Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,637

Trends

Feb 10, 2017, 2:35 PM

I started a new job in April of 1981, and we went on to win a national championship that year. In September of 2016, I was laid off from that same company, and we went on to win a national championship. About a week after we beat Alabama, it dawned on me that my first year and my last year with that company, we won national championships.

I am a glass half full kinda guy. I started a new job this week and to continue the trend, hopefully we will win another national championship this year. I am planning on retiring in about four years, so we should win another national championship that year also. Trying to think pawsitive here, let's keep the trend going.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trends

Feb 10, 2017, 2:40 PM

Congrats on the new job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 2:42 PM

Thanks!

Not just congrats, but also thank you. I am sure it took

Feb 10, 2017, 3:27 PM

some doing to position yourself for a layoff. My guess is you had grown tired of the Natty drought and decided to take one for all of us. For that...thank you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not just congrats, but also thank you. I am sure it took

Feb 10, 2017, 3:43 PM

Nah, nothing intentional on my part, although I do not miss that upper management group at all (times have really changed in the corporate world over the last thirty five years.) It was just coincidental I guess. I just hope we have another coincidental situation....lol

In 81, I was 5. This time my son is 5. Not saying I want my boy to have kids too early, but....***

Feb 10, 2017, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing here.

Feb 10, 2017, 5:37 PM

Same thing here exept older haha. I was 14 when we won the first time and now my son is 14

the only thing I'm not good with in this, is the word

Feb 10, 2017, 5:00 PM

retire.

Clearly you don't know how this works for the rest of us...

Re: the only thing I'm not good with in this, is the word

Feb 10, 2017, 5:34 PM

I guess we'll have to find some youngster for me to pass the torch on to......lol

Feb 10, 2017, 5:37 PM

In about four years Trevor Lawernece will be a junior. Just sayin'.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 10, 2017, 6:24 PM

Wow - I never worked more than 12 years for any company. For 35 years, I sure hope you vested and will receive a fat pension. Few companies still give pensions, but they are helpful in retirement. You will enjoy that in 4 years. Good job helping us win those NC's. :)

Feb 10, 2017, 6:59 PM

Company was under three different owners during my time. The last one did away with pensions. I will enjoy a nice little supplement from the second owner for my time. Every little bit helps. Trying to get the last few pieces of the puzzle put in place for the golden years. ??

Don't you just love it when companies decide to take away a

Feb 11, 2017, 11:03 AM

pension benefit that they likely used to attract you/other talent in the first place? I understand that the overall climate in business has changed a great deal, and pensions are going the way of the dinosaur, but when you have loyal employees who may have stuck around for the pension alone in some cases....well, that strikes me as underhanded. Gotta do what they gotta do, though.

I'm a believer in capitalism and all this being said, I'm still with the same company that did away with my pension about 5 years ago myself...so I guess it's not too bad to leave. Good thing is I never banked on that pension being there long term anyway.

Good luck in the new job.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,637
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic