Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dylan Thompson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Dylan Thompson

Aug 23, 2014, 11:13 PM

I'm not wishing injury on anybody...but what happens to the gamecocks season should Dylan Thompson go down this season? They don't seem to have much depth, which is something you never hear any analyst talk about when it comes to them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you could ask this question

Aug 23, 2014, 11:33 PM

about 99% of teams if they lost their starting qb..

they would still be pretty good with their o-line and mike davis

its their secondary that can't afford any injuries

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you could ask this question

Aug 24, 2014, 1:19 AM

Despite the hype, their OLine has question marks and didn't look good in a couple of their scrimmages. Davis is injury prone and has had heavy dings this preseason, keeping him out of a few practices. I don't think DT is going to light any fires for them, but will manage the game and hope the run game leads the way. But if DT goes down, Spurrier just might throw his shoulder out from slinging that visor so much....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 1:20 AM

Have you seen pics of Davis this year? He looks slightly out of shape, even the old ball sack commented on this.

Aug 24, 2014, 1:56 AM

I live in Cooterville, I've seen Mike Davis... To me, strictly my opinion, he is the example that pre-determined weight gain by football players is not the best thing for every player.. Proper nutrition and great strength & conditioning will give each player their optimum weight gain. Vic Beasley is the example of optimum weight gain to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:08 AM

But but BUTTT, isn't Vic Beastley in Joey Batson's Strength and Conditioning program, how could that be!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 7:55 PM

....why.... yes he is!!! who woulda think sucha thing????!!! ;)

Is that the same Oline that got Mike Davis 22 yards on 18

Aug 24, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to you could ask this question ]

caries against us?

CU put 8 men in the box to eliminate conventional running game

Aug 24, 2014, 10:38 AM

Any team can do that. Clemson wanted a shoot out but we didn't allow it

LOL. You sure didn't. If we could have fielded two punts you

Aug 24, 2014, 5:53 PM

would have had less than 250 yards total offense.The luck runs out this year.

Re: Dylan Thompson

Aug 23, 2014, 11:50 PM

is not all that and a bag of chips.

Go Tigers................

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Aug 24, 2014, 12:07 AM

Losing Thompson for an extended period could be disastrous. Backup Connor Mitch has never taken a collegiate snap. We have to hope that Dylan's tendency to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball will counteract the QB injuries we've had (Shaw running around like a madman).

If Dylan gets dinged up and Mitch has to play a quarter, we'll be fine.

But if he has to play an entire game against the better teams on our schedule I wouldn't feel as confident. I guess you say that about most any teams backup QB though.

Aug 24, 2014, 12:08 AM

I'm pretty confident in our backup!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

watching SC spring game replay tonight ... they're back up QB's looked awful!

Aug 24, 2014, 8:30 AM

Doesn't mean anything...remember Boyd in his first spring game? He couldn't hit the ocean that day if he was standing right next to it.

Aug 24, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

Watching the sec network? Sounds cootish.

Our backup was the #1 QB recruit in the nation

Aug 24, 2014, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

So I feel pretty good about our backup, but yea, only one team in the country can say that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our backup was the #1 QB recruit in the nation

Aug 24, 2014, 6:24 AM

Look @ M Davis' stats last year . Impressive.
Then look closer. The 3 good defenses he went up against all shut him down. Clemson , Mizzou and Florida .
The other patsies let him run free , but heckuva season nonetheless.

#notasgoodasJames

DB23

not to give props to coot - but Mitch may surprise you...

Aug 24, 2014, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

got a feeling that he will do well for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

Getcher, you're right on with your last statement. Fill in the names of our first two q-backs in your post, and you've described our situation at Clemson. BTW, can you fill us in on the bio of Connor Mitch. I've heard good things about him.

Aug 24, 2014, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Dylan Thompson ]

Connor Shaw was PERSONALLY responsible for no less than 50% of coot wins. Your luck left with your lucky (Shaw) charm!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 7:51 AM

Dylan Thompson is one player I don't want to see go down for any reason. To be absolute honest, I'm hoping that when November 29th gets here, the coots are healthy from top to bottom so there won't be any excuses after we kick their ASSE$ in Death Valley.

Aug 24, 2014, 3:02 PM

I agree, it just cracks me up hearing all these analyst run their mouths about Cole and pointing out all of Clemson's gaps but yet SC was the preseason pick to win the SECE With a new QB for the most part and a very questionable secondary and no Clowney ??? Guess they are now the darlings of our state.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one part of your post we can all agree upon is that

Aug 24, 2014, 8:17 AM

we don't wish injury on any of these men...other than our fellows sending a few Dawgs to the nether regions come next Saturday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:51 AM

I see it different. I think by the end of the year mitch will be getting a lot of playing time. He is the better overall talent.

Aug 24, 2014, 9:53 AM

I agree babaganoush. I can see Mitch replacing Thompson in the middle of the season, much in the way that Shaw did the car-keyer. I like it.....b/c it will mean they have been losing.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic