Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NSA could stop this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

NSA could stop this...

Mar 22, 2020, 12:40 PM

I think it is pretty safe to assume that between Apple, Google and the NSA, somebody is tracking our movements via our cell phones. So, when someone tests positive for Corona, they should be able to see who that person has been in close proximity to over their infectious period, and send them a text message.

Text from CDC: "On Friday, March 13, 2020 at 6:15pm, you were within 30 feet of a person who has tested positive for the Corona virus."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like jitter bug users would need this the most

Mar 22, 2020, 1:01 PM

and you left them off your list of providers. Are you even trying to save lives?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: seems like jitter bug users would need this the most

Mar 22, 2020, 1:17 PM

What's a jitter bug? I've only heard that is a dance and mysterious insect my mom used to talk about... So how would that help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: seems like jitter bug users would need this the most

Mar 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

https://www.greatcall.com/phones?utm_campaign=G+-+GC+-+Jitterbug+-+Brand+-+TX&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=jitterbug&utm_adgroup=Jitterbug+-+General+-+Phrase&utm_query=jitterbug&utm_matchtype=p&utm_content=ADTX_GEN_NA&utm_network=g&ds_rl=1277631&ds_rl=1277670&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmdzzBRC7ARIsANdqRRmfCFtCatU7JDOGUyaIRK4W9sHmyaMzJRNzyCPsBV49rn-2kTfTqhQaAqBsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil

Mar 22, 2020, 1:15 PM

Liberties while our elected officials are destroying our economy over a virus that’s killed less people in the US then are murdered in Chicago on a typical weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil

Mar 22, 2020, 1:19 PM

Think you might change your thinking if you get a bad case of the jitter bug mess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^

Mar 22, 2020, 1:21 PM

Pepto-Bismol...right?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what jitter bug is,

Mar 22, 2020, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil ]

But shutting our entire economy down for a virus that only kills people who would probably die if they got the flu seems a little ridiculous to me.

Re: Not sure what jitter bug is,

Mar 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

I'm not so sure about that assumption. I was talking to a friend who is a nurse and he told me one of his nurse colleagues is in ICU on a ventilator with COVID-19 and she is 33, with no other medical issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont take this the wrong way...

Mar 22, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil ]

Because i completely agree with you. But you woild have to have your head buried so far underground its melting in lava to not think that this stuff is already happening.

Google, Amazon, NSA, etc. have every bit of our information and can easily track us. Government doesnt keep up with most people because we are not a threat... but they have all of our information if they wanted to use it somehow.

Same qith the big corporations... they have everything about us... they use it for advertising and manipulation.

I know they’re already doing it and it’s only

Mar 22, 2020, 1:47 PM

Going to get worse with 5G. The information data mining companies get from our cell phones the FBI would be required to get a search warrant to get the same information.

Legally, yes, they would.

Mar 22, 2020, 2:55 PM

I believe that they do it regardless. I think they get a warrant after they already know something if they need to do something legally.

I do not like the data collecting.

Re: Dont take this the wrong way...

Mar 22, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Dont take this the wrong way... ]

Re: Dont take this the wrong way...

Mar 22, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Dont take this the wrong way... ]

Joe, I’d bet the companies and organizations you mentioned know our habits and routines better than we ourselves do. Kind of a scary thought

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Yes they do.

Mar 22, 2020, 3:00 PM

And yes, it is scary. I think they can manipulate us with that information. Right now it is in consumerism... ever been talking about something in a face to face conversation and then all the sudden you have advertisements pop up about your conversation you had a couple of hours earlier? Or have you had a dream without saying anything about it to anyone and you see advertisements concerning your dream? They do a gantastic job of understanding the psyche.... and that is scary.

Re: Yes they do.

Mar 22, 2020, 3:52 PM

Yes, I’ve had that happen multiple times. To minimize it, I keep the apps I use/download to a minimum, and only allow them to be active while I’m using them. Also turn off all permissions possible. Pretty scary and invasive for multiple organizations and companies to have access to your camera, microphone, text messages, pictures etc.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mar 22, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil ]

I agree with you somewhat.They are trying to control fear as well as the virus.Shutting down the economy for months is not sustainable.Hoarding food and paper products is idiotic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil ]

I know Chicago is bad, but 391 people are murdered there each weekend?

I think you mean year instead of weekend.

Mar 22, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Yeah we might as well destroy theConstitution and civil ]

Chicago 2019 - 490 murders
US Coronavirus - 323 (as of 1 pm)

490 in a year isn't a huge number, historically. The national murder rate is lower than it was in the 80s and early 90s before Clinton's 100,000 policemen initiative and the booming economy led to a steady decline. Chicago had 701 in 2016 (fewer annually than in 88-98), but it's decreased since then.

Your right, but we’re still cutting off our

Mar 22, 2020, 2:02 PM

Leg because we got an infection in our pinky toe.

Re: NSA could stop this...

Mar 22, 2020, 1:24 PM

I saw where China is doing something similar to this. They are scanning barcodes on people’s phones before they enter a place. If someone tests positive then they know where that person has been, and hen can send texts alerts to people that would have been at those same places at the same time and tell them to quarantine themselves.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic