Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,272

Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff

Dec 17, 2019, 9:51 AM

has a feeling Burch is going elsewhere and the offer for Burch is the one they extended to Simpson?

They did just have their in home with Burch last week too but he has not visited since July for even a game or an Official or unofficial visit.

I could definitely see a world where an over sign at LB to a Justin Flowe and a Trenton Simpson could be acceptable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff

Dec 17, 2019, 9:53 AM

Regardless of Clemson's desires, I think both of those players are choosing to play for other programs.

Burch may not have it in him to turn his back on his lifelong love of the coots and Flowe is feeling the tug of the west coast.

It doesn't really matter whose offer went to Simpson. We won't get either of the remaining "big fish".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:59 AM

If Burch plays for the coots, then he has no desire to further himself academically or as an athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 10:04 AM

Or he is a super shy/nice kid (evidence is his recruitment style) who can't find it in himself to tell that many people close to him "no".

I've seen lots of kids who continue to play a sport or do an activity for several years because they can't find it in themselves to tell their parents, coach, or friends that they don't like it anymore.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:12 AM

Them types normally turn into truck drivers. Seen it so many times before.

Don’t think we land either

Dec 17, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff ]

But the optimist in me is wondering if Burch had his mind made up and just didn’t want to tell people where he was going because he didn’t want the extra scrutiny/pressure.

I don’t think it’s likely but hard to recall a recruitment played tighter to the vest than his.

IMO Flowe loved everything about Clemson except how far from home it was and he was hearing it from his family which prevented him from ever pulling the trigger. Tiny sliver of hope that he rethinks it but I would be surprised if he left the west coast at this point which is part of the risk you run trying to recruit out there.

Maybe if BV would pay Jake's tuition out of pocket,

Dec 17, 2019, 10:34 AM

it could be the spot opening we need.

just spit ballin of course

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Maybe if BV would pay Jake's tuition out of pocket,

Dec 17, 2019, 11:27 AM

This type of thread is so sad. Grown men wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth over which school a 17 year old kid is going choose to attend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe if BV would pay Jake's tuition out of pocket,

Dec 17, 2019, 11:42 AM

Says the guy commenting on a thread about 17 year old kids trying to decide about which school they want to attend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nobody’s forcing you to read/comment on the posts

Dec 17, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe if BV would pay Jake's tuition out of pocket, ]

Just ignore them if you take so much offense to it and let the people that want to talk about recruiting talk about recruiting.

Not everyone needs to read every thought running through your mind.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,272
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic