Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is or has been to BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Who is or has been to BC

Sep 24, 2014, 3:25 PM

Me and the wifey are thinking about going in OCT. I have been told that there is nothing to do in chestnut hill.Where should I stay that's pertty close to the stadium?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is or has been to BC

Sep 24, 2014, 3:49 PM

I've been the past 3 times - great city with great fans. Stay in Boston & catch the "T" (Metro) out to Chestnut Hill. Or anywhere along the T - parking at BC is not easy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 24, 2014, 3:54 PM

We prolly going up on the thurs before the game. So you say no need to rent a car just take the T. Is that safe late at night or just catch cabs.

don't rent a car for boston

Sep 24, 2014, 4:05 PM

unless you are driving to cape cod or something. Roads in Boston are screwy, they go in circles

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: don't rent a car for boston

Sep 24, 2014, 4:10 PM

I think we my work Cape Cod in have a lobster dinner. Just to say we been there and done it.

Re: don't rent a car for boston

Sep 24, 2014, 4:11 PM

OCT 20th we have been married 20 yrs, so we going to do it right

Dont need a car in Boston.

Sep 24, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to don't rent a car for boston ]

If you fly into Logan, you can get on there local train and bus service and pretty much go anywhere.

I have been twice. I would recommend staying at the Marriot Long Wharf. It is pricey, but in my opinion worth it (and I am a pretty cheap person!). You are right next to a train station that can take anywhere and you are pretty much in the center of the Freedom Trail and Quincey Market.

You can spend a full day each on either side of the Trail seeing the historic sites. Then circle back for the good food at the Market or a short wall to the south side where you can get some good Italian food.

I have been to all of the ACC schools minus Cuse, Pitt, and Louisville. And this by far is the best trip. Lots to to see and do. Its good that you are doing a long weekend. But there is so much to do you will need to go back. I know I plan on it. I still want to see a Red Sox game.. One day it will work out that the Tigers will play BC in September when the Sox are in town..

Also, the train is very safe. However it will be crowded on the return trip back to Boston from the game!

Worse place I have ever driven. Circles is a good

Sep 24, 2014, 6:00 PM [ in reply to don't rent a car for boston ]

description.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2014, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is or has been to BC ]

Agree. Took the family years ago when CJ Spiller was a freshman. After that game I knew we had someone special in him. I remember the fans really not being into the game. They piped in a lot of crowd noise through the speaker system. The town of Boston is great. Lot's to do and see. If you are into History then you will be over joyed. Everywhere you look there is a sign posted about something historical. Have fun and go. I hope to do it again sometime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The BC area is primarily residential. Best area

Sep 24, 2014, 3:52 PM

to stay is Copley Square, but rooms are expensive. We are staying on the inner loop at Needham. Visitor parking is in that area with shuttles running to stadium.
I'm still trying to find a parking pass at campus.

I went in 1983 (?), and it was great town. Poor 2nd half,

Sep 24, 2014, 3:59 PM

and hardly no tailgating........but fun if we had played the 2nd half.....too much Flutie!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay in Boston. There is a train that stops right by the

Sep 24, 2014, 4:00 PM

stadium.

One of my favorite trips, by the way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stay in Back Bay and take a train***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sep 24, 2014, 4:18 PM

harvard square in cambridge is a lot of fun that time of year, assuming you leave the wifey at home.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2014, 4:28 PM

LOL the only way she's not going is for me to lock her up somewhere

Buzzpaw may be able to provide some assistance with that***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Buzzpaw may be able to provide some assistance with that***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:54 PM

No thanks that could make me a key witness

Sep 24, 2014, 4:36 PM

going to Boston tomorrow, actually, for my 30th birthday to catch a red sox/yankees game... i'll let you know how it is! ;)

Sep 24, 2014, 4:39 PM

My sis took my nephew last yr to a red socks , yank game. They had a blast

Sep 24, 2014, 5:57 PM

Here's a little travel information for you: If you don't want to pay the $295-395 rate for a hotel in downtown Boston go to airbnb.com and rent a one bedroom one bath apartment for $200.00 in the North End (Little Italy) or somewhere near Beacon Hill or near Back Bay. We always rent a condo for around $400.00/night and have about 1,200 SF to roam around in with two couples it cuts down on the expense. Forget going to the Cape, go to Abe & Louie's for your anniversary, you will have to make reservations but their food is top shelf. Google the Boston T and you can go anywhere on it! Faneuil Hall is the main tourist area, however there is more than enough to do through out Boston.

Staying at Hilton Back Bay- stay in town & take T to stadium

Sep 24, 2014, 6:03 PM

Tons to do & see - all in walking distance. 2 years ago we saw last Red Sox
game of the season. It was old timers reunion night - very special.
Might want to check weather concerning Cape Cod. SOOO much to do in
Boston itself for a long weekend - might need to make the Cape another
trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, positively GO!

Sep 24, 2014, 6:17 PM

Best away trip ever! Lots to do! So much history and great places to eat! Do research online before you go, but definitely go!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic