Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Character is revealed during adversity....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Character is revealed during adversity....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:16 AM

I had hoped Cam had matured and changed his ways. However, what we saw last night was the Cam we saw when the Panthers weren't winning every game.

We were treated to a post game interview where the problems were dropped passes and an OL allowing too many sacks, nothing about having the slowest release in the NFL. Following this diagnoses, Cam treated us with amazing explanations consisting of "no" before getting up and walking away before the end of the press conference.

Cam, you're too old to act like a baby. Act like a man.

I'm not a Panthers fan, but enjoyed watching the Cam that was having fun. Apparently, that wasn't who the real Cam is.

Maybe we should reevaluate the reasons some people do not care for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're joking right?

Feb 8, 2016, 8:21 AM

Character?

Not answering questions is a character issue? I hate to live in your house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

Not being gracious is a character issue. You aren't invited to live in my house so it's a nonissue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:26 AM

Pillowfight !!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: You're joking right?

Feb 8, 2016, 8:26 AM [ in reply to You're joking right? ]

I think the point was that adversity builds character. Isn't part of a person's character the way that they react to adversity and poise under adverse conditions?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're joking right?

Feb 8, 2016, 9:02 AM [ in reply to You're joking right? ]

We get it, Tigertalk828.

I like our French guy..

Feb 8, 2016, 9:11 AM

Would like to visit his house, maybe have a wine & cheese cracker but would n't want to stay overnight since my character is in question & his is being questioned in earlier post.

How was that Franc?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Character is revealed during adversity....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:21 AM

I agree. But would add that sCam is a young man and hopefully he'll mature. We all grow up at a different rate.

He coulda been a contender. But the NFL said its not your night.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:15 AM

I would be a little frustrated at the situation.

When the NFL decides it makes a good story for the Patriots to win after 9-11, or the Saints to win after Katrina, or the Broncos to win for Payton's farewell, it's tough to overcome. Money talks. Bread and Circuses. Are you not entertained?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You're saying the game was fixed by the NFL via

Feb 8, 2016, 10:58 AM

the officials?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: You're saying the game was fixed by the NFL via

Feb 8, 2016, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Since when is bobbling the football a

Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 PM

catch?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You sir, are a moron.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to He coulda been a contender. But the NFL said its not your night. ]

A) If you think the NFL is fixed, you need to take off your tin foil hat.

B) Why would the NFL want the Patriots to win after 9-11? The Giants (or maybe even the Jets) are New York's team, not the Patriots.

you must be one of those well-mannered Yankees I've read so much about.***

Feb 8, 2016, 11:15 AM

Re: He coulda been a contender. But the NFL said its not your night.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to He coulda been a contender. But the NFL said its not your night. ]

Yeah, the NFL made carolina turn it over 4 times....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

they had to do something. Manning couldn't score a touchdown.***

Feb 8, 2016, 11:16 AM

Re: Character is revealed during adversity....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

agree. He was not the only Panther that lost last night and could have been more mature about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:30 AM

No one hates to lose more than me, but I'm not going to sulk and pout about it until I am in private.

Did you see Norman? One of the biggest attitude, nastiest trash talkers chase after Manning on the last series to congratulate him? That showed character.

Re: good point....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:21 AM

not standing up for Cam, but he did congratulate Manning on the field after the game.

i agree

Feb 8, 2016, 8:52 AM

I enjoyed watching Cam this season. He was having fun, therefore the team was having fun. Last night proved that Cam has not matured enough to handle the adversity. I thought that he had because of how he handled the loss to the Falcons in the regular season, but last night he just showed that he has a ways to go.

Terrible way to go out. He answered the question that was presented to him but the way he went about it was what was wrong.

I agree. "Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat."

Feb 8, 2016, 9:31 AM

Unfortunately Cam doesnt really follow either ends of this spectrum. I like Cam, I really do. But it rubs some people the wrong way when you dance and have a good time when things are going right but dramatically collapse on the sideline and act like a baby after the game when things go wrong. I was always taught growing up playing sports that you can't be too high and you can't get too low.

What character?

Feb 8, 2016, 9:56 AM

When all you have is bad character, people don't say you "have" character. They say you "are" a character.

Nailed it Franc!***********

Feb 8, 2016, 10:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah but bylines & soundbites were made for front-runners

Feb 8, 2016, 10:52 AM

and so the media rolls.

the TV was mainstreamed in the 1950's

and we've become a nation of fair-weather fans, summer soldiers, and sunshine patriots...

Tnet had some poster with an attitude almost that bad.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:12 AM

I didn't have a dog in the fight but I noticed there were bad no calls on both sides of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't like Newton but he also mentioned his own poor play,

Feb 8, 2016, 11:20 AM

including errant passes and turnovers.

+1

Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 PM

I acknowledge my omission. My bad.

Really? He was pissed and could've called out half the team and coaching staff

Feb 8, 2016, 1:43 PM

Maybe he should've just said "I'm here so I don't get fined" then everybody would love him. Give me a break. He's an emotional guy that was pissed off and it was in his teams best interest for him not to talk much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic