Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ty-Dye is back in style
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Ty-Dye is back in style

Aug 19, 2015, 8:06 AM

Ty-Dye is back in style

Running back Tyshon Dye feels like he is close to being ready for the season, telling TigerNet he finally feels like himself again. What does he say about the other running backs? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Ty-Dye is back in style

Aug 19, 2015, 8:11 AM

I hope this young man has a break out season.
To go through what he has and fight back, it's time for thing to go his way for a change. Would love to see him rush for over a K.

WRU and RBU

Aug 19, 2015, 8:33 AM

Going to be great with all these backs - truly a next man up situation
not sure how you platoon 4 or more backs - but we need to utilize this "fleet" to the fullest.

I've been waiting to see Dye at his potential for a long time... can't wait!

Re: WRU and RBU

Aug 19, 2015, 8:34 AM

When he is healthy he is as good as advertised outta HS . This kid can be special .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No.***

Aug 19, 2015, 12:47 PM [ in reply to WRU and RBU ]

null

We have players who quit and players who don't seem to know

Aug 19, 2015, 8:54 AM

... the meaning of the word "quit".

Dye + Feaster running behind Mitch Hyatt Next Year

Aug 19, 2015, 9:00 AM

= Beast Mode

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hope he makes it up the depth chart before the season

Aug 19, 2015, 9:14 AM

starts. He is clearly busting his tail but last I remember Elliott was putting him near or at the bottom of the chart. He should be the #2 back competing with Gallman every game for the #1 spot. That would be a great situation for us.

Isn't 213 a little on the light side?

Re: New Story: Ty-Dye is back in style

Aug 19, 2015, 9:23 AM

This has given me a goose bumps thinking about the possibilities that the Tigers have this season! Man i can't wait!

Take Advantage of RB Depth

Aug 19, 2015, 4:02 PM

Dabo et.al., seems to play their No.1 players at each position most of the game and substitutes sparingly. I hope that Elliott/Scott/Swinney will keep the No.1 back in the game about 40% of the time and play the No.2, No.3, & No.4 RBs the rest of the time. This would accomplish a couple of things...

1) Imagine Gallman, Dye, and other backs running with fresh legs against tired defenses in the 4th quarter; and

2) If No. 1 or No. 2 RB gets hurt, it would be nice to know that the backups have significant real game experience.

There's upsides and downsides to every approach, but we do have the luxury of depth at RB with relatively little drop off between the No. 1 RB and the No.4 RB. I hope that we use this to our advantage.

Hey Dye....If That Back Is Still Bothering You ----

Aug 19, 2015, 9:40 AM

You need as much immediate treatment that you can get. Don't make things worse.

Re: Hey Dye....If That Back Is Still Bothering You ----

Aug 19, 2015, 9:45 AM

His back will always give him problems. I think he can be a good player just not the type player he could have been.

Aug 19, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Hey Dye....If That Back Is Still Bothering You ---- ]

Yea that is terrible if his back is what is still lingering. That will cause him pain his whole life and its not an easy fix. I just hate to hear that for him. I am sure he will see great doctors who will go over treatment options as a lot of pain can be Psychological.

Aug 19, 2015, 1:02 PM

Once you have had back surgery, you will have a friend for life and pain will be part of the equation. I had back surgery in 1977 and haven't looked back. I still work out at the gym, just don't deadlift 500# anymore.
It will depend on his pain threshold. Good luck to the young man. Don't worry, your back will let you know when you have had enough.
Anyone with a bad back can relate to this.

isn't dye behind gallman, Davidson, and fuller?

Aug 19, 2015, 10:08 AM

Maybe motivation but he's 4th, 5th, maybe even 6th in right now depending on brooks and choice's progression.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point with my earlier post. Elliott not high on him yet.

Aug 19, 2015, 10:31 AM

I think Elliott is probably trying to motivate Dye but he has made enough mistakes in practices and scrimmages that last I remember reading Elliott was saying he was the bottom of the chart. He's got work to do.

Re: My point with my earlier post. Elliott not high on him yet.

Aug 19, 2015, 1:03 PM

I remember Frank Howard would use this a lot -if you were a starter and had a bad game or loafed in practice, you found yourself on 4th team. Amazing what that did for attitudes.

A little worried about Dye

Aug 19, 2015, 6:34 PM

If his back is still giving him problems then obviously he isn't 100%. He's in a tough situation because he has to play well these next few years to have hope in making into the league but in reality he should take a break from football until his back is 100% healed. I hope Dye makes the right decision because this could be a huge problem for him later in life. But to his advantage, he has great doctors at Clemson that will help him through this process

Why was Zac Brooks not mentioned?

Aug 20, 2015, 12:13 AM

Is there something we don't know about?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic