Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who did "All In" first, Clemson or Auburn?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Who did "All In" first, Clemson or Auburn?

Aug 12, 2015, 2:11 PM

This is a pretty good summary, but it leads me to believe Swinney came up with the idea before Chizik. So it appears that Auburn either came up with the idea on its own, just later than Clemson, or stole it altogether. Since Auburn played Clemson that year, my bet is that AU saw some mention of it, thought it was cool and co-opted it. Remember that was the year with CAM the Scam Newton and it fit them perfectly because they were basically "all in" allowing him to continue playing while under NCAA investigation, very risky. Since Auburn won the MNC that year and the "All In" phrase kind of had a double meaning for them, and got alot of play. Still CDS in my mind came up with it. Here's the article:

http://www.warblogle.com/2012/08/29/football/proof-that-auburn-was-all-in-before-clemson-ever-was/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aubarn has a real identity crisis-they don't know that they

Aug 12, 2015, 2:14 PM

are war eagles, not tigers, and they stole "all in" from us. As far as I remember Dabo coined the phrase with the poker chips the boys drop in the bucket before the game.

Chizik stole "Family" also, both right before our game

Aug 12, 2015, 2:21 PM

in 2010. And of course since they won, it sounded to everyone else like they came up with it first. But that coach was exposed for the fraud he was once Malzahn left. And Dabo is still here kickin butt!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

War Eagles? Tigers? Plainsmen?

Aug 12, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Aubarn has a real identity crisis-they don't know that they ]

They definitely are schizo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nobody calls them the "war eagles"

Aug 12, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Aubarn has a real identity crisis-they don't know that they ]

That's just a battle cry their fans use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who did "All In" first, Clemson or Auburn?

Aug 12, 2015, 2:18 PM

Despite its title, the article pretty much proves that Clemson was using "All In" before Auburn. Apparently, we just weren't using in an SEC way so it didn't count.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who had hedges first?

Aug 12, 2015, 2:26 PM

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, or Texas A&M?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It doesn't matter.

Aug 12, 2015, 2:30 PM

What matters is AU using our Paw. Knowing that Bama fans can't spell CLEMSON I hope they can pick the right color to paint on our Paw there in Toomer's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares? It makes zero difference to anything. Ever. One

Aug 12, 2015, 2:38 PM

thing is certain - Auburn made great use of it on way to natty. Can we just get back to ESPN/sec talk ??

Re: Who cares? It makes zero difference to anything. Ever. One

Aug 12, 2015, 3:07 PM

They used it really well in the sec championship game lol

They killed the palmetto state that year Cup. Whipped the

Aug 12, 2015, 4:45 PM

coots and rode it to the natty. First accurate thing you've said in a few weeks. They can have it. Makes no difference to anything, ever.

Re: They killed the palmetto state that year Cup. Whipped the

Aug 12, 2015, 7:15 PM

Learn to type. We get that you're stupid. But there's no excuse.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

You are being a little harsh on Albarn, them boys just

Aug 12, 2015, 2:39 PM

are just not smart enough to have an original thought.

Doyle Brunson***

Aug 12, 2015, 2:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Plenty used it before him... But not the ten/deuce ??***

Aug 12, 2015, 6:28 PM

I believe that post would prove that Clemson had it first.

Aug 12, 2015, 4:02 PM

The article references Chizik using it in 2010. I'm fairly certain that Dabo used the phrase in his first press conference as HC or as interim HC in 2008.

I think you're probably right***

Aug 12, 2015, 4:06 PM

f

This is 100% correct. Dabo used the term in his very first

Aug 12, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I believe that post would prove that Clemson had it first. ]

press conference. I remember it distinctly, and he was named head coach in 2008, so Auburn was 2 years behind I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: I believe that post would prove that Clemson had it first.

Aug 12, 2015, 6:33 PM [ in reply to I believe that post would prove that Clemson had it first. ]

This^^^^ Dabo used it in his first press conference as head coach. Dang errbody nose dat!

This should settle it

Aug 12, 2015, 4:28 PM

Dabo

Credit to whoever I stole this from years ago here on tigernet2.com

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic