Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swagger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Swagger

Aug 4, 2015, 8:01 AM

Swagger

Later this afternoon the Clemson football team will make the trek from the locker rooms in the WestZone to the practice fields, crossing Perimeter Road and unloading in front of the indoor practice facility. The familiar clack-clack of cleats on concrete will fill the air as the team files onto the practice field for the official beginning of the college football season. And they’ll do it with confidence.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swagger

Aug 4, 2015, 8:26 AM

If that won't get you going nothing will! 2015 will indeed be special! Let's just keep DW4 healthy...too many weapons around him to be anything less than deadly! And mark my word, this D will be a top 10 D by December. Spot the ###? ball, and Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well chit. I just ran through a brick wall and ate nails.

Aug 4, 2015, 8:30 AM

Pumped up!!!!

flame-out of Gamecockian proportions..

Aug 4, 2015, 8:52 AM

+1.

And there is no way in #### that happens! Like mentioned, we actually have talent and aren't a 1 hit wonder. This team is deep! And a lot of the starters on this years team, regardless of how many are gone from last years team, all played significant snaps last year. When you are #1 you only have one place you can go, but this D certainly won't drop that much. Still at least a top 20 D, but coupled with a top 5 O! Big things on the horizon! Going to be a great year!!

Aug 4, 2015, 9:25 AM

I honestly don't know how good we are going to be, and I don't think we will know that until we get smacked around a little by someone we were sleeping on, or someone that was prepared for us. At that time we will see how we respond. I know there are teams out there that believe they are are going to be good that are with less talent than we have. I know it's way to early to pin the, We are the Champions label on us. We all feel that when looking under the hood, we see a lot of good parts that should make a lot of good power. But we are going to need some luck with getting it all broke in the right way. If nothing comes loose or gets broken, we have enough spark plugs to get us to the end in pretty good shape. We'll see, drop the flag and spot the ball, GOOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sing it. Bring it.***

Aug 4, 2015, 9:26 AM

Aug 4, 2015, 9:37 AM

mac's just being helpful...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2015, 9:39 AM

OHHHH MANNNN SPOT THE D*** BALL!!!!!

Our swagger on defense reminds me of the 80's

Aug 4, 2015, 9:58 AM

And I'm loving it!

The best paragraph to sum up our defense this season

Aug 4, 2015, 10:16 AM

"Many say that Clemson can’t get back to number one. Some will tell you there might be a flame-out of Gamecockian proportions for the defense in 2015. There’s a difference between this defense and what happened in Columbia a year ago – this group has talent and playmakers across the board. What they lack is experience behind the starters. But those backups? They’re good. They’re talented"-David Hood

Every coot at usUcK needs to read that! Good article DH!

Re: The best paragraph to sum up our defense this season

Aug 4, 2015, 1:36 PM

Darn it! If that don't get you fired up, you need to check the 'ol heart. I'm ready, we have been waiting 7 months. Spot The Ball!!!

Aug 4, 2015, 10:50 AM

I know this is off topic but does anyone know practice days and times? I know they are closed to the public but my son would love to at least see the nations best players before or after practice

Nov 16, 2014, 9:03 PM

I got you.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17544861#17544861

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just Don't Hurt Each Other Fellas ----

Aug 4, 2015, 11:27 AM

Remember, we are stronger the deeper we are. Let's get to Louisville at full force at least. Be tough but stay healthy...... all of you.

Go Tigers.

Aug 4, 2015, 12:18 PM

I really like how this team is should be offensively, because we have too many weapons and opposing defenses can't cover everybody

Re: It's about time

Aug 4, 2015, 1:34 PM

Every postion at every level has need this. Now, put it into action. Nuff said.

Here we go again...

Aug 4, 2015, 4:22 PM

I hope we have a great year, but the OLine, the defense, the special teams...

I just can't get there with you.

Re: Here we go again...

Aug 4, 2015, 4:28 PM

SMFH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^dumper^^^^^^^^

Aug 4, 2015, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Here we go again... ]

Come on man, grow some balls.

Go Tigers!

The thing I hate most about the article

Aug 11, 2015, 8:36 AM

SWAGGER. Tommy Bowden first used this for Clemson a few years back and these Clemson writers have used it ever since.

I hate the term. It associate it with arrogance which is one thing we cannot afford and a thing which should never be encouraged. I know it is pre-season and this is the time for singing. As we have no opportunity to bring anything, but of all the terms which a writer, or coach, might use to describe their team, swagger is among the least encouraging, least useful. Remember when Dantzler was pretty much our offense? There were some guys walking about with swagger back then.... Didn't get us very far.

Screw swagger, give me ambition, focus, drive confidence., even nastiness if you must, but leave swagger for those who are competing beyond their abilities.

Re: The thing I hate most about the article

Aug 11, 2015, 8:59 AM

Swagger is ambition , focus , drive and confidence ....in a word .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

When I hear the word swagger, I immediately think

Aug 12, 2015, 8:16 AM [ in reply to The thing I hate most about the article ]

of Thug U (Miami). They used to talk about it all the time. Don't really want us doing anything that would put us in that context.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic