when we had the top Defense in the Country (and injured D-Wat)

Your DL was the toughest we faced last year. 14 points came from our D. D-Wat moved the ball but did not score. That was GT's best game of the season on D. JT5 hit Smelter on the come-back route 3 or 4 times to keep drives alive / eat clock.

3) Most of GT Offense returns

9 of 10 OL return, the one loss was All-America Shaq Mason who was drafted by the Patriots. No returning B-Backs (Fullback) 3 returning A-Backs (slot back). There is more potential talent with the incoming / returning backs, but I am worried about A-Back blocking and B-Back fumbling.

4) We will get GT in trap game at home this year after coming off high against ND the week before

You don't know how right you are. Not only is the game right after we beat those slow yankees up in Indiana, but it is Mid-terms...and GT has played horrible football after mid-terms the past 5 years. Loss to Duke last season for example. I am putting GT @ Clemson as a 75% loss. Now the rematch in Charlotte....

Bottom line. Justin Thomas in CPJ's offense is the perfect fit. He will not set passing records, because GT runs the ball 80% of the time. He does run the option to perfection....and has speed and quickness we have been dreaming about in Atlanta. Is he the best NFL prospect at QB in the ACC...no. Is he the best QB for his team in the ACC.....yes.

Re: Justin Thomas, GT, Preseason All-ACC 1st Team

Jun 2, 2015, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Justin Thomas, GT, Preseason All-ACC 1st Team ]

Most of the GT offense returns is false from a production standpoint. GT lost 9 skill players off of the depth chart last year including starters at all 5 positions (2 WR, 2 AB, 1 BB plus depth)

Only 1 OL lost,

Jun 2, 2015, 3:54 PM

I hope our D takes this personal!!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic