Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Mar 13, 2016, 8:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you take any kind of medicine for...

Mar 13, 2016, 8:52 AM

Misspelled Nancy Reagan .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Weed will do that to you.***

Mar 13, 2016, 5:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2016, 8:56 AM

For the record I don't take any prescription meds right now , but if I did I would do whatever was necessary to eliminate them from my needs regimen as quickly as possible .
The point of people harshing on MB isn't that it's stupid to smoke weed , it's mostly that it's stupid to smoke weed when your livelihood depends on it . The same reason hookers don't take vows of celibacy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 13, 2016, 9:04 AM

I understand your point, and agree. However, I'm not

Mar 13, 2016, 10:04 AM

going to feel bad for him when he knew the rules and consequences of disobedience.

Like Maria Sharapova...using legal, Dr. prescribed meds that get put on the banned list.

Dude, I get it.. but its a simple as these 2 things.

Mar 13, 2016, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

1. Don't smoke pot, make millions of dollars.

2. Smoking pot will further a depression, not help.

3. See #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I halfway agree

Mar 13, 2016, 11:19 AM

Millions of dollars >>>> smoking weed

But smoking is a known medical treatment of depression, not a cause. Now it is possible that someone's depression is not cured or alleviated by smoking, but that's like any other prescription that only has a possibility of curing something.

Even still..... Bryant is an idiot. So much potential. He could be one of the best WRs in the NFL, but he still has the same lack of focus and commitment that he had here. That's why he never showed out here.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Mar 13, 2016, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you take any kind of medicine for... ]

Couldn't agree more. When you're being paid millions for your job and your job has stipulations on what kind of chemicals can be in your body, you abide by those stipulations. You even hire a doctor to help you abide by those stipulations.

I also did plenty of stupid things when I was in my 20's, but never anything that jeopardized my job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Ronald Regan ? You mean Seth Rogan ????***

Mar 13, 2016, 8:57 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I don't think the debate is whether or not pot should be legal...

Mar 13, 2016, 8:57 AM

It's about a player's inability to obey 1) the law & 2) his employer's rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Puleeze Francis, this thread isn't about cutting to the

Mar 13, 2016, 5:51 PM

chase and getting logical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me guess

Mar 13, 2016, 10:43 AM

Under 25, Pot Smoking rationalizer, and a bit naive.

Re: Let me guess

Mar 13, 2016, 1:12 PM

Yes, the naive folks are the ones who think pot is the issue here.

Awww Ober dey ayuss..

Mar 13, 2016, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Let me guess ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Mar 13, 2016, 10:50 AM

It should be legalized imo but he broke the law! He has ability that some would kill for. Put the blunt down for five years, get paid, and retire a millionaire by the time you're thirty. Grow the #### up!

Mar 13, 2016, 10:55 AM

Agree legalize weed and the number of pill heads will decrease.
It would not stop everybody from taking pills but weed could help people with pain issues.
I'm sure most doctors rather get people started on weed than strong additive pain pills.
Again weed will not help everyone but we should have a choice.

Mar 13, 2016, 1:13 PM

No thanks. I like small government a lot, but it crosses the line when people start doing things I don't like.

Mar 13, 2016, 11:02 AM

Nobody is saying he's an idiot for trying to treat his depression. He's an idiot because he knew it was against the rules and did it anyways, after already having been disciplined for it several times. He's an idiot because he's throwing his career away and hurting his family doing something he knows is against his employers rules.

Why is everyone turning this into a debate whether weed should he legal or not? That has nothing to do with the situation. Even if it's legal that doesn't mean his employer or anyone's employer will let them do use it.

Mar 13, 2016, 11:09 AM

Totally different argument. But, when people are paying you millions of dollars and they say don't do this or that, then there are consequences when you do. Same thing at my work, they drug test, and one of those drugs they test for is weed. And my wife and kids depend on me to provide for them, and never in a million years would I ever jeopardize that. And he makes more playing one game than I do all year. So if a father and husband like me can have enough sense to know what not to do to keep providing for my family, so can he.

Mar 13, 2016, 12:19 PM

Agree completely. They could legalize weed across the US.....and I would still be fired if I tested positive for it. If I were high on the job, that could put others at risk.....and the company at risk for lawsuits if I mess up. So, I have a job and I know the rules, and I follow them. And.....I don't get paid millions to be at my best....it is simply common sense.

This is like using the First Amendment argument when.....

Mar 13, 2016, 11:11 AM

someone getting fired for saying something incrediuosly stupid knowing it is against company policy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on all those drugs. I should

Mar 13, 2016, 11:22 AM

Smoke the weed instead. Will you be my lawyer when my company fires me for failing my drug test? Thanks.

At least Naproxen doesn't give me the munchies...***

Mar 13, 2016, 11:44 AM

Best SAFE medication for Crohn's disease

Mar 13, 2016, 12:10 PM

I would know, as my health is stabalized by it. It sucks people believe it is so bad, just ignorance. It was made illegal because it threatened profits of the lumber industry via lobbying by William Randolph Scott. It is safer than many legal things, including alcohol and cigarettes.

If you know anyone with Crohn's, or IBD, cancer, or anything that destroys the body, they are suffering. Plain and simple, and the ban needs to end.

Re: Best SAFE medication for Crohn's disease

Mar 13, 2016, 12:47 PM

No we get that , and wish those people well and I don't think anyone would deny a person who suffers what would help them the most .
Having said that , Martavis Bryant is merely wrecking a potentially great NFL career , jeopardizing millions of dollars and putting great uncertainty on his future in the NFL by smoking weed socially .
He isn't in pain , he his just ignoring rules and getting stoned .
It's about the poor decision to do so when you don't benefit from it in any way and in fact you suffer from it's use.

DB23

Great points +1

Mar 15, 2016, 1:55 PM

I agree about him to an extent, except he said he is suffering from depression; a known condition that benefits from buds use. It needs to be declassified as a dangerous drug, because that it is not.

That being said, if he is suffering from depression, there are other medications considering how much money he makes and how close he is to losing that. Tough situation regardless of career.

Hey, does weed damage the lungs like cigarettes do?

Mar 13, 2016, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Best SAFE medication for Crohn's disease ]

Just asking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually no

Mar 15, 2016, 1:45 PM

Quit smoking 6 years ago but not buds, and my sinuses and lungs have cleared up. And bud can be used in cooking, negating the need to inhale. Not perfectly healthy for you or anything, I'm not saying that, but the higher quality it is, the cleaner and more effective. Much better than a lot of medicines out there that are designed to keep the sick people sick, thanks to big pharma.

I wasn't aware that MB had Crohn's disease

Mar 13, 2016, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Best SAFE medication for Crohn's disease ]

and was smoking weed to help with symptoms, that changes everything

maybe he was using it preemptively to avoid Crohns***

Mar 13, 2016, 6:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that I know of, but he is suffering from depression

Mar 15, 2016, 1:37 PM [ in reply to I wasn't aware that MB had Crohn's disease ]

A medicine of many symptoms. Those who oppose haven't a clue.

It's a healthcare issue

Mar 13, 2016, 1:36 PM

"Just Say No" is just as effective to drug addiction

as "Have a Nice Day" is to clinical depression.

Legality isn't the issue...like/dislike isn't either. It is

Mar 13, 2016, 5:17 PM

the rules of the employer and not as new rule. It has to be a coping mechanism or self-medicating thing that certainly can be replaced with alternatives. They're human and are under extreme pressures/ changes but they got to fix that problem- The cost is too much. Martavis dude, give yourself a break if it is for coping. You're human being asked to do super-human feats for God's sake. Somebody talk to the boy.

correct - it may become legal, but it will probably never

Mar 13, 2016, 5:34 PM

be OK with an employer to test positive for it.

Alcohol is legal, but you better not have it in your system when you get tested.

he had the choice and chose getting high before getting paid

Mar 13, 2016, 5:27 PM

and playing football. Getting high was more important to him.

It doesn't matter what happens in 5-10

Mar 13, 2016, 6:39 PM

years. Its currently against the law, against the rules and in general is socially unacceptable. Therefore, there are consequences for doing it.

There's also the small matter of how legalizing pot would lead drug companies to manufacturing a controlled, synthesized version that may be less effective with more side effects.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic