Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will be last OL commitment?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,185

Who will be last OL commitment?

Mar 17, 2016, 9:22 AM

According to Korncoot we are no longer recruiting Eric Douglas out of Charlotte which I'm pretty glad of. He doesn't look very athletic and has fat in the wrong places. Kinda looks like he is a soft player, I bet he ends up in Columbia. I'm hoping staff raps up Trey smith out of TN. I know we had another big name from GA in recently too. Wish we could add both Smith and Ceaser Ruiz from IMG to get a true center but prob not enough space.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Not very athletic and has fat in the wrong places."

Mar 17, 2016, 9:31 AM

Pretty much just summed up the meeting I just had with my mirror.

I get what you're saying

Mar 17, 2016, 9:41 AM

But, it's never a good idea to insult recruits. They, and their families, read these boards. It's tasteless, and akin to going to the mall and telling high school girls they're fat or ugly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get what you're saying

Mar 17, 2016, 10:00 AM

yep the last few years this has wrecked our recruiting. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Touche***

Mar 17, 2016, 2:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, just don't let any recruits read your

Mar 17, 2016, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I get what you're saying ]

email machine and they will never know.

Re: "Not very athletic and has fat in the wrong places."

Mar 17, 2016, 10:16 AM [ in reply to "Not very athletic and has fat in the wrong places." ]

Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Who will be last OL commitment?

Mar 17, 2016, 10:43 AM

Trey Smith and Cesar Ruiz are both top targets. We are considering the option of taking both - it's tough to find good centers coming out of high school.

Re: Who will be last OL commitment?

Mar 17, 2016, 11:44 AM

You pretty much nailed it in mentioning Trey Smith. He may be from a small school but he's proven on several occasions that he's built for the big stage as he's competed and won against some of the best. He'll take some unofficial visits this spring and eventually narrow it down at or around the start of the summer. We'd be blessed to have him sign with us and I hope it happens.

Keep an eye on Tedarrell Slaton (6-4 320) of Fort Lauderdale, FL. He recently had us in his Top 5 and Slaton is very highly rated by most services and I've got him at #44 on my board. One thing to know about him is that for such a big guy he does actually move really well.

Tony Gray (6-5 265) out of Lawrenceville, GA is familiar with us and has visited so he could perhaps be one to watch for that last spot. I believe he projects well as a guard at the next level but I'd still like to see him officially weigh in on the scales this spring. This same write up could be true for Andrew Thomas who is also from GA.

Netori Johnson put us in his Top 10 but I'm not sure how much weight that actually holds. I still see him signing with the Tide unless Georgia is able to sway him in their direction. Watch out for Florida and Auburn to make a late move with him.

Now with Ruiz the key is getting him in for a visit cause that could swing things in our direction- perhaps. But as of now it appears that he really likes Michigan and UNC though Auburn is hard after him. I fully expect FSU, Bama and the usual suspects to jump in as well.

As of now the Isaiah Wilson ship has sailed off for us. I don't see us getting back into the picture with him as things stand right now. Sure do wish we could've got involved with Jack Anderson (6-5 285) of Frisco, Texas but that's just me being greedy. Can't say enough about him cause he's performing at such a high level for a rising senior. He's currently a solid Texas Tech commit per reports.

One from IMG I'd really like to see us after is Robert Hainsey (6-5 275). The cat is out of the bag on his talent level as he's performed exceptionally well in camp this spring. I've got him at #104 on my big board for now and I see all the other sites have him flying up the rankings after they realize what I already knew. He's got the potential to be a good one and some team is getting a steal when he commits.

Want a sleeper? Not saying we'll offer or jump in on these folks but here's a few sleepers; Try D'Antne Demery (6-6 300) of Brunswick, GA. He doesn't get talked about a lot and we have yet to offer but he's still out there; though the dang Dawgs want him badly. Kai-Leon Herbert (6-5 275) of Fort Lauderdale, FL doesn't receive much love-yet. But I like his talent. Kendall Randolph (6-5 270) of Madison, AL and Jean Marcellus (6-3 280) of Tampa, FL also fall under this category of guys who I'm big on as of now but the national rankings are lagging behind me.
Just my thoughts-
TB

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,185
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic