Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't look now but the ACC bowl tie ins are just as good as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,870

Don't look now but the ACC bowl tie ins are just as good as

Jul 24, 2013, 7:23 PM

the sec and big 10.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9501738/sec-finalizing-non-college-football-playoff-bowls-sources-say

However, I'm sure the the SEC is counting on "earning" a lot of spots in the 6 playoff bowls.

If you look at the final polls for last year and assume SEC teams wouldn't play each other then the SEC would have played in every single playoff bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

"After SEC teams are selected for the college football semi-

Jul 24, 2013, 7:49 PM

finals" Good ole SECPN sounds like they expect more than one SEC teams will be picked for the two semifinal games. What a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN has their head up their own azzes on this.

Jul 24, 2013, 8:56 PM

Conference champs will be given special consideration. With only four spots and five major football conferences it's unlikely anybody including the SEC could have two go.

You can bet if two conference champs are left out the chit will hit the fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't look now but the ACC bowl tie ins are just as good as

Jul 24, 2013, 9:06 PM

Not sure I see where you are coming from. As I read it the SEC gets a team in the, semi finals, sugar bowl, possibly orange bowl,gator, capital one, outback. That doesn't take into consideration the slim chance of getting 2 teams in the semis. That's pretty strong. I also think they signed some deal with the Big 12 about some type of game under special circumstances for the losers of the conference championship games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't look now but the ACC bowl tie ins are just as good as

Jul 24, 2013, 10:02 PM

The Top 12 bowl slots go to those teams who earn it by being conference champ or ranked high.
Orange, Rose, Cotton, Fiesta, Sugar, Peach

Every conference has equal access to these, Just earn it on the field.

1. ACC Orange Bowl SEC Sugar Bowl
(This is a 12 year contract ND can appear a maximum of twice and the SEC and Big 10 must appear a minimum of 3 times in the Orange)

2. Capital One bowl is SEC #2 vs Big 10 #2 or ACC #2
Since the ACC takes the Big 10 spot in the Cap 1 when the B10 plays in the Orange its likely that the ACC will play in this Bowl more that the the B10

3. The ACC #3 (or 2) plays the Big 12 #3

4. The SEC has a 2-7 bowl game pool, The ACC has a 3-6 Bowl game pool

The overlapping bowls are the Belk, Gator, Music City

5. The non overlapping bowls from the pool
ACC
Sun bowl ACC versus Pac 12
Pinstripe ACC versus Big 10 pool

SEC
Outback sec versus big 10 (yes the Sec has the Outback but its been relgated to a pool, while the ACC has the above mentioned Tangerine Bowl vs. locked Big 12 #3)

Liberty sec versus big 12
Texas sec versus big 12

6. The ACC also has a lower tier yet to be determined likely from
Independence Bowl
Lions bowl
Military Bowl
Beef O'Brady's bowl

11 bowl games for 14 teams potentially and that is if no other ACC team is ranked high enough to make a big bowl.

If ACC teams will get their act together then

Clemson, FSU and/or Louisville

Miami, UNC and/or VT

Should be in that top 12 conversation at the same time pretty soon the way those teams are accelerating. Bet the SEC in our head to head matchups and we make our own space in the top games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic