Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stanford scientist: 65 yr. old same chance of dying of covid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,921

Stanford scientist: 65 yr. old same chance of dying of covid

Apr 20, 2020, 9:40 AM

as driving to and from work every day.

Also said, 99% of people who die from covid have On Average 3 other reasons to die (co-morbidities). The US is counting all deaths even remotely related to covid as covid deaths, but which of the 4 diseases that they had actually killed them?

Another data doctor (David Katz) on the same show confirmed that there are only two ways out of this: immunity from vaccine, which is 18+ months away at best, or herd immunity. The only solution now is to let healthy people out, get enough infected and immune, so that the virus can no longer easily spread to vulnerable people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yay! Since I'm retired and don't drive to work ANY day,

Apr 20, 2020, 9:43 AM

this must logically mean I am home free when it comes to this virus! NOT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yay! Since I'm retired and don't drive to work ANY day,

Apr 20, 2020, 10:19 AM

Could also mean NO sports for a while!

Re: Stanford scientist: 65 yr. old same chance of dying of covid

Apr 20, 2020, 10:24 AM

Thx for sharing. I saw the results of their study a few days ago. I hope he is correct, but the report has not been peer reviewed and the authors point out several factors that could undercut their findings given how and who the test was administered. MIT Tech Review has a nice follow up article if you are interested. Have a good one.

The true positive numbers are definitely higher than the

Apr 20, 2020, 2:17 PM

official count - the CDC isn't publishing estimates yet absent data that comes from studies like this. The main problem with this study is the population tested was dominated by people who thought they had already been exposed. So it's still biased like the virus testing that is almost solely performed on symptomatic people so far (19.5% positive in the US). It's noted in the Nature brief.

They were saying 18 months 2 months ago

Apr 20, 2020, 10:25 AM

I wonder what has changed that extended the time by 2 months

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were saying 18 months 2 months ago

Apr 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

It will be 18 months away until it gets here!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were saying 18 months 2 months ago

Apr 20, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to They were saying 18 months 2 months ago ]

It’s beginning to remind me of the sign in the bar that (always) says “FREE BEER TOMORROW” ...

Apr 20, 2020, 10:42 AM

User Logo
WiFied
All-Conference [417]
TigerPulse: 100%
Stanf­ord scientist: 65 yr. old same chance of dying of covid [1]
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 9:40 AM

as driving to and from work every day.

Also said, 99% of people who die from covid have On Average 3 other reasons to die (co-morbidities). The US is counting all deaths even remotely related to covid as covid deaths, but which of the 4 diseases that they had actually killed them?

Another data doctor (David Katz) on the same show confirmed that there are only two ways out of this: immunity from vaccine, which is 18+ months away at best, or herd immunity. The only solution now is to let healthy people out, get enough infected and immune, so that the virus can no longer easily spread to vulnerable people.

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST YEAR IN HISTORY THAT NO ONE DIES OF NATURAL CAUSES.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake news - I saw a report yesterday where one person

Apr 20, 2020, 11:01 AM

did actually die of natural causes - don't remember who it was but he was famous enough to be on the news. (But he could be the only one to do so).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brian Dennehy, actor, was 81. Reported as death from

Apr 20, 2020, 11:27 AM

natural causes.

Re: Brian Dennehy, actor, was 81. Reported as death from

Apr 20, 2020, 5:55 PM

tigerteez said:

natural causes.

tigerteez said:

natural causes.

Rambo was awesome

Apr 20, 2020, 6:20 PM

Cocoon wasn't bad either. Yeah... long time ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 8:10 PM

He was apparently on Kojak, Serpico and MASH, too.

Apr 20, 2020, 8:30 PM

Man, didn’t know that. Semper Fi brother from another mother. Loved Silverado. Rambo, not so much.

Dr. Katz and Dr. Loannidis were both on Life, Liberty, and

Apr 20, 2020, 11:18 AM

Levin last night. Two very interesting interviews that are worth a listen. I especially found Dr. Katz's interview worthwhile. Here is a link where you can watch the interviews:

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/life-liberty-levin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dr. Katz and Dr. Loannidis were both on Life, Liberty, and

Apr 20, 2020, 12:09 PM

This is what I was watching, and who I was quoting.

Ah, The Great One. Mark Levin is a great American.***

Apr 20, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Dr. Katz and Dr. Loannidis were both on Life, Liberty, and ]

Is that based on NON - social distancing?

Apr 20, 2020, 11:19 AM

how does he know this if all we've had in place is social distancing and other restraints

Re: Is that based on NON - social distancing?

Apr 20, 2020, 12:16 PM

Last week some city in the US did random testing of people walking down the sidewalk. They tested 200 people. One-third of them tested positive for antibodies, meaning they have been exposed to the virus.

Another study last week said that there are 50x more people with the virus than we currently know about because of complete lack of testing for healthy people.

It is looking like there are many, many people who have gotten the virus, didn't get sick at all, or much at all, and their immune system fought off the virus. They are now immune. Without testing of healthy people, we'll not know exactly what's going on. The problem is that they don't have enough tests for the sick people right now. But some random testing studies are being done that will show exactly what is going on.

Re: how many random tests do the fearmongers need?

Apr 20, 2020, 2:30 PM

The US has conducted 3x more tests than any other country, yet we continue to say we need more tests.

How many more?

Social distancing is not just designed to limit the spread; it is also designed to limit the strength when it does spread.

Like a wildfire not hot enough to ignite a tree, but as though the blackening of the bark produces antibodies to ward off future fires.

Some people want us to outlaw matches now (metaphorically) now that we're building immunity to wildfire.

Apr 20, 2020, 4:00 PM

The “testing” meme will be repeated until Drumpf aka tRump aka OrangeMan aka Mr. Tiny Hands is removed from office. Apparently it has focus-tested well and the memo has been sent. Biden has no idea where he even is anymore as he sinks further into dementia and clearly won’t win without a LOT of help from the DNC media gerbils.

START THE HEARINGS FOR THE TESTING FAILURES INVESTIGATIONS NOW!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 20, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: how many random tests do the fearmongers need? ]

Social distancing only slows down the speed of the spread. Barring an immediate miracle drug that cures this virus, or an immediate vaccine that gives immunity, the number of vulnerable people who get infected with this virus and die from this virus will be the same over time. All that social distancing and shutting everything down does is give us a little more time as the virus moves through the community, until it infects enough people to prevent the virus from freely spreading (herd immunity). Unless you COMPLETELY (not coming within a football field of anyone or anything else) isolate yourself from every human and animal (do dogs get this?) until an effective vaccine is available, you will get exposed to this virus -- unless enough other vulnerable people get it first, thereby protecting you from being infected, since most of the people who you would come into contact with would then have immunity.

How much blackening of the bark does a tree need to not succumb to the next fire?

With infections, you either have immunity or you don't. And we can test for this. You have to get burned and exposed to this virus to get immunity to it.

We have done more testing than anyone else, but all of our tests are for people who have been sick enough to qualify to get a test. (And those tests are not immunity tests - they are infection tests, which only test for an active infection.) We have not tested those who don't feel sick. And we don't need to test everyone for immunity. Just a scientifically representative sample to know how many people have antibodies to the virus. Then we will know how close we are to herd immunity.

Unfortunately we are still in the "need more data" phase

Apr 20, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: how many random tests do the fearmongers need? ]

in regards to testing. Until recently, only the very sick were getting tested - basically if you weren't headed for the hospital you weren't tested. This happened to my sister in early March. The very night she returned to SC from visiting her grandson in NY (prior to the lockdown) she came down with a high fever and double pneumonia. The doctor didn't test her for COVID-19 (no tests available at his clinic) and just gave her treatment for the pneumonia and told her to self quarantine at home. At the time DHEC was the only people in the state with testing ability and they were jammed up. So my sister was never tested yet I can almost guarantee you she (as well as my nephew and his wife) have had COVID-19 but won't show up in the stats as having had the disease and recovered.

So the current stats inevitably skews the mortality rate higher than it really is simply because the majority of people being tested in the month of March were those who were ill enough to be hospitalized. There simply weren't enough tests available at the time to test symptomatic folks who could be treated by home quarantine.

As testing has ramped up astronomically with even more becoming available, I'm fairly confident we are going to find a lot more people have had this bug and got over it which will ultimately drive the mortality rate down. How much the mortality rate drops is anyone's guess but I don't think there is any doubt that more people have had this bug and recovered than is being shown by the numbers we see today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately we are still in the "need more data" phase

Apr 20, 2020, 5:48 PM

And your wife had symptoms. The vast majority of people who get infected have no symptoms at all, apparently, and some others have some variety of symptoms, like your wife, but don't get hospitalized/tested.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:29 PM

I also think that a Stanford study also showed that out of about as of April 1, the official count of those with the virus was 956, when blood sample tests given to 3,000 residents of Santa Clara County would have indicated the actual number of cases would have been between 48,000 and 81,000. The study also says that there were so may people that showed that they had antibodies for the virus indicated that either the virus has been here much longer (guessing maybe being mis-diagnosed (my conclusion, not theirs) or other viruses created antibodies that were also effective against Covid 19.

Apr 20, 2020, 4:54 PM

I've been following him and Katz for a month. They are 100% legit with better resumes than Fauci, but won't get any attention because their take doesn't fit the "stay shut down or we're all gonna die" narrative. MSM wants this to last the rest of the year.

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,921
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic