Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement

Sep 30, 2017, 9:19 PM

Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement

Sep 30, 2017, 9:21 PM

I call Bull chat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is

Sep 30, 2017, 9:40 PM

complete crap! No tickets for their band next time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.

Oct 1, 2017, 7:54 AM

Give them their tickets, in their normal spot, and make no mention of it. And kick their ### again.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake

Sep 30, 2017, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

Fake info from VT. Suggest we go ahead and save them an upper deck slot next time they come. Carrying the tubas up to the top will be good for them. Pathetic response and pathetic action on their part in the first place.

Oct 1, 2017, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

And to pour salt in the wound, Tiger Band showed up with 150 members as communicated with VT, and found out when they arrived that VT only allotted 130 seats.

Sep 30, 2017, 9:22 PM

that's not an explanation

Um, not in Death Valley.***

Sep 30, 2017, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2017, 9:24 PM

It's hopefully where their band will be in DV from now on. Never in the past though.

Sep 30, 2017, 9:27 PM

Flat out wrong/lie. ALL Visiting band sits front row next to their teams end zone entrance at Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012.

Sep 30, 2017, 9:35 PM

#######

There's something in these hills.

Yeah this statement is just a sad lie.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took tons of pictures back then. I'll go look when I get

Sep 30, 2017, 9:43 PM

home.

Might be good meme material. I was there, I know you're

Sep 30, 2017, 9:44 PM

right.

Screen shot that tweet before those cowards delete it***

Sep 30, 2017, 9:46 PM

Done, also someone beat us to the meme-ing

Sep 30, 2017, 9:50 PM

posting in new thread

Re: ########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012.

Sep 30, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to ########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012. ]

I know for a fact this is incorrect. I have a friend that was in their band and they were never in the very top of stands, and if it did happen the instances were few and far between.

It's obvious they are doing absolutely everything they can to take our traveling presence out of the game. Too bad it's not helping their team haha.

Go Tigers! Go Tiger Band! Still sounding great tonight!

Lol

Sep 30, 2017, 9:55 PM

Oct 3, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: ########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012. ]

They take it out on the Tiger band. Clemson takes it out on the Hokie football team. A trade off I'll make every time. Hope the tiger band members don't mind. :)

Sep 30, 2017, 10:10 PM [ in reply to ########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012. ]

Someone please respond with a photo or screenshot of that. I don't have twitter or I would.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 2, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to ########. They sat in the west end zone in 2012. ]

Surprised no one pointed that out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Hey Tech, guess what

We actually have upper decks. Enjoy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 30, 2017, 9:47 PM

Well, I hope they enjoy playing from Hwy 123 the next time they visit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aerial pic from 2012 game- I tweeted this to VT

Sep 30, 2017, 10:02 PM
IMG_1041.JPG(185.2 K)

Where's the link to the tweet. Would like to see response.***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2017, 10:07 PM

They made this up because they got called out on national TV by the announcers!

Not even the chickens do something this lame...

Sep 30, 2017, 10:14 PM

the band sits right in the corner in Columbia and vice-versa..

Video of it

Sep 30, 2017, 10:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pZKQBzvyaU

Oct 1, 2017, 1:09 AM

It didn't help
GO TIGER'S!!!!!!

Oct 1, 2017, 1:31 AM

A couple of years ago Georgia Tech put FSU's band in the upper deck of the end zone (or side, can't remember), so the FSU fans could have better seating. That made some sense to me. Seems like VT could have made up a better "story" that the one they told!

Re: FB Update: They just wanted to

Oct 1, 2017, 1:36 AM

make it hard to put band members in the game in the 4th quarter

Oct 2, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

I had rather the band have better seats than me. They work their tails off ! Fans don't

Maybe for OUR band....not the opponents band

Oct 2, 2017, 10:00 AM

I don't give a rip about them.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you. About making money.

Oct 2, 2017, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

Our athletic department has been run by a bunch of misers for 20 years. The current AD has opened up the purse a bit, but he's scratching hard to find extra dollars. You guys look like bazillionaires to us.

Re: I agree with you. About making money.

Oct 2, 2017, 9:02 AM

HUH ? what does putting our band in the upper deck have to do with making money? V-tech can kiss my a ss that was just poor taste

Re: I agree with you. About making money.

Oct 2, 2017, 10:01 AM

Those tickets are paid for too

but they probably sell them as season tickets

Oct 1, 2017, 8:14 AM

They (they being Va.Tech) figured if they placed the band up in the nosebleed
section, the Hokie fans wouldn't be able to hear Tiger Rag every time we scored.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:58 PM

Next visit, let's put them up in the top west corner of upper deck North.

What ever happened to...

Oct 2, 2017, 10:12 AM

...do unto others??? Next time if we DO put them in TDS or TDT, we can request they perform at halftime...it'll take the whole 2nd quarter to get down to the field and 3rd quarter to get back up to their seats!

Oct 2, 2017, 10:21 AM

If we were to put anyone's band in the upper deck it should be FSU to quiet that Tomahawk chop. But that won't happen because we do things right. This guy also posted that they haven't been to Clemson during his tenure- so he really doesn't know what he is talking about. He just lied.

Classy or Cheesy

Oct 2, 2017, 10:39 AM

VT for the most part was a classy host this weekend. Their answers to why our Tiger band were seated in upper deck corner was anything but classy. It was cheesy. Their seating should have recipricated our seating when they visit DV, imo. In 7 years, we'll rise above the major slight to give their band decent seats. Why? Because the Tigers have class.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 10:33 AM

Didn't matter where they sat our band. With how quiet their stadium became, I think people could hear tiger rag every few minutes in the next county. Petty tactic by VT, but we won't do that to them when they travel to the valley. We have more class than that.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, we'll put their band where we always do....

Oct 3, 2017, 11:32 AM

Right down by the field! Why? Because we are CLEMSON and we are than that. We don't have to worry about playing stupid pieces of gamesmanship! They should have worried more about our FOOTBALL TEAM, not our band!

Oct 5, 2017, 11:20 AM

I don't know who posted that explanation, but from what I've been able to gather, VT didn't put your band up there. Clemson did.

VT gives visiting teams an allotment of tickets that cover that entire section of the stadium. It's up to the visitors' ticket office to sell/distribute those tickets. Your band was at the top of the stadium because your ticket office decided to sell the lower/better seats to paying customers.

Additionally, your ticket office could have decided to sell all the tickets and leave your band at home. That wouldn't have been VT's fault either.

Oct 5, 2017, 12:35 PM

Would like to know where you gathered your information?

Out of his @SS.***

Oct 5, 2017, 12:53 PM

Oct 5, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

Even if that were true please explain the inverted triangle of Clemson seats? From TV it appeared there were virtually no seats assigned to Clemson at the bottom with 3/4ths or more at the very top.
At Clemson over 1/2 the visiting team allotment is in the lower "bowl" with the band in the first 30 rows.

Now there's an explanation for the ages.

Oct 5, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Virgina Tech explains Tiger Band placement ]

Every athletic department decides where visiting bands will sit. "Hey we have a group of 75-100 band members that will be attending the game, should we sit them just wherever?" Uh, no.

If this is true, it just adds to the pile of pathetic crap that is Virginia Tech.

I understand the VT short changed us by 20 band seats.

Oct 5, 2017, 1:00 PM

This after it was communicated to VT prior to the game per their request but when our band showed up VT had sold the seats to their VT fans.

Also, did I recall this right.... After the VT shootings when VT visited Clemson our band played their alma mater but at the end of the game when we always play our alma mater the VT band played over it. Did I dream that or get that wrong?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

During pregame in 2007

Oct 5, 2017, 1:07 PM

We played their alma mater. The crowd was silent. We then played our Alma Mater. The hokies in the stadium didn't show the same respect we showed for them and started their "let's go hokies" cheer.

Re: During pregame in 2007

Oct 5, 2017, 1:24 PM

Why are the VT ppl always lying?

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic