Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
E-TICKETS STUBHUB SEAT GEEK ETC...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,151

E-TICKETS STUBHUB SEAT GEEK ETC...

Sep 11, 2017, 10:57 AM

Guys I have a question about use E tickets online to get into games.... I have 4 tickets for the Louisville game that which were email to me with the Barcodes for them to scan. I saw a post where people are getting scammed and I was wondering that if the person I got the tickets from show up to the game before me and use the tickets that were emailed to me before me, would I be SOL? I'm not sure how it work but I know I have buyers protection from Vivid seat but I'll be pissed if I drive all the way up there and can get into the game. I guess I have a misunderstanding of how the E tickets work. TIA!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There isn't anything You can do but hope and

Sep 11, 2017, 11:22 AM

Get a refund if they screw you. Never had an issue with stubhub.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes - If they get there before you their tickets will work

Sep 11, 2017, 11:25 AM

and yours will not. However there are a lot of protections like you mentioned to support the buyer.

This is assuming they actually use barcode scanning for entry, which I imagine they do.

As tickets change hands electronically via reputable sites,

Sep 11, 2017, 11:26 AM

the bar codes change, so you're likely OK. If someone sells you a printed ticket, there are many ways to get screwed that way...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what i understand you will be gauranteed to get in

Sep 11, 2017, 11:27 AM

if someone uses those barcodes then you'll have to call vivid/stubhub/seatgeek and they will get you in with another available seat. At least thats the way i've read it and heard others explain it to me. Because i bought two for the championship in Arizona for alot and was freaked out all the way up until the scanner dinged that it was a legit ticket. So the risk is always there but as long as you bought from the site you should be good. If you bought from another person and your name is not linked with those seats. That might be a problem. BC they won't be able to verify you're the purchaser.

But the guarantee is supposed to get you in the game regardless. Might be another seat and might miss the kick off but you should be able to get in with a phone call. Thats why those fees are so high.

Never had to do all that yet and hope i never do.

Re: E-TICKETS STUBHUB SEAT GEEK ETC...

Sep 11, 2017, 11:30 AM

THANKS ALL FOR THE INFO!!!!! FEEL A LOT BETTER NOT BUT I WILL DEFINITELY BE IN MY SEAT A HOUR PRIOR TO KICKOFF!!!

Sep 11, 2017, 11:55 AM

As someone who has sold tickets on Stubhub, it is my understanding (on that site) that as soon as the tickets are listed on stubhub using the barcode, the barcode on the paper tickets becomes invalid. That way you can't have the problem you describe.

It think even if they don't sell, you might need to remove the listing in order to reinstate the barcode on the paper tickets.

The biggest way people can scam someone is selling paper tickets that have already been sold on a site like stubhub.

Sep 11, 2017, 11:59 AM

If you bought from seatgeek, stubhub, or vivid you'll be fine. All I have buyer protection policy's in place and will get you a equal value or better seat if you can't get in

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic