Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Donte Grantham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,447

Donte Grantham

Dec 22, 2017, 5:45 PM

I used to call him Milton Jennings 2.0 but he has really progressed from his past 3 years at Clemson and looks like he added on some serious muscle in the off season. Really glad that he has lived up to his potential. Dudes killing it. Jennings never progressed like Grantham has. I know we still gotta run the acc schedule but I like what this team is doing. Teams really come out of blossomgames shadow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Donte Grantham

Dec 22, 2017, 6:20 PM

Totally different player.You should wait to judge.

I think Grantham actually regressed since arriving here,

Dec 22, 2017, 7:26 PM

until this year. I have no explanation, but he showed up here with some real basketball skills, and seemed to be a cut above the typical Brownell recruit (at the time). Then inexplicably, he seemed to struggle more and more each year. This year, however, it seems the light has come on; he really does look good. Personally, I think it has always been between the ears for Grantham (as it is for a lot of them).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think Grantham actually regressed since arriving here,

Dec 22, 2017, 7:33 PM

maybe he went through a slump as every player does and our so called fans got on him badly and it just got in his head. good to see him snap out of it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sophomore year slump but last year was an enigma. JB & team

Dec 22, 2017, 7:54 PM [ in reply to I think Grantham actually regressed since arriving here, ]

never got on same page.

Biggest thing I see with him

Dec 22, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I think Grantham actually regressed since arriving here, ]

is he's playing within himself. I actually think when we all questioned why he explored the draft last year we were shortsighted. In those camps I'm sure he heard some things about his game. His biggest strength has always been he's a jack of all trades. He can do a little of everything but doesn't leap out at you in any part of his game. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it's quite valuable in the concept of a team. This year he's let things come to him and maintained his consistency in doing all the basic things. He takes it to the hoop instead of chunking threes, plays solid D, is rebounding well, handling the ball, the basics. He's doing the ordinary, extraordinary. His offensive efficiency is off the charts

Great to see the season he is having and the fun also.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:29 PM

Seems like a tremendous young man.

Re: Great to see the season he is having and the fun also.

Dec 23, 2017, 7:38 AM

We were talking about him yesterday. Sometimes he tries to do too much. He can be a real asset to this team when he assumes the "trash man" role. Plays physical in the post, rebounds, stick backs, sets picks and hits jumpers from 15' in. If he will stay in that role he will help us win a lot of games. We don't need him shooting 3's or taking ill advised shots or driving to drive the ball from 20' out. That is what Milton Jennings used to do and it killed us. Every good team has players playing their role and when they do that they are very good.

He seems to really be embracing his role as a leader on this

Dec 23, 2017, 7:52 AM

team. Last year, he looked like he was forcing it, now it seems as he's embracing it. He is a completely different player.

So far he's making me eat my words, hope he continues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic