Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down go the Cowboys!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Down go the Cowboys!

May 28, 2019, 9:12 PM

Doesn’t matter what they did in stroke play

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Down go the Cowboys!

May 28, 2019, 9:17 PM

Nope... just goes to show you, make it to match play and anything can happen.

Stanford and Texas tomorrow. Who’d have thunk the way Stanford was tanking on Monday. Every match was 3-2 except ok st vs smu...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 9:19 PM

There’s nothing like match play. Even at the scrappy golfer level the most fun I’ve had is in local Ryder Cup style matches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 9:27 PM

You just answered my question. It does level the playing field. I wish they’d have more pro tournaments like it.

Would love to see a pro tournament that played 3 rounds of stroke play and then cut to the top 4 players and then Sunday play the matches. Mix it up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 9:23 PM

Texas was 5th ranked going in and Stanford 10th. Fun format... I guess. Without match play, the tournament would have been pretty boring.

You like it or not?

Golf is such a fickled game . . . just when you think you've

May 28, 2019, 9:28 PM

figured it out . . . you haven't.

We have agreed in past posts, "It is the most humbling game we've ever attempted to play."

Proud of those Ponies from SMU!!! And happy for their Coach!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golf is such a fickled game . . . just when you think you've

May 28, 2019, 9:34 PM

Agree. I still say it’s the hardest championship to win in college. The same teams could play tomorrow and the results would most likely be different... I actually think we’d had a good chance in match play because our bugaboo was crooked numbers which in match play is a couple holes.

I think every other sport would be even more humbling if everyone played it as much as golf

May 29, 2019, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Golf is such a fickled game . . . just when you think you've ]

Golf is humbling because people convince themselves that they are good, but they suck!! It’s just the sport that everyone can feel accomplished at, especially the ego driven, even as they grow older. It may be humbling for pros on the top of their game, because they are so good it doesn’t make sense why they would miss some of the shots they do, but you can argue that happens in any sport there are off nights for individuals. At the highest level there a good athletes in every sport that rise to the top and fade.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't win at golf, only play it.***

May 28, 2019, 10:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob Hope described golf perfectly. He said something along

May 28, 2019, 10:51 PM

the lines of:

"Golf is a funny game. Some days you go out and miss it left, right, sky it, skull it, and then you go out other days, and for no particular reason, you REALLY stink!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic