Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obed says “look at me I know about guitars”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 695

Obed says “look at me I know about guitars”

Jul 5, 2020, 8:36 PM

Freeman posts picture of epic concert and Obed attempts to demean it with a jackazz John Popper comment.

Obed. Sometimes you are a real dink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know you love yourself some Blues Traveler.

Jul 5, 2020, 9:01 PM

Obed does know guitars, and Demetre does kinda resemble Popper in his big days.

Here is a pig of our fearless singer and Tiny. He’s a big boy:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coincidentally, I listened to a couple BT albums earlier

Jul 5, 2020, 9:12 PM

today...I won't be sleeping tonight, so maybe I'll put a few others in the queueueueueue

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is it with you?

Jul 5, 2020, 10:03 PM

Cm is my bud and a badass (and Popper’s a badass too). He’s forgotten more about guitars than I’ve known. I’ve lost count of the number of times everybody gets a joke but you, and then you post some nasty sh## to someone who is generally friendly with you. What is up with this confused white knight crap?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is it with you?

Jul 5, 2020, 10:13 PM

You can be as annoying as Prod.

All good man. Just let people have their moment without trying to be the expert in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it’s not all good. Your hot reads are effing terrible.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:43 PM

There was no moment taking or one upping. It was a hyperbolic weather comment (I don’t even own a really nice guitar and necks don’t actually curl up) and a big guy in the band joke on a blurry picture.

If there’s anyone other than you and tbalm who genuinely thought I was being an a-hole, please let me know, because I don’t want to be that misunderstood by anyone who accurately picks up on social cues. I have my moments but that thread was about as far away from being a diick as it gets and you’re flying in like I made a joke about someone’s dead grandmother. What the eff man....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it’s not all good. Your hot reads are effing terrible.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:51 PM

So disappointed that you were not able to use “strawman” in that term paper. Cause you used every other Lounge term in that rant.

I like you dude. You are just too much at times. Like know your spot and back off at times. All good.

Why didn’t you just save us some time and say

Jul 5, 2020, 10:52 PM

“Drinking fireball tonight”

Re: Why didn’t you just save us some time and say

Jul 5, 2020, 11:10 PM

Save us some time and just say, “I am a know it all and like to have pisssing matches around every topic.”

Goodnight peaches. Appreciate the social graces tips.***

Jul 5, 2020, 11:12 PM

My favorite use of the insult “peaches”...

Jul 5, 2020, 11:58 PM

Stoned Matt Braunger playing Bingo. Hilarious:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_3ws1Kpw_ls

And who plays thinlines:
Johnny Lang, Samantha Fish, and Buckland from Coldplay are the only mainstream guitarists I know who play them. Paul Gilbert’s Ibanez is very similar, but it’s not a Fender. I like mine because of its neck and fret size. Every time I use it, live and studio engineers LOVE it. This has been my main guitar going on two decades. I have 4 other Teles, but this one will always be my main guitar.

You know A is going to be A.

Jul 5, 2020, 11:00 PM [ in reply to No, it’s not all good. Your hot reads are effing terrible. ]

That’s pawski’s thing. I know what you mean, and I always look forward to your input on anything posted on TN...especially when it comes to guitars. I’m still daydreaming about that green Gretsch Streamliner we discussed a while back. Pretty sure I’ll buy one sooner than later.

And the thing about this Vox, it interacts so awesomely with the hollow parts of this Tele. I can’t wait to use it live. I can feel the wood in the guitar moving and air literally flows from the F-hole. Sonic joy created.

That’s awesome. I’ll keep my eyes out in Sam ash.

Jul 5, 2020, 11:11 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thinline in person much less played one. Does anyone in the semi-mainstream play one for their primary or is it more of a niche sound? Fender’s site lists everyone from Thom Yorke to Jimmy Buffet as playing one.

I hear you on the Gretsch. Played a friend’s the other night and it’s so fun. You instantly want to throw down some SCOTS or some Diick Dale. (Yeah, I know on the last one but a Gretsch sounds more surf to me than any strat ever did).

Re: That’s awesome. I’ll keep my eyes out in Sam ash.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:48 AM

my pair of Gretsch, a '56 and a '65. I adore the vintage Gretsch tone. The originals play like crap but nothing sounds like the. The ones play great.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:50 AM

Posting from the phone jacked up the subject line and the pic, LOLUTZ.

Those are both sweet but the one with

Jul 6, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: That’s awesome. I’ll keep my eyes out in Sam ash. ]

The Bigsby (assume its the 65?) is just beautiful.

Right, the '56 is missing a knob.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:07 AM

Picked it up in a pawn shop in RH for $100 in 1986. It doesn't even have a model name according to the nice folks at Gretsch, it was a budget model for that period. The '65 is a Chet Atkins model. I had a 40s model Gretsch Synchromatic acoustic that I bought in an antique store for $35. It was completely trashed and needed everything. I had it down at my buddy's music store to see if we could bring it back to life but it got lost when they moved locations. Hate that, but he's made it up a million times over with the deals I've gotten from him.

"look at me I know about white knights!"***

Jul 5, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to What is it with you? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't make me put you on my prayer list!***

Jul 6, 2020, 7:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 695
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic