Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't shoot the messenger.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 358

Don't shoot the messenger.

May 29, 2020, 10:49 AM

Go ahead, shoot the messenger if that's what it takes to ignore the truth about mail in ballots.

"President Trump is raising a completely legitimate concern that an unprecedented expansion in the use of mail-in ballots in the 2020 election could lead to voter fraud. But that has not stopped his critics from declaring his statements to be false.

Really? In 2012, before mail-in voting became a partisan political litmus test, the New York Times published an article titled “Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises.” The piece noted that “there is a bipartisan consensus that voting by mail … is more easily abused than other forms,” and that “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth.” A bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James A. Baker III, concluded in 2005 that “absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud” and that “vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail.” Carter and Baker also pointed out that citizens who vote at nursing homes “are more susceptible to pressure, overt and subtle, or to intimidation.” In Florida, there is even a name for this: “granny farming.”

No one questions that mail-in ballots have much higher rates of not being counted. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology study found that in the 2008 presidential election, 7.6 million of 35.5 million mail-in ballots requested were not counted because they never reached voters or were rejected for irregularities. That is a failure rate of more than 21 percent. In 2008, it did not matter because the election was not particularly close and mail-in ballots only accounted for a fraction of votes cast. But imagine the impact that would have in a close election in which mail-in voting is tried on a massive scale.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/28/trumps-concern-about-mail-in-ballots-is-completely-legitimate/

I urge you to read the story to ensure I C&Ped it without editing anything and please follow thee links within the article which will take you to other 'hard news,' sources which support the article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

water is wet***

May 29, 2020, 10:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

So you’re telling me if we all vote in person,

May 29, 2020, 11:04 AM

it’ll be more legitimate and I might actually collect social security one day?

Signmeup.gif

Re: So you’re telling me if we all vote in person,

May 29, 2020, 11:12 AM

SS? Naw man that is gonna be flat broke quicker than expected, especially if the fools enact a tax holiday on payroll taxes again. Not sure how they expect it to survive if one lowers inputs and outputs grow.

Re: So you’re telling me if we all vote in person,

May 29, 2020, 11:15 AM

SO it is why I am gonna collect at 63, no sense waiting in truth because at the least it will be means tested by net worth as 1 possible way to lower outputs.Gonna get me mine back before the carp hits the fan so to speak.

Did SS tax withholdings change?***

May 29, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: So you’re telling me if we all vote in person, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did SS tax withholdings change?***

May 29, 2020, 12:17 PM

Notice I did say if? It has been discussed and Trump is a proponent in fact.

I suspect the numbers of old people who died when...

May 29, 2020, 12:33 PM

blue states ordered covid patients returned to nursing homes and other LTC facilities might help here. It's up to over 25000 so far.

Show me your ID first.

May 29, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to So you’re telling me if we all vote in person, ]

lutz

That liberal Amazon WaPo the president whines about.***

May 29, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I hope you're satisfied with yourself.

May 29, 2020, 11:53 AM

You put the weapon in this psychopath's hands. :)

Things like this are a perfect example of why I thought it

May 29, 2020, 12:00 PM

was nuts for Twitter to pull the stunt they did. Take the POTUS's tweet and hang a "Get the facts about Voting by Mail" on it, linking to a Politico story calling his claims misleading, and NOT be accused of pure partisan gamesmanship? Absurd. An opinion piece in the WaPo stating that there are numerous instances of officials expressing legitimate concern about that process...sooooo...that didn't take long. Now what does Twitter say is "the truth"? Because now they're in it. Now they've stood up and said "We'll clean this up for you." So...what say you, Twitter? This is your responsibility now. Tell us what's true.

null

I vote in person & via absentee mail ballot. Figure at least

May 29, 2020, 12:10 PM

one gets counted; at best both.

But got to be careful to vote same way on both ballots! Or not?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we wait until there is a COVID vaccine...

May 29, 2020, 12:46 PM

we could probably just think about our vote and the microchip will automatically register it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 358
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic