Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dream come true
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,690

Dream come true

Oct 5, 2014, 11:36 AM

I have been working on the sideline for the Clemson home games this year. When the stadium was open for fans before the game yesterday a family came in and went down to the sideline at the Northeast corner of the stadium. They were all decked out in Clemson gear. It was a dad,mom, a young daughter(probably 10-12) and a son (probably 8-10). When they found their seats the husband hugged his wife and said this is awesome. they all just stood in silence and looked around soaking in the beauty of Death Valley. The dad saw me standing there and began asking me about the stadium, the grass, the hill, The Rock, etc. I asked if this was their first visit to Death Valley and he said yes it is. They had driven two days from Arkansas to see a game in The Valley. I asked did he have family here in South Carolina or what was his connection with Clemson. He said no, but he had seen a Clemson football game on TV as a kid and he fell in love with Clemson football from seeing that first game. He said Clemson just seemed different than the other teams he would see on TV. Clemson seemed bright, exciting, and everything that was good about college football, a "bucket list" game to attend for any true college football fan. The dad actually played football for the University of Minnesota, so he does appreciate College football. I must admit that it made me extremely proud to hear these comments about a university that I hold so near and dear to my heart.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice story, McV -***

Oct 5, 2014, 11:39 AM

Re: Dream come true

Oct 5, 2014, 11:42 AM

How awesome! Yesterday, sitting in the Valley watching my Tigers, I truly thought about how very blessed we are. What a beautiful day in such a special place. We take it for granted sometimes, but we are blessed! Go Tigers!

Oct 5, 2014, 12:20 PM

So true, It really made my day to see the joy in their children's faces when the tiger came by and high fived them and posed with them for pictures. It was a beautiful day for a football game and seeing them enjoying their day made it that much more special. I saw them on the field after the game and made a point to thank them for visiting Clemson and wished them a safe trip on their return to Arkansas.

Great story! Loved it.

Oct 5, 2014, 12:45 PM

Hope they read this post. Great to have visitors to the Valley like that!

Oct 5, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Dream come true ]

I know, I know coot's call Death Valley a sh!t Hole..what are they talking about? When I call willy-b a dirty, filthy, trashy crap hole, I am only speaking the truth. Despite the hatred between the 2 schools there is no comparisons between the 2 facilities. I guess you can take the boy outta the trash but you can't take the trash outta the boy!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,690
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic